Deer Island Hotels

• Bwana_Brown profile photo Bwana_Brown
  • Reviews: 3530

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

45th Parallel Motel, Suites & Restaurant: A Pleasant little Motel

There did not seem to be a great abundance of motels on Deer Island, so I had phoned up the 45th Parallel (we are half way between the Equator and the North Pole here!) several weeks before to make a reservation. We were later forced to cancel it as we had to post-pone our trip for one week, but there was still no problem in getting a room - even though it was the New Brunswick Day long-weekend.

I liked the place as soon as I saw it. The 45th Parallel is located in the small village of Fairhaven on the west coast of the island and the interior of the restaurant/office had a warm decor with friendly staff.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and soon settled in. We had not done much homework at all and were a bit shocked to find that there were no liquor outlets on the island (things can be a bit conservative down this way!). However, we survived, downing a few beers with our evening meal on their outside deck and later listened to some other guests, from Newfoundland & Labrador, playing away on their instruments as they had a 'kitchen party' in (and out of) their room. They were even considerate enough to drop the noise level way down once it reached 10 PM! Because of the sorry state of the fisheries in N&L, there are many from that musical province now working in the fishery industry of southern New Brunswick.

We paid C$74 (US$65) including taxes for our room.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Cycling, Road Trip
  • Written August 13, 2006
Tip Photo

We had Lucky No. 7 in the Motel

• marcoparco profile photo marcoparco
  • Reviews: 177

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deer Island Point Park and Campground: Camping

I did not stay at this campground, however I went for a visit and picnic. This campground houses a great wilderness feeling and seemed to have great services (shower, bathrooms etc...) I am already in the works to plan a trip back to camp!!!

Amazing view of the bay!!!!
Unknown campground
Old Sow Whirlpool

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 9, 2004
Tip Photo

A view from the campground

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful