115 Cavendish Square, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 5W8, Canada

Booking.com Hotels.com Sheraton.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

The Fairmont Newfoundland

The Fairmont is no doubt one of the nicer and most expensive hotel in St. John's. There are more great views from the suites on the higher floors.

The food is expensive here as well but a great place to stay on business. The buffet at the Bonavista and the Cabot Club food is definitely top notch.

It's a great hotel and an easy walk to the downtown area. On the 6th floor you get special treatment with a private lounge.

Unique Quality: For me I had to stay there for several days on business. The 6th floor is outfitted for business executives. I was very impressed. You get extra service there for sure. There is a lounge where you get breakfast in the mornings included in your room rate. They have appetizers there between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.

You also get free high speed interest and the Amherst boardroom is available to be booked in two hour increments. Luckily during my last visit it wasn't being used much and we made full use of the facilities.

During my last stay there they brought tea and a light breakfast to the room for my wake up call and then the next morning when I slept in they brought security up to wake me up, that was a funny story too, lol.

Directions: Downtown

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

On the Hill

A modern hotel, in a great location on the hill.... Very close to Signal Hill. Just a little too far to stumble from George Street after a night out.

More about The Fairmont Newfoundland

The Cabot Club

by jamiesno about The Cabot Club

The Cabot Club, The Fairmont Newfoundland's fine dining room, features upscale local cuisine and fresh seafood.

The Cabot Club is a CAA/AAA 4-Diamond Award winner and has been voted one of Canada's 100 best restaurants. ~ Caribou and Scallops served with a partridgeberry and molasses demi glaze

~ I really enjoyed the sorbet and Newfoundland wildberry tort. That was one of the best deserts I ever had. Very tasty.

Heritage Walking Tour

by dovalyn

I picked up some brochures at the airport and one of them was this local tour about stories and songs of old St. John's and sounded very interesting.
We called and made a reservation and met the gals doing the tour the next day. Our guides, Carmen Rowse and Sheilah Roberts were very charming and versed in the lore of St. John's. We all gathered at the Fairmont Newfoundland Hotel on a beautiful stunning sunny day. We stopped at many historical sights along the way and just about every other site, the women would sing. We strolled through parks, Cathedrals and churches. We heard them sing of pirates and lost loves. It was a moderate stroll throught the city of St. John's, up and down hills and just right for walking. Bring a warm jacket or sweater and possibly an umbrella for the occassional rain showers. As the tour goes along, depending on the weather, you may be peeling it off your sweater by the end. The tour lasted about 1 and 1/2 hours and the cost of this tour...$10.00CAD!! This is a great way to see the city and listen and enjoy the music of St. John's.

The Bona Vista
THE FAIRMONT...

by hsm

The Bona Vista
THE FAIRMONT NEWFOUNDLAND Mediterranean theme restaurant with an open kitchen concept, offering a variety of Newfoundland and Mediterranean cuisine.

FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by ant0328

Hey my girlfriend and I are first time travelers to St. John, where we will be staying in mid-July.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a car rental on the island that would rent to people under 25 (we are 23). I know I can get one on St. Thomas from Budget and bring it over, but I really don't want to do that. Also, would it just be cheaper to take Taxi's and such? I am a little worried about the Taxi's with rates, etc.

In addition, has anyone heard anything about Cruz Views condos? We are going to stay there I think, because it is the only place for $125 a night that has ac and a kitchen.

Would there be any way to save money on food instead of just eating out every night?

RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by Scaldisnoel

You'll need to go to the St. John Virgin Islands area of this site. This part of the site is for St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by newfiesweets

Rent-A-Wreck on Topsial Rd. You have to be 21 years old. Their rates are fairly reasonable!

RE: RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

Topsail Rd*

RE: RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by newfiesweets

And yes, you can save money on food. If you have a kitchen in your condo, just go to the grocery store, theres many around.

but um, there's also efficiency suites called "Hillview Terrace" on Torbay Road. I got four nights there when my boyfriend came for like 270 dollars or something. I think the most expensive is 99 dollars a night. They are basically apartments, they have a layout, like kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom, and well, they're not condo living, but they're nice. Torbay Rd is in the centre basically, and you're around everything. If you need help with anything else, let me know.:-)

Comments