White Point Beach

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about White Point Beach

South Shore Accomodation Par Excellence

by CdnJane about White Point Beach Resort

I was here as part of a group of about 200 of my coworkers from across Canada. This was my first visit to Nova Scotia, and if this is typical of their hospitality, then I am really impressed!
Accomodation was mixed of cabins, and more hotel type rooms. I understand that there is also a development of timesharing accomodation on the property as well. I stayed in a cabin near the beach, and it was wonderful to sit out and just hear the waves on the shore, and the cry of the birds.
They have a swimming pool, and spa facilities, tennis courts, and down by the lagoon... paddle boats, and surf boards.. I didn't check out all they rented. I just felt that I was away from all the horrible rush and madness of the city and the rest of the world. The cabins were not really plush or fancy, but I don't think that was what you would go to White Point for. If you want extreme luxury... stay in Halifax at a hotel. I'd be glad to take a family here.

Nova Scotia - Canada's Atlantic Playground

by CdnJane

"From the Foot of Nova Scotia - Cape Forchu"

This was on the side of the Lighthouse at Cape Forchu, by Yarmouth!

Had to take the picture, while Babygrand (Betty) was concerned that I was going to take a tumble backwards!
My visit of June 2007 showed me a lot more of the province, and also made me aware of how much more there was to see, and how much beauty there is in that province.

"The Ocean is Worth Waiting For"

May 2002 saw me, with about 200+ of my coworkers, from BTI Canada's offices across Canada, meeting for a weekend of mostly fun, good food, ocean clean air, and "fellowship", at White Point Beach Resort, on Nova Scotia's Sunshine Coast. It sounded so wonderful, but I have to admit, that it took a while driving from Halifax airport before I believed that we were ever going to see the ocean. Lakes yes... saw them... Rocks and Trees... saw them too... but the uh Ocean... where was it???? For most of the drive south I felt that we might as well have stayed home and driven around Northern Ontario because it was the same scenery. It was explained to me that yes, there was a more scenic route, but when there were several more bus loads of us coming in, that we had to take the fastest road down. However... once we got to the resort I knew it was all worthwhile. It was gorgeous, and fortunately, also a sunny, relatively warm weekend.

"White Point Beach Resort"

This shot makes it look like all they just have a rocky shoreline... but that is far from the truth... it is only that this picture shows the main lodge and some of the cabins. They have a great beach... and also have a smaller lagoon behind this.
The Resort bent over backwards to give us a great time. We had wonderful food at all meals, and the staff were terrific and very friendly.

White Point Ocean Resort - Nova Scotia

by CdnJane

"Enjoying the Sea... once we found it"

"Rabbits! Rabbits! Rabbits!"

One of the things that surprised us when we were checking in, was that we were each given a bag of bunny food. Of course, first thought was that this was a cute name for some kind of snacks... but NO! it was pelleted rabbit food. But why? It wasn't too long until we found out why... all over the resort were rabbits, very tame ones who were used to being fed.
Not only did the rabbits like being fed, but they did enjoy posing for pictures too!

"Fun and Games"

When we weren't feeding the rabbits, ourselves or having some libations... we were there for some teambuilding, get to know each other... and it was the Beach Olympics. These were serious sports... like Beach Twister!

"Feasted & Feted"

We were given some other choices in the afternoon of activities to enjoy... horseback riding was one of them. My friend Debbie was very keen that i should join her riding... and thinking that yes... we would go along the shoreline, enjoying horseback & the ocean, I agreed. Well... once again it was back into the bush where we were swatting at mosquitos and seeing rocks & trees and uh well... the backends of the other horses. I was on Scotty, who could've used being beamed up... he was big and ornery.

"Riding... galloping across the beach.... NOT!"

Our stay just wasn't long enough. Sat night we were well fed and entertained. We started our evening with a cocktail party on the shoreline.. entertained by pipers and then by step dancers. We moved into a huge tent for a Roast Beef & Lobster feed... but before our dinner began, we were once again entertained by a local piper & a young girl who did a sword dance. Our dinner was wonderful... and it was then followed by a dance with a local group who kept the group going for hours.

"Sunrise along the Beach"

I guess I didn't drink as much as some... because I was up at sunrise the morning after the party

"Just because... some Rocks on the Beach"

Just liked this pic! Tide was out and these looked neat

"I'm a Sucker for an Ocean and sunrise"

Or uh, is this sunset? Hmmmmm I dunno, almost 4 yrs later can't remember. Just know that it's a shot I kinda like.

Some birdSome bird

Me at Peggy's coveMe at Peggy's cove

Tall ship in the Canadian AtlanticTall ship in the Canadian Atlantic

RIP Ernest Edward Samuel FreemanRIP Ernest Edward Samuel Freeman

Shuttle prices and destinations

by angelinafina

Can anyone tell me what the best shuttle service would be from Halifax International Airport to Kingsburg, NS? And what would the price be for two traveling together? Thank you.

Re: Shuttle prices and destinations

by pieter_jan_v

I only know of the "local" shuttle to Darthmouth and Halifax, but the might offer the service you are looking for. Be aware you are looking for a 3 hour ride!

See: http://www.airporter.biz/charters.html

Perhaps renting a car is much cheaper (if that's an option for you).

PJ

Re: Shuttle prices and destinations

by GrumpyDiver

I'm with Pieter on this one. The only shuttle that I am aware of running between the Halifax airport and anywhere is the one that heads to the downtown Halifax hotels.

I've taken it once on my many trips to that city. If you have no transportation, it seems to take forever. I think it must have taken at least 1-1/2 hours to get to my hotel (it's about a 45 minute drive). It's about $20Cdn each one way into the city.

Kingsburg, I believe is in a rural area near Lunenburg, so I would be surprised to see any shuttle service down that way.

Travel Tips for Halifax

Cabot Trail & Whale Watching!

by Bwana_Brown

A trip around the Cabot Trail encompassing the tip of Cape Breton Island is well worth it. We had been on the coast of Ireland only two months earlier and were amazed at the similarities in the vistas! This is one of Canada's National Parks, resulting in a very well maintained environment and road system. The highway winds along the coast with spectacular views out over the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Atlantic Ocean. At one point, we were able to see pilot whales cavorting along the shore on the Gulf side (the location of the whale watching boats was a bit of a tip off!). Photo of Pleasant Bay taken from the top of MacKenzie Mountain as we traversed the Trail from the Gulf side around to the Atlantic.

Take a tour of the historic...

by cjdewolf

Take a tour of the historic downtown area, soaking in the ambiance and some of the summer festivals that take place here. Other worthwhile places to spend your time are Spring Garden Road, with its caf├ęs and pubs, the Citadel (however over-touristed it may be), the Public Gardens; even taking a tour of the cemeteries or exploring the Victorian houses of the South End. I really loved sitting on a pub's patio and watching the world go by; taking a ferry over to Dartmouth for the beautiful views (I mean, hell, it's not like there's anything to do in Dartmouth!). All in all, I'll miss pretty much everything about this genteel city with a funky edge.

Comments