Four Points By Sheraton Halifax

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Convenient To Downtown Sites

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton downtown. The rooms were nice and inviting. While there are more centrally located properties if you are a Starwood Hotels member you can stay at this property, at times for only 3,000 points and $ 30 a night. A deal for a town with pretty expensive hotels.

If you prefer staying out of town check out the newly opened Comfort Hotel at Bayers Lake. Incredible rooms and great service at a modest price. Breakfast is thrown in for free.

Unique Quality: Four Points Starwood was convenient and on the club floor the breakfast was o.k.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Great Location

This hotel is in a wonderful location in Halifax , with the historic waterfront area only one block away. It is walking distance to some of Halifax's best restaurants
    McKelvies
    Bish
    Hamatchi Steakhouse
    D’Amaurizio
    Salty’s

Friendlystaff and nice comfortable beds.

Unique Quality: indoor pool and fitness center

Often good specials available. like $134.00 for double room

Halifax International Airport (YHZ): Approximate driving time is 40 minutes and distance is 35 km (22 miles).

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Four Points

Well I didn't stay here so I can't say much about the hotel but in November 2007 I did attend some meetings there for work related to Aboriginal employment strategies so I can say a bit about the hotel.

It's connected to some great shopping and it's in a good central location in down town Halifax and just a hop to the harbour front. I would stay here in the future if I had to no problem.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

In the shadow of the Aliant Building

The Four Points Sheraton is nicely located at downtown Halifax. Most attractions are within a 10 minutes walk and Spring Garden Road starts at the backside.

Breakfast is outside the hotel at the Club Niche and can be reached through the indoor Mall entrance on the 2nd floor backdoor.

There's a small refridgerator in the room; also there's an ice machine and a vending machine at each floor.

Half of the rooms look to an inner court with mock-up historical buildings overshadowed by the Aliant office building.

There is a hotel directory in the room added (you need that for the AC control),; also an electronic version is available at the default TV-channel, which some 50 more channels pre-programmed.

Rooms are spacious.

Unique Quality: Smoke free hotel
    Free fast Internet (terminals in the lobby and both WiFi and cable in the rooms)
    Big indoor parking

Directions: From the Airport take the shuttle bus (Airporter).

By car: I just follow the 102 highway till exit 0, followed by Bayers Rd, Connaught Av, Quinpool Rd, Bell rd, Sackville St and a right onto Hollis St.

• Cashee's Profile Photo

A Nice Place

I liked this place. I was in a wheel chair access room so it was very spacious (I'm not sure how spacious the average room is but it can't be too far off from the one I was in). The king sized bed was nice.

Unique Quality: There is a neat court yard that has trompe l'oeil murals.

Directions: Downtown

• BillyInHfx's Profile Photo

The Halfiax Sheraton

Unique Quality: It is on the water and very close to everywhere you will end up going on foot. The picture is a bit out of date - the casino has moved!

More about Four Points By Sheraton Halifax

It was just "o.k"

I recently stayed at the Four Points Hotel. Although the decor is quite nice as it's a newer hotel service wasn't the greatest. Check in was fine, but nothing extrodinary by any means. The meal we ordered for room service was not worth the money spent and the person who delivered it wasn't the greatest either. He barged into the room without asking where we wanted the tray etc... and wasn't very friendly while in the room.
The room itself was decorated nicely, the bed was comfortable but it wasn't the cleanest. It also had some type of staining in the ceiling and up the walls near a vent.
All and all it was just "o.k".

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AEKATHENS

I was very impressed by the hotel! Very clean and modern. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom spacious and the mirror remains "fog free" after your shower - a nice added touch, as was the double shower head. I would definitely stay there again!

Poor service, unreasonable behaviour

This hotel caused a lot of grief to my family when we stayed with them. Having had the room booked and paid for by charge card by my sister, and she being assured all was in order by Checkinns Nova Scotia, I was quite upset to discover on checking out, that they had removed my sisters charge card information, that she had booked the room with and insited on using mine. The issue was eventually resolved, but it was not a pleasant way to end a "gift" of a holiday. Also, be aware that every time you use the phone you will be charged, even if, no one answers the phone at the other end... The longer you let it ring, the more it will cost you. I would never ever stay in this hotel again and would advise anyone to book at the Radisson which is all Hotel Suites...large, comfortable and cheaper.. Too bad it was fully booked.

Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member Myshkin

We arrived in Halifax after a two week tour of Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. This was our last night and we booked into the Sheraton because of its location in the centre of Halifax. Our travelling companions had stayed here on a previous visit. The only rooms available were on the sixth floor, the concierge level. The rates were reasonable so we took them and were glad we did. Our room was large and the bed was huge and very comfortable, probably the most comfortable one in the whole two weeks. The shower was great and the bathroom very nice. We also had complimentary breakfast in the sixth floor lounge,which also had a computer where we accessed internet, instead of going down to the lobby. At the time of our stay there was some construction work going on very near the hotel and there were warning signs in the lifts but being the weekend we were not bothered by this. The staff were polite and helpful to us during our brief stay. There was also a TV screen with flight information from the airport in the foyer, which was useful to us I would say this hotel is perfect for visiting Halifax as you can walk to most places. We did however get briefly stuck in the underground car park when the barrier refused to open and quite a queue developed before we were let out.

The ups and downs of the Four Points

by TripAdvisor Member Lee-Anne

This hotel was dissapointing on many accounts.
It is fairly new, which was nice, it was very clean, but it or the people have none of the colour and personality that we have experienced at other Halifax locations.
I requested and paid more for a corner suite which I was assured would have a view of the harbour. I mentioned that this was one of my main criteria as we only would have two nights in Halifax and we were very interested in the harbour and it's happenings. What they failed to mention was the height of the building being constructed across the street which totally obstructed this view. I was aware of the construction from this site, but the hotel desk were not honest about it.
The room had black plastic ( pleather?) couches, the bed was very old and uncomfortable and the cot we requested ended up being a dirty blow up floor mattress which had a slow leak. All this for $211 per night!
Gotta say something good here so I will say that the shower was amazing and repeat that the room was impeccably clean. Also the location is central, near the business district, restaurants and close to the boardwalk. That's about it!
Try the Westin Nova Scotian.

Comments