Club Regent Casino Hotel

1415 Regent Avenue W, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2C 3B2, Canada

Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel
Hotels.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

• ****Not a place we would ever stay again******

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for Valentine's Day we thought it would be a nice place to stay, but the hotel service is horrible and the rooms are so crappy. Beds are so uncomfortable, there is no complimentry breakfast in the morning and it's not a cheap place to stay. The coffee that the room had to offer was expired over a year ago. I ended up leaving my personal belongs in the hotel. I called the next day and was transfered to housekeeping, I left numberous messages and no one called me back. It took about 2 weeks for me to get a hold of housekeeping and they just ended up saying they didn't find my belongings. When I explained that I called numberous of times and no one called me back they said "oh it's because I was on vacation". I`m sorry but not everyone is on vacation at the same time. someone could have called me back to let me know that they didn`t find my belongings. This is a horrible place. Please avoid staying here. There is so many better casino`s and South Beach is one of them. The rooms are so spaceous, comfortable and beautiful. Service is AMAZING! As well depending on what day you stay there you will get a free dinner, and comlimetry breakfast in the morning. Plus it is so much cheaper!!!

More about Winnipeg

Minnow nettingMinnow netting

All By OurselvesAll By Ourselves

Trembling Aspen (I think)Trembling Aspen (I think)

Pavillion Gallery from across the soccer pitchPavillion Gallery from across the soccer pitch

Texas Hold'em in Winnipeg

by margaret_krowiak

Is there any web-site which can tell me all the different locations, dates, times of Texas Hold'em tournaments in Winnipeg. And is there a amateur poker league in Manitoba?

Re: Texas Hold'em in Winnipeg

by Redlats

I don't know much about gambling. There are two casinos in Winnipeg - one of their wesites talk about Texas Hold'em (http://www.casinosofwinnipeg.com/content.cfm?pageid=1200&langdir=E). I don't see dates, but you could email them. I also found on the internet Manitoba Gaming Commission rules that Manitoba charities have to follow when they wish to hold a Texas Hold'em evening, but no schedules of such.

Good luck!

Travel Tips for Winnipeg

Get outside the city and see...

by PrairieDee

Get outside the city and see the prairie. The fields stretch for as far as the eye can see. The best thing about Winnipeg is the time from May to September. The city is alive with events, the lakes are nearby and the snow is gone.

Winnie the Pooh

by Redlats

Did you know that the Winnie in Winnie the Pooh is short for Winnipeg? The city bought the orginal painting of Winnie, and he will be part of a new Pooh museum in Winnipeg (I kid you not!).

PS According to our paper, The Winnie painting is on a year long tour in the far east. Supposedly he is quite adored in Japan, etc.

Goldeyes and Blue Bombers

by JackieBryan80

The Winnipeg Goldeyes are our baseball team. There season runs from late May to early August. The Blue Bombers are our professional football team. They play in the CFL (Canadian Football League). I would recommend the Goldeyes games because the tickets are cheap, and there is alot of interaction between the fans and the team. I would recommend the Blue Bombers because you get to see great football action. The tickets are affordable to. For the Goldeyes games you should bring a hat and a baseball glove. For the Bomber game you can bring a radio so you can listen to the game, and maybe a hat so you won't get sunburnt.

An hour and a half north of...

by moor0378

An hour and a half north of the city lies one of the top ten beaches in North America. It has beautifull white sand, a boardwalk and cool fresh water swimming. Grand Beach can attract up throngs of suntanned young adults during the summer and even has a night club to go to once the sun has set!

Casinos

by eleanorbueza

Because Winnipeg can no longer depend on its manufacturing industry, it must look to growth through tourism. You'll find booming casino-developments in the suburban areas and clubs sprinkled all over the city. Try the large casino and hotel at Regent Street. The casino has this really cool aquarium at the entrance - a must-see for exotic fish fanatics. No jeans allowed. You should wear semi-formal clothing.

Comments