Liverpool Hotels

Our Members Say

• easterntrekker profile photo easterntrekker
  • Reviews: 2084

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lanes Privateer Inn: A comfortable place

This is a popular place to stay .Built in 1798, Lane’s Privateer Inn was once the home of one of Nova Scotia’s most famous privateers, Captain Joseph Barss, and has been a dining tradition in the town of Liverpool, Queens County, Nova Scotia since 1962.

We didn't stay here but we did eat in their dining room . It looks nice.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Women's Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 15, 2008

• CdnJane profile photo CdnJane
  • Reviews: 517

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

White Point Beach Resort: 2007 Experience, This Time Alone

If you look at my pages on Nova Scotia, you'll see my previous experiences at the resort. Well, that time the experience was being with coworkers from across Canada, and it was really a team-building exercise. Our trip to the resort was via the fastest route, not the most scenic. This time, it is all about the whole experience, and all on my own. Everything I loved about the resort before, I still love. The staff are great, the location is beautiful, the facilities are all you could ask for, and the food... oh my!!!! Good thing there are lots of walking trails!!!!
When I was here before, we were in cabins. This time, I've a lodge-room, with a little balcony, on the second floor. The bed is comfortable, the room is as nice as you want, and all the facilities are great.

One of the fun things about the property are the rabbits! I gather a couple of domesticated ones got loose a number of years ago, and mated with wild rabbits, and well rabbits doing what rabbits do... there are lots of bunnies all over the place, and all sorts of different colour combinations! The front desk provides little bags of bunny pellets to feed them.

I bought the 2 meal a day plan - for breakfast and dinner. It covers an appetiser, main course and dessert, plus tea/coffee. Anything flagged on the menu, or beyond that, you are charged extra for. Very excellent value.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 17, 2007
Tip Photo

Misty day looking out on the ocean

• Cashee profile photo Cashee
  • Reviews: 117
Quarterdeck Beachside Villas: Beachside Villas

I haven't stayed here but I've spent plenty of time on Summerville beach. I can tell you that this is an upscale place and you should make reservations well in advance.

Your own private villa.

Beside a really great restaurant.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written January 28, 2005

• Cashee profile photo Cashee
  • Reviews: 117

White Point Beach Resort: Beach Resort

The rate at this place depends on the type of accommodations you want. You can get a house, a cottage, a cabin, or a room.

This is a good place to stay.
You can get small rustic cottages on the beach (build in the 1920's) or a more modern room if that is your style.
They have a nice beach but the cool thing is that it is close to some other really nice beaches.
There is also a lake here so you can rent a sea kayak one day and a canoe another.
One thing that visitors seem to like is bunnies that hop around everywhere. You can buy food for them at the front desk and hand feed some of them. These furballs are everywhere (maybe even living under your cottage) and they even have to hire someone to go around filling in holes they like to dig.
This place has some campy activites to participate in if you like that. Remember roasting marshmallows as a kid? How about doing that at the beach while looking up at a peircingly clear blue sky and gazing at the stars?
My advice is to rent a car and go out to other beaches because they sure are beautiful. They all have silvery white sand and clear water. If you find the water a little chilly then slap on a little SPF and soak up the rays on the sparkly sand.
Is this starting to sound like an add? I hope not. I just love where I am from; that's all.

• Opinion of Price: N/A