L'Anse aux Meadows Hotels

Our Members Say

Fishing Point Bed and Breakfast: Fishing Point

I didn't sleep at the Fishing Point Bed and Breakfast but I met the owner Donna who gave me a tour around the place.

It is a traditional Newfoundland home right on the water in St. Anthony. When you first go in there is a living room and kitchen area for people to hang out and eat. Downstairs are four or five nice bedrooms.

The place has lots of character and would be a great place to relax. It is out at Fishing Point so there is lots more to see and do out there.

I would of stayed there but my friends were all booked at the Haven Inn and there wasn't enough room for us all to move into the Bed and Breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

Fishing Point Bed and Breakfast

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Snuggle Inn: The Snuggle Inn

I didn't sleep in the Snuggle Inn but I hung out there a lot during a friend's wedding to get dressed, ate some food there and stuff.

It's a place I would stay in St. Anthony. It is like having your own apartment, they were new, very clean, spacious and high speed Internet.

There is a full kitchen so you can cook your own meals. There is an option of one or two bedroom apartments.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

The Snuggle Inn

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Haven Inn: Haven Inn

I stayed at the Haven Inn in August 2007 attending a freinds wedding. The hotel is nice and clean it was comfortable there. Luckily they had air conditioning because it was hot at the time in August.

Personally I thought the staff were very good at this place. On the front desk a lady brought water to my room to help with dehydration, lol and in the dining room I ordered a special sandwich to help with the dehydration and they helped me out.

I ordered the breakfast sandwich they make with a big peice of balogna instead of bacon. It tasted great!

Free high speed wireless internet.

• Opinion of Price: about average

Haven Inn

• Bwana_Brown profile photo Bwana_Brown
  • Reviews: 3530

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Viking Nest: Very Close to the Action!

While in St. Anthony's, we stayed at the Viking Nest B&B located on the coastline with a great view out over the harbour. This establishment is located only a half-mile from the Viking historical settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows, so it was interesting to sit there gazing at the same scene that the Vikings would have observed 1000 years before.

A very modern building with well-done rooms. There is a large common area with a TV and an adjoining area for breakfast. As with almost every B&B that we have enjoyed, the breakfast was great and so was talking to the other guests to hear where they were from and what their experiences had been!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average