Best Western Manoir Adelaide

Canuck5's Profile Photo

The only Best Western along the north shore of N.B

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 26, 2005

I had a very nice stay here in May, 2005, on my first visit ever to Dalhousie.

After a very long day of business and travel, I arrived at midnight and was greeted by name by a friendly, bilingual, and helpful front desk employee. There were no problems at check-in.

The room was finished and decorated nicely, and there were no outside noises.

One room, for one person, for one weekday night, came to CAD$73.60. TIP: I would not have gotten this rate ($64. + tax) had I relied only on the rates shown on the Internet. This was a "Manager's Special", which I only found out about because I called Best Western's international reservation line.

Unique Quality: The room was spacious, clean, and modern. It was equipped with 2 Queen size beds, cable TV, coffeemaker, hair dryer, overhead heat lamp in the bathroom, iron and ironing board, and the amenities included shampoo, soap, sewing kit, and shower cap.

The hotel has fax and photocopy services, Internet access, a laundromat, a gym, and your choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms.

It also has a nice restaurant and bar area. I had a nice breakfast for CAD$6.89. The dinner menu is posted in the lobby, and I noticed that the prices ranged from $13.for porkchops, to $24. for filet mignon. They also have a kids menu.

Directions: The Town of Dalhousie isn't very big. Adelaide St. runs parallel to the waterfront, two blocks up from it, in the downtown area.

Nearby Best Western Manoir Adelaide

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Dalhousie Travel Forum

Need advice about Dalhousie, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Dalhousie and ask our Answer Gurus.

Dalhousie Travel Guide