Leaside Manor Heritage Inn

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

The Leaside Manor

On this particular trip to St. John's this was the third Bed and Breakfast we stayed trying out some new places in St. John's. The Leaside Manor is located downtown but not in the thick of the bar district of downtown.

We stayed in the Parker Suite. The bed was amazing and basically a very romantic room with a historic decor. The suite had a fireplace, double jacuzzi, a seperate bathroom with shower and table for getting ready to go. There was a small rocking horse Jonah thought was cool, a stereo and free highspeed wireless internet. The Parker Suite was great.

We were checked in early so around mid afternoon the manager gave us a quick tour of the other rooms and suites that were no occupied. You can see lots of pictures of these on their web site but I remember some specifically. The Argentia Suite was very butch / mascaline and business men seem to like this room according to the manager. It was modern and had nice sloped ceilings.

The Bakeapple Suite was newly renovated and I thought was really swanky with cool furniture and bright colors.

The Bonavista Suite was newly renovated as well and really sexy looking with black and red decor. A seperate private entrance with balcony. There was a small efficiency area that was neatly hid away. This suite had cool furntiure and stuff as well.

The Trinity Suite was right next to the Bonavista and similar format just a different decor that was very nice as well. The surround sound was hooked up around the room which looked like it would of been great for watching a DVD.

I also saw the Port Royal which was more of an older decor and romantic room.

The Jelly Bean was a standard room with a very high bed which looked neat and the shower was actually in a closet. That was cute.

Directions: Downtown

More about Leaside Manor Heritage Inn

A great place!

by TripAdvisor Member s_punch

We spent two weeks exploring Newfoundland and St. John's was our last stop. We stayed at Leaside for three nights and could not have been happier. The room was amazing with lots of room, a little kitchenette and the very romantic hot tub. The breakfasts were fantastic. We ate in the dining room with other guests and some of the staff and we had great conversation while we ate amazing meals...eggs benedict one morning and a tradition Newfoundland breakfast another morning. The last day we were there, Tropical Storm Chantal hit and Elaine, the owner, was kind enough to help us figure out how we were going to get to the ferry the next morning as the road was washed out. She actually called us in the room from her car when she heard on the radio the the ferry from Argentia had been cancelled. They were very helpful and friendly, and I can't say enough positive things about Leaside. If and when we go back to St. John's we'll definately stay at Leaside, and I reccomend that everyone else stays there as well. Amazing!!

Our Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member m0nk3ynutZ

We just got back form a 10-day visit to lovely St. John's, Newfoundland and it was awesome. On our last visit, 8 years ago, we stayed at the Leaside Manor and there was no hesitation booking there again. Elaine and her staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The place is very kid friendly with a large yard for the kids to run around and explore. Breakfast was always first rate - no continental breakfast here - as we were pampered with homemade jams, toutons (local delicacy), muffins, eggs benedict, etc. Travel advice and sightseeing ideas were offered to us each morning without asking. Leaside also offers a large number of ourdoor sitting areas where visitors can lounge around outside with a drink after the kids have been put to bed. We will definitely be returning to Leaside on any future trips to 'The Rock' and we highly recommend anyone visiting this lovely port town to do the same.

Loved Leaside

by TripAdvisor Member TorontoSarah

We started our 2 week Newfoundland vacation at Leaside Manor and it was wonderful: beautiful accommodations, friendly and helpful staff, nicely located. It was the best 3 days of our whole trip and we'll certainly be back.

Wonder Stay - as always!

by TripAdvisor Member A_Toronto_Traveler

This has been my second stay at the Leaside and once again I have been so impressed by everything. From the beautiful building and spacious, relaxing guest suites, to the wonderful breakfasts and friendly, helpful staff. One always feels more than welcome! In addition to my stays at the Leaside, I have had the pleasure of doing buisness with Elaine and her staff for a number of years as my office has booked reception space and guest rooms for a variety of events in St. John's. We will continue to return to the Leaside Manor as I can't imagine coming to St. John's without staying at this beautiful historic house.

The best in town !!!

by TripAdvisor Member NewfieGirl07

By far the best place to stay in St john's. Leaside Manor is super clean, quite, beautiful and the staff are wonderful. The pictures on their website are amazing, but the Manor is even better in person. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Stunning Rooms!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelLover001

I always call ahead to book my stay at the Leaside, because the last time I didn't it was booked out and I was so disapointed with my 250 dollar stay at a fancy hotel!! The leaside will spoil you beyond belief! A must see!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member TAdvisor_007

I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Leaside Manor - and I was more than pleased with the price, the room, the staff - everything.

We were in town for meetings and a conference, and I felt like I was in a home away from home every day. Elanie and her staff do all they can to make your stay comfortable - and lets just say, have the Eggs Benedict of they're on the breakfast menu.

I'll stay with them again when I go back to St. John's.

Excellent Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Amy_1977

I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Leaside Manor.
I stayed in the Parker Suite and I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone. It was very warm, comfortable, quiet and relaxing.
It was like home away from home!
Elaine and her excellent staff really made me feel welcome.
Before staying here I had never stayed in a B&B or Inn, but i can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort and privacy I experienced.
The breakfast in the morning was outstanding - just what I needed to get my day going!
I will be staying again - can't wait!

Gorgeous accommodations with some service glitches

by TripAdvisor Member bakery

We loved our stay here in many ways -- our accommodations were comfortable and attractive, and the inn is very centrally located. A few minutes' drive takes you right into downtown St. John's. Staff were very friendly and gave us great recommendations on what to do in the area.

A few glitches that prevented me from giving it a better review: our second bed wasn't made up when we got in. I finally found the sheets still sitting in the washer. When I called the front desk, rather than offering dry sheets, they suggested I put them in the drier.

Although breakfasts were delicious, service was a bit slow. The last morning in particular, the last two members of our party received their breakfast a half hour after the others! When there are only a dozen diners and they're all at the same table, this should never happen.

Comments