Amsterdam Inn Moncton

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Moncton

Lily Chinese CuisineLily Chinese Cuisine

Capitol Theatre, Moncton, NBCapitol Theatre, Moncton, NB

Beer and Cigarettes is all you need in MonctonBeer and Cigarettes is all you need in Moncton

Watching the 'tidal bore'Watching the 'tidal bore'

Travel Tips for Moncton

around Moncton there r alot of...

by orke

around Moncton there r alot of coverd bridges
u can take a map at the tourist ceneter and drive in a trail that goes to alot of them
Orke

***this coverd bridge is in hartland and its longer than other bridges but thats the idea...

Don't forget to visit...

by ShanMonster

Don't forget to visit Centennial Park or even tiny Victoria Park. Centennial Park has miles and miles of walking trails and demanding mountain bike trails. Victoria Park is, ahem, a notorious gay pickup joint late at night. In the daytime, there are often concerts or craft fairs.

Moncton - My working vacation

by Eileenheath

"A Texan in New Brunswick: Side by Side comparisons"

In Sept I was sent to Moncton, NB, Canada by ExxonMobil based in Dallas Texas to - for all intents and purposes - train my replacements. Such is outsourcing in the tech support world. Thankfully accents were taken into account and the Canadian heldesk was a joy to work with. I stayed 3 weeks overlapping to October and I had to come back. After much whining, they did indeed send me again during Jan -Feb. I think it was really because I had once lived in Fairbanks Alaska and therefore could handle the weather better than most. Moncton had 3 blizzards the week before I arrived so here was no lack of snow. Cold - but it was no Fairbanks. The Fall prior I had spent was simply gorgeous. There are a lot of trees in the town and very little urban decay.
I'm writing this from what I feel is my final business related trip here and I'm making plans to come back in the summer and bringing someone special with me.
Most of what I'm going to write in here will be in comparison to Texas.

Moncton - 3rd floor walkup on Archibald St. 1977

by stevesolo

"How did I get here?"

I joined DAVID JAMES BAND and we went on a tour of the Maritimes ended staying in NB 4 or 5 years. I took an apartement well 2 rooms on the 3rd floor lot's of fun dragging the gear up the stairs. When the band buisness was slow I drove a school bus for Moncton Transit and met other musicos who also drove a bus. Sometimes after a heavy snowfall, I would clean the switches in the train yards at CNR that paid good too. One weekend when I wasn't working my girfiend left me our 8 month old daughter and went out, well the kid swallowed a piece of apple and started to choke I had to turn her upside down and tapped her back to dislodge the piece of apple.

Simonneeddy's new Moncton Page

by Simonneeddy

"The Beach at last"

Moncton was the first canadian City to be declared bilingual.---- On October the 12th, 2002 Queen Elizabeth the 2nd inaugerated the new airport reception and dispatch center at Dieppe where the Moncton airport is loacated.. ------ June 12th, 2001 We arrived in the outskirts of Moncton but did not have to enter the City as we took the highway direct to Shediac . In June 2000 we came via a different through Edmunston and Fredricton passing near Moncton after driving 1063 KM from Joliette Que. We rented a cottage for 18 days at " The VACATION VILLAGE near PARLEE BEACH in Shediac (the same place as last year and the same cottage all described below last year). ($65.00 CND. per day fully equipped , two bedrooms,VERY CLEAN AND MODERN AND EXCELLENT SERVICE. I would recommend to all. We were 3 people Simonne my wife and sister Claudette. I took many pictures which are on my SHEDIAC PAGE. We also went to Charlottetown and Halifax as side trips from here and there are pictures on those pages and info. We returned home on June 28th and 29th via Miramichi, Bathhurst and Cambelton and Rimouski Que.( where we slept over night at the Rimouski Hotel ( excellent) ------------------------June 16th 2000-- arrived at Caraquet in the Acadia area of New Brunswick at 5pm. We had lunch at noon in D'Alhousie on a picnic table beside a light house and overlooking a beautiful beach at Pointe La Nim on the Bay De Chaleurs. There were sail boats and fishing boats on the water. Great place.Continued on route 134 (scenic route) and then route 11 to Bathhurst passing near there to arrive at the L,Acadie village ( a Park with houses and people dressed in period clothing and performing the work of the early days ) We also visited the wax museum at which all is explained on ear phones via a Walkman and by wax figures dressed in period clothing and in a setting with furniture etc. of the early times. They explain what happened to the French people when the British captured what is now the Maritime Provinces from the French Goverment. Many were expulsed to Louisiana Maine and Vermont and other locations, Some were imprisoned. The whole History is explained in detail. 8 years of research and private investment of close to one million dollars enabled the realization of this magnificent Wax Museum. 86 figures of the time recreated in a genuine fashion, in a most spectacular decor.-------------------------------------
SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS

From there we drove into Caraquetand rented a motel room at The Auberge De La Baie. In the evening we walked the main street, seeing the harbor installations etc.We could not get to the water's edge so did not enjoy our stay. -------------------------------------------

Jun17th-drove to Shediac, Parlee Beach. Rented a cottage for 3 days. Weather was real summery. We went to the beach several times and swam in the ocean(cold). We sunned on the beach. You can go on foot from cottages( 15 min. walk) (Vacation Village phone 506 532-5755 or P.O. Box5002 Shediac,N.B. E4P 8T8. One of the most popular resort areas along the eastern seaboard. 22 units( cottages 2 bedrooms fully furnished with all you need. $69.00 per day in June.There is a big open green area which is a park across from the cottages.To go to beach you can take your car via the park entrance ($5.00) to park near beach,restaurant, showers rest rooms etc. You can leave the park and return. Your ticket is good for the whole day.There is also a Marina.-----------------------------------------------------

We ate Lobster and fish meals as that is the food of the area there are many restaurants near cottages. Huge trailer and RV parks also. Many people leave them there all year round.----------------------------------------------

On Sunday (June 18th) afternoon we drove to Cape Peely and took The Confederation Bridge ($35.00 return) to Prince Edward Island. We drove straight to Charlettown water front.There was a fund raising fair on in the park. They had tents set up and you could buy a BBQ'd meal for $5.00. I had a Prince Edward Island potatoe (They are the main produce of the island)BAKED with BBQ'D pork spare ribs. They also had a stage set up with folklore music etc.This is a place I would like to spend a few days in."SEE CHARLOTTETOWN PAGE FOR MORE"
(Returned here in June 2001)----------