2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Quality Inn & Suites
Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Interview in Winnipeg

Last March, I went to Winnipeg for a job interview. I was definitely thrilled and excited so I decided to have my reservation in a hotel early so I can do my preparation. I’m not usually like this but I badly want the job at the company in Winnipeg so I kind a freaked out.

So I got in this hotel, Quality Inn Winnipeg. The room rate is reasonable and the location is the best location I can be. The hotel is near to a bus stop and they also have a cab service. I was able to have some research in the company I was applying by using their wifi service which is free. I finished my presentation and all just in time, I must commend their business center for that.

At the day of my interview and rented a cab to bring me to downtown Winnipeg. Thank god I was about 30 minutes early because the cab driver doesn’t know where he is going but he is at least polite to say that he is new to the place and just learning the place himself. I thought I was going for a total melt down but luckily, other cab drivers are helpful enough. I got in the office just in time but totally nervous. To make it short, I almost not hired.

Unique Quality: The hotel staff are kind and helpful.

The business center is open 24 hours does printing jobs and faxing. The people there too are very helpful and polite.

More about Winnipeg

Upper Fort Garry.Upper Fort Garry.

Entrance to the University.Entrance to the University.

Visitor CentreVisitor Centre

English GardenEnglish Garden

Hotel & Bar Q's

by Bwent26

I've got a trip up there in a few weeks and wanted to know where a good area to stay is in? Also, can anyone recommend some good bars/lounges/clubs ect...that are a little nicer. Somewhere the young professionals go.
Thanks

Re: Hotel & Bar Q's

by Redlats

Depends. Need to know a bit more of your plans. Are you driving? Then I would not stay downtown. I would stay close to whatever it is you are coming to see -- there are 30 or 40 hotels/motels and only a couple of them that are on the wrong side of the tracks.

Also recommendations for bars/lounges/etc. depends on your age. Some of the bars seem to cater to the quite young - 18 to 20's. Actually I have no idea where young people go these days, but I could ask my son and pass on the info.

Travel Tips for Winnipeg

Golden Boy!

by guybert

Winnipegers take a lot of pride in the Golden Boy which sits on top of the Legisature Building at the corner of Osborne & Broadway. It was brought down this year because of having been weathered through the many years it sat on to of the Legislature. It took months to recondition him & to redo the gold covering. Finally in the fall of 2002, he was returned to his spot on top of the legislature.

The Social

by rdo911

Invite your friends to a local community club. Charge a few bucks admission to pay for the cost to rent the hall. Play some music. Drink beer. Have a silent auction. Drink more beer. Some people may dance depending on the level of beer in them.

Socials started primarily as a way for a couple to raise money for a wedding. While this is still the primary reason for a social, nowadays almost any reason is a good reason for a social.

Football - Blue Bombers

by rdo911

The Winnipeg Football Club was formed in 1880. In 2005, they celebrated their 75th anniversary.

The Blue Bombers play in the Canadian Football League (CFL). Every November the best team in the West plays against the best team from the East in the Grey Cup. The Grey Cup was first awarded in 1909 and is slowly creaping up to being a 100 year-old tradition.

Cost for tickets is $20-$30CDN.

BEACHES: During the summer,...

by eleanorbueza

BEACHES: During the summer, Winnipegers try to escape the city heat by driving to the surrounding beaches. If you like a smaller beach, try Birds' Hill Beach. If you like a larger beach (without the leeches), try Grand Beach. I hear that Playboy Magazine rated it in the top 10 in the world. Clearly the Playboy camera crews haven't visited Beautiful British Columbia where the most beautiful (not to mention intelligent) girls in Canada hang out ...

No Country Mondays Crowd

by Diana_Rae about The Palamino

This is generally a country music club, but on Monday nights, HOT 103 is out, blastin' the latest and greatest hits. They also host the Sexiest Erotic Dancer contest; winners drink free for the night. This places gets PACKED, so get there early to avoid the line. There are 2 bars, and the one by the dance floor charges 25 cents more per drink than the one by the door. Great for the 18+ crowd, but guys, watch out for Cougars (the old ladies that show up trying to score with much younger guys), because there's an abundance of them! Jeans and tees for both the ladies and guys. This place is pretty casual.

Comments