Sydney Hotels

• Karlie85 profile photo Karlie85
  • Reviews: 243

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

George & Cottage B&B: Great hosts, beautiful property

My husband and I stayed at the George and Cottage B&B for only one night, a pit stop between Halifax and flying to St. Pierre and Miquelon. We didn't arrive until about 7:30pm as we drove the beautiful Cabot Trail to get there, which took quite a long time. The hosts, Bill and Carolyn, were out for a walk when we arrived and left a note for us on the door with their phone number. We grabbed some pizza and then went back to the B&B. Bill and Carolyn are both very friendly and genuine people. Sometimes when you go to a B&B it's hard to talk to the host, or even a little awkward, but this was not the case at all. They have such a pleasant demeanour. The house itself is over 100 years old and beautifully restored. There are three rooms, all prices at $100/night. We stayed in The George room on the second floor, which is probably the most basic of the three. I was actually quite surprised at how spacious it was. The room has a queen bed, a couple of chairs, a dresser and TV and free wifi. The bathroom had a shower only, but plenty of room to move around in. There was also a small living room on the second floor with a variety of books, a couch and a desk. Bill also paints, and there were several of his paintings up throughout the house. Breakfast was very good.

We spent very little time here as we went out at night and left in the morning, but I highly recommend the George & Cottage B&B. It is very obvious that Bill and Carolyn put a lot of work and love into the place.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 24, 2010

George room

• Lisser profile photo Lisser
  • Reviews: 165

Keltic Lodge: Keltic Lodge

300+ per night CDN

Nestled in the cliffs of the Cabot Trail, Keltic Lodge commands a view like no other. This place offers everything you could dream of, including, THE NUMBER 1 RANKED GOLF COURSE IN CANADA!!!!!! WOW :D
However, you certainly pay for all this luxury...

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 25, 2002

Keltic Lodge, Ingonish

• Lisser profile photo Lisser
  • Reviews: 165

Laurie's Motor Inn: Laurie's Motor Inn

I stayed in this hotel during my trip around Cape Breton. I really liked the place. It's quite large with alot of different rooms and views to pick from. However, all hotels in the area are fairly overpriced, just because they can be!

At Laurie's:
Licensed Dining Room, Cable/color T.V., Lounge, Housekeeping Rooms, Free Parking,Non-Smoking Rooms, Whirlpool in Room(s), Pets Permitted, Clock Radios in Rooms, Downtown Property.

• Opinion of Price: about average