678, Oakland Road, Indian Point, Mahone Bay, B0J 2E0, Canada
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Mahone Bay

The Eclectic Garage, Mahone BayThe Eclectic Garage, Mahone Bay

Northern Sun Gallery, Mahone Bay.Northern Sun Gallery, Mahone Bay.

Travel Tips for Mahone Bay

Beautiful Mahone Bay

by Tricky_Dicky69

"A return visit."

We drove through Mahone Bay during our first trip to NS and only had time to stop for a quick wander round so we made a point of staying for a couple of nights on our second trip. We think that Mahone Bay is a lovely place and one of our favourites in NS. Obviously some parts are geared up for the tourists but that doesn't spoil it as far as we're concerned.

"Have a wander round."

Mahone Bay is a great place to just wander round to pass the time away. There are some interesting shops in town and a choice of places to stop to eat or drink while enjoying the harbour view. I have never made it through town without being steered towards a shop called Northern Sun where they always have an interesting selection of jewellery etc. on sale.

Lots of useful information at www.mahonebay.com

Great Way to Spend an Afternoon

by goldenodin

"Great village"

We visit about four times a year. It's about a 2 hour drive from our home....my husband's cousin lives here. We always used to hit the Wooden Boat Festival during the summer, but missed it the last few years. They also have either a Scarecrow Fest or Pumpkin People Fest in the fall...never made it to that one. My favourite has to be Father Christmas Fest. See tips!
There are some great little stores and restaurants and views!

"Lovely old houses"

There are some really great houses, lots of gingerbread trimmings! Some bright and colourful paint jobs, as well.

"Gazebo..."

...and one of the three churches in behind, overlooking the water. To bad it was so cold, I didn't linger for the view!

Three churches and a nice centre

by King_Golo

Mahone Bay is one of the small towns along Lighthouse Route so that many people will stop there for half an hour and then go on. I did the same twice. First, a stop at Mahone Bay's three churches, then in the centre.

Pretty in the Mist, bet its gorgeous with the sun!

by CdnJane

"A charming little Nova Scotia Village"

I just spent a few minutes in Mahone Bay. Unfortunately, the drizzle and fog followed me down from Halifax, so I couldn't see too much. Then, the friend I was to meet up with mysteriously wasn't there at her shop today. And her brother, who has another shop there, was in Halifax opening a 2nd store. Oh well. They were nice shops, though.

I returned the next day and the sun was shining, and it was a gorgeous little village. As soon as I get a chance, I'll load my photos from today.

"Like I said.... pretty in the fog!"

"See What I Mean... Beautiful in the Sunshine!"

What a Difference a Day Makes... the song had it right! The sunshine made Mahone Bay a totally different town! But look at the fogbank in the distance, threatening to swoop back down !

Mahone Bay - On The Bay of Islands

by victorwkf

Mahone Bay is a lovely coastal town located on the scenic coastal route from Halifax to the nearby and famous town of Lunenburg (please visit my VT Lunenburg page for more information and photos).

This town is worth a short stop if you are heading this way. Let me share with you some information and photos of Mahone Bay which I hope you will find useful.

Comments