41 Maple Valley Rd, Corner Brook, NF A2H6T2
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Corner Brook

the stream's water is made brownish by tanninthe stream's water is made brownish by tannin

man made lakeman made lake

waterfallwaterfall

typical viewtypical view

Travel Tips for Corner Brook

Corner Brook View

by Bwana_Brown

We did not spend much time in Corner Brook but did notice that it has a very picturesque setting in the Humber River with high hills surrounding it. After doing a bit of shopping in town and getting some films developed, we drove up to this very scenic spot in the hills overlooking the city. Corner Brook is the largest settlement on the west coast of Newfoundland, with a large pulp&paper mill as it's economic mainstay. All of the people we met in Newfoundland were extremely friendly - we were even chastised for locking our car!

This is just a short note on...

by 911axe

This is just a short note on the caves of Corner Brook. There are some small ones located in a couple different places on the outskirts of Corner Brook. This may be interesting to you sperlunkers out there. I will add more info and pics, along with GPS position on the cave, as soon as I go back to them. They are deep enough for at least a 10 or 15 minute walk down into the earth. The last time(2001) I was into them though, the end was jammed up with logs, so I couldn't continue on to the end.

911axe's Corner Brook Page

by 911axe

Hello, I'm from Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada. Newfoundland is Canada's most easterly point. Newfoundland also has it's own time zone, and boasts some of the worlds most unique geological and historical features. Did you know that St. Johns, the capital of Newfoundland, is North Americas oldest city.

Bwana_Brown's Newfoundland Page

by Bwana_Brown

In the summer of 2001 my wife and I decided to take an 8-day road trip to Newfoundland from our home in Fredericton, New Brunswick - 3500 km total as it turned out. The ferry ride across to Port aux Basques from North Sydney, NS was very enjoyable. A sunny day, with the odd whale sighting alongside and a great Newfie band in the lounge. We had pre-booked our accommodations at B&Bs and had great experiences at all stops. The highway system is absolutely great and we quickly made it to Gros Morne National Park. The boat tour of the inland fjord at Western Brook Pond (2300 foot sheer walls) was fantastic. The whole Rocky Harbour area is very nice (take a look at my Deer Lake page for more details). We then headed further north to see ancient settlements at Port au Choix before continuing to St. Anthony's at the northern tip. The only Viking settlement in North America, at L'anse aux Meadows, is very well done and nearby we also had a fantastic whale-watching expedition - humpbacks in the water with engines off and a great lightning storm on the mainland at the same time! My St. Anthony page describes our adventures in that part of the province! The people of Newfoundland were very friendly everywhere we went, the sun was shining and the scenery was breathtaking. The cost is so reasonable that it is criminal. Photo of "Tablelands", a World Heritage Site due to a 260 million year-old chunk of Earth's crust thrust to surface. Its distinctive brownish appearance is due to its chemical composition which is poisonous to all plant and animal life.

PdRDuz's new Corner Brook Page

by PdRDuz

My wife and I were in Corner Brook July, 1999. We had been in NF for about a month, and were on our way back to Port Aux Basque to catch the ferry. Heard about a great exhibit of local art at Grenfels University in Corner Brook, went to see it, only to find that the exhibit had not opened on schedule. The curator was great, let us view the entire exhibit privately, prior to the official opening.

This was typical of the reception we had all over the island. The Newfies are absolutely wonderful, the most friendly of all. We will go back, even though it is a long trip.

Comments