9 Avenue Du Carrefour

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Canuck5's Profile Photo

A nice place in the heart of Acadie

The hotel, which opened in August, 2003, is among the newest properties built in the Town of Caraquet, which is known as "le Capital de l'Acadie" (the Capital of Acadia). The town was also recognized as the "Cultural Capital of Canada" by Heritage Canada in 2003.

The room was clean, modern, and comfortable. It was equipped with a microwave, bar fridge, cable TV, ironing board and iron, coffee maker, hairdryer, shampoo and soap. The temperature in the room was easily adjustable.

I had a ground-floor room, so loading and unloading of my luggage was just steps away to my vehicle. There was a small patio outside my door, and the upper floor rooms have balconies.

I had no problem with the check-in, and the staff was polite and courteous.

Keep in mind that this is a french-speaking community, so if you know a bit of french, it will help. However, I'm sure you'll make out fine with the front desk staff, even if you don't speak any french.

My room, including taxes, came to $103.50 for one person per night, however this was a government rate so you might expect to pay a little more.

Unique Quality: Although I didn't get a chance to use it, they have an indoor pool and water park, complete with a three-storey, 80 foot spiraling water slide, as well as a whirlpool.

They also have a 50-person conference room, guest laundry, and your choice for a non-smoking room. They also offer a complimentary continental breakfast, and 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea. They also advertise that small pets are welcomed.

Local telephone calls are free, a fax machine is available, and the rooms are spacious enough to be wheelchair-accessible with no barriers.

There's also a nice little family restaurant a short distance east of the hotel, on St. Pierre Blvd. East, called Le Caraquette. It's worth checking out.

If I'm going to be picky, I was a bit surprised to see a long crack in a wall in the room my co-worker was staying in, and paint peeling along the ceiling in the bathroom of my room. Surprising..., since the place is less than two years old.

Overall however, I was pleased with my stay, would stay there again, and would recommend it to others.

Directions: Going N. on rue du Portage, turn right (east) on St. Pierre Blvd. E. (this is a T-intersection...you have to turn), and watch for the Super8 Motel a short distance away by the water, on your left.

Comments