Tatamagouche Hotels

Our Members Say

• 850prc profile photo 850prc
  • Reviews: 1195

The Train Station Inn: Choo-choo-choose to stay here

Will you ever forgive me for the horrible pun up above? For those "The Simpsons" fans among you, I'm sure you will get the reference to the famous Valentine episode, where Ralphie (the police chief's kid) gives Lisa a Valentine featuring a cartoon train saying "I choo-choo-choose" you. OK, back to the tip...

The Train Station Inn is one of Canada's most unique B&Bs. It consists of the station-master's building - a century-old train station that now houses a small breakfast cafe and a gift shop, along with several bedrooms. In addition, there are several old train cars and cabooses on the abandoned tracks BY the station-master's house. These old train cars house very unique bedrooms. The accomodations include all modern conveniences, and also have retained many of their historic railroad features, such as elevated conductors' cupolas with revolving chairs, and signal switches. It's all pretty cool, folks.

We didn't stay here, we only had lunch. But I did take a look at a room or two and can heartily recommend that staying here would be an adventure.

The Train Station Inn also has a "dining car", where lunch and dinner are served. (Please see my separate dining tip)

As for the rates below, I am talking about one of the caboose rooms. You can rent the entire station-master's "suite" which includes three separate bedrooms for C$289 per night. For full rate info, check out

Unique Qualities? Unique Qualities?

You're staying a bed and breakfast consisting of several restored railroad cars. That's pretty darned unique, wouldn't you say? Definitely different.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 22, 2009
Tip Photo

Your room awaits....all aboard!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful