Lunenburg Hotels

Our Members Say

• planxty profile photo planxty
  • Reviews: 2241

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lunenburg Board of Trade campground.: A very pleasant campsite.

I must confess that I had slight reservations when my friend suggested this place as it has been my experience in the UK that officially run campsites my not be of quite the standards of their privately run counterparts. They did, however, get good writeups in several p[ublications we were using and, in the event, I need not have worried. The Board of Trade site in Lunenburg is nicely situated and pretty central meaning you can easily walk into town. I should mention that the nice situation I mentioned means that it is a bit of an uphill trek on the way home but the views are worth it.

It is clean and well-run with all the normal facilities you would expect and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. There are EWS, EW and unserviced sites available although the electric supply is only 30 amps on all sites, not 50 which may be an issue for big rigs. There is internet access and pets are welcome. The visitor information centre is also adjacent which is handy.

There is nothing unique about this site, it is just a pleasant, well run, clean facility and I would recommend it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Camping
  • Written October 3, 2014

Campsite, Lunenburg, Canada.

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 5846
The Dockside Inn & Restaurant: Waterfront rooms

The Dockside Inn & Restaurant offers a nice view over the Lunenburg harbour.

The buildings dates from 1901 and once was of W.C. Smith and Co., later transformed into the National Sea Products Ltd.

WiFi Internet available.

The restaurant serves breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 28, 2012

The Dockside Inn & Restaurant - Lunenburg NS

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3332

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Monday, September 10, 2012
Arrived in Lunenburg early in the day, around noon, as we just had to drive from Shelburne. We checked out the WHEELHOUSE MOTEL as we liked the location, just minutes from downtown Lunenburg and we liked that it had its own restaurant. When we went in to the Lobby, Nancy, the Manager was so welcoming. It was too early to let us into a room, but she said if we came back in an hour, a room would be ready for us. So we went out for lunch at Tim Hortons and came back around 1:00 p.m. and sure enough our room was ready. Our room was lovely, with wooden ceilings, a Queen size bed, a sofa, high-speed internet, cable TV and a mini-fridge . There was no continental breakfast offered, but we had our own stuff anyway.
The Wheelhouse Motel has 18 drive-up units and is open year-round.
When we told Nancy that we would have dinner at their restaurant and that Hans would love to have lobster, she put in an order for us.

• Opinion of Price: about average