Star of the Sea B&B

Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

More about White Rock

Ocean View room - living roomOcean View room - living room

Board outsideBoard outside

One of many parking meters.One of many parking meters.

The Pier, White RockThe Pier, White Rock

Travel Tips for White Rock

Turn the music down

by duanestorey

As White Rock is a teen/20-something hang out in the summer, the local residences are really concerned about getting a good night sleep. So, there are local bylaws in effect regarding noise.. If you drive down the main strip with your windows down and your stereo blaring, don't be surprised if you get a hefty fine. The police just hang out on the strip and milk the noise cash-cow all day!

Here's a picture of the strip (Crescent Beach road I believe) from my friend's patio. That's Mt. Baker in the background.

Lovely for an Evening Stroll

by CdnJane

"Looking Back down the Pier at the Main Street"

I had just a 24 hour visit with some cousins in Langley and they wanted to take me to somewhere I had never been in the area before, so we ended up at White Rock. It reminded me of so many waterfront communities I'd been before - Blackpool and Southend-on-Sea in England, Manley Beach in NSW Australia, Wasaga Beach in Canada, and Cape Cod in the USA, to mention a few. Nothing wrong with that - just that same feeling of what to do on a summer night with friends and/or family. People of all ages were out for the evening - walking along the waterfront, on the sidewalk by all the cafes, or out on the pier

"Faintly like a movie backdrop"

If you look carefully you can see the snow capped top of Mount Baker. If you don't look too closely, you can still see the big WHITE ROCK - I don't think that is a found in nature shade of white, though!

... and a few more

by elmendorfs

Since we didn't even know that White Rock existed, we obviously didn't have any reservations. We were heading back to Seattle from Vancouver, BC and wanted to see more of the Pacific. Looking on the map we had, there weren't many choices, but we made the right one! We drove through town and started calling numbers on B&B signs using our cell phone as we drove. Everyone we talked with was great, and the Pier View where we stayed, was actually recommended by another B&B owner.

Even the brief rain provided it's unique perspecrive. I caught this reflection while walking back toward town on the pier.

This is an interesting and unique town. A passenger train runs right along the beach, actually between the main steet and the beach. The shops and restaurants look across the street and the tracks toward the beach. Many of the restaurants have rooftop dining which provides a delightful view of the beach and bay; magnificent at sunset!

Since the tide fluctuates several feet, maybe as much as six feet, the landscape changes dramatically from high tide to low tide. Many of these pics were taken on my 'low tide walk'; this one obviously under the pier.

This is looking back toward town from under the pier at low tide.

After walking south "forever" on the beach, exposed by he low tide, I climbed up the rocks and followed the railroad tracks back nort into town. Along the way I just couldn't stop taking pictures. Every time I put the camera down I'd see something else...

As I got closer to town, there's a walkway that runs between the beach and the railroad tracks. The big white rock is by this walkway a little south of the pier. This shot is looking north toward the pier from the walkway.

Comments