Windsor Hotels

Our Members Say

• ppands profile photo ppands
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottage Country: Nova Scotia's Not so DELUXE!

In August 2008, a group met for our yearly friend/family reunion. We reserved an EXECUTIVE DELUXE Cottage at Cottage Country, NS. It looked very nice as we drove up, but boy were we dissapointed after stepping inside. A male member of our party went to use the washroom upon entering cottage and came out inquiring if the cottage was actually ready for us, as there was urine on the toilet seat, so he didn't think it had been cleaned yet. So we all stopped unloading our vechicles and starting looking around. There was a bath mat stuck down in other bathroom tub, and upon lifting, found water and hair. The stairs and upstairs rooms were not swept. There was dust over registers, window ledges were dusty and some full of dead flys. The window in dining room to look on to deck was full of grease, from bbq being next to it outside. ( The bbq , which was originally a nice one and deck furniture- just horrid)The kitchen counter was sticky in places and coffee table had smeared coffee rings all over.
As you can guess , I called the office , as I assumed it was not cleaned yet. They informed me it was, and that their new girl(of a month) was very thorough. They offered for no one to come see what we were seeing, they offered nothing to appease me, an upset guest! They were basically very rude and told me that's the cottage, take it or leave it and if I left I'd still have to pay for not cancelling within 48 hrs.
Of course having planned this vacation months prior, around that area and with others, what could we do. We went and bought some cleaning supplies (nothing there, not even some comet) and set to work - cleaning our deluxe cottage.
Other things that disappointed us about our LAKEFRONT EXECUTIVE DELUXE CHALET (as advertised) was that there were none of the usual hospitality or needed things we usually find when we stay in cottages. Such as a pkg of coffee or two, sugar, dishsoap, BBQ brush, dishwasher detergent(there was a dishwasher there) . And our deluxe cottage didn't have enough towels left for us to begin with and we threw two facecloths in garbage as they were stained(blood, it seemed) nor enough dishes in cupboard. the dishes were mismatched(which is fine) , chipped (not fine) but that there were only six of every thing is not fine in a cottage advertised to sleep up to thirteen, oh sorry let me be correct there were eight forks - two short of what our party of ten needed. LOL That's what we all decided we could do about our cottage from H*LL , That and try to forewarn as many other unsuspecting travelers as we could.

Great Lake.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Fishing, Water Sports
  • Written August 22, 2008

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 4869

Fiddlehead: Bed and Breakfast

The Fiddlehead is a spacious four star rated (Canada Select) Georgian style home with large rooms, inground pool and patio with barbeque facilities
Breakfast is served with homemade blueberry pancakes with pure Maple Syrup, Scottie's Nest Eggs or Continental Breakfast. Vegetarian Breakfast available.

• Opinion of Price: about average