Adventure Lodge

Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Family Travel Hiking and Walking Fishing
See Amenities

Stay away is you're looking for quality!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2014

This place has gone waaaay down hill and it's a real shame! My last stay will also be my LAST STAY. The food (breakfast and dinner is included in the HIGH PRICE) was just AWFUL! Inedible breakfast (oily, rubbery eggs I wouldn't serve to anyone - burned, store-bought home fries - even the pre-buttered toast was drenched in butter) that was so bad we ate breakfast out the following morning. Dinner was tasteless and very obviously from the can to the freezer to the microwave. They now say they serve 'comfort food', but there was nothing comforting about it! I've read their other reviews. Having stayed there, it's very obvious to me that the owner has recruited his friends to write the positive ones of late. His retort to bad (i.e., legitimate) reviews is never a sincere apology or a promise to try to fix anything. He blames the guest and simply states that we would spend more money at other Algonquin hotels (perhaps … but the food would be edible) and that, if we want better food, we should try the other hotel he owns nearby! (Couples Resort) No thanks. God only knows what someone with so little integrity does behind the scenes. Shame on him.

Adventure Lodge Whitney, Ontario

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2012

This is our 4th stay.......the others were fabulous. Apparently the meal olicy has changed from fine dining to comfort food. Be aware that this means from freezer to micro wave. Terrible meals, except for breakfast & few choices. Also be very aware that the pass your given "free" fro Algonquin Park is an annual pass......when mine blew out the window & I risked life & limb to try & find it...I was rewarded with an additional $200 to my bill......notwithstanding the lousy meals....the last of which was an inedible pork chop that could not be cut with a steak knife.....2 other diners had the same fate. Up to now i was a huge AV advocate......not now stay away & try their sister site Couples Resort......you'll pay but the quality remains.

Unique Quality: Nice cabins.....gorgeous site & access to kayaks, canoes & bikes......nice fishing.......just lousy food.

Directions: East entrance to Algonquin Park Whitney Ontario, Canada

sugarbeachmama Jul 25, 2014 at 5:14 AM

My last stay will also be my LAST STAY. The food (breakfast and dinner is included in the HIGH PRICE) was just AWFUL! Inedible breakfast (oily, rubbery eggs I wouldn't serve to anyone - burned, store-bought home fries - even the pre-buttered toast was drenched in butter) that was so bad we ate breakfast out the following morning. Dinner was tasteless and very obviously from the can to the freezer to the microwave. They now say they serve 'comfort food', but there was nothing comforting about it! I've read their other reviews and the owner's retort to bad reviews is never a sincere apology or a promise to try to fix anything. He simply states that we would spend more money at other Algonquin hotels (perhaps … but the food would be edible) and that, if we want better food, we should try the other hotel he owns nearby! (Couples Resort) No thanks. God only knows what someone with so little integrity does behind the scenes.

Nearby Adventure Lodge

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Forum

Need advice about Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Algonquin Provincial Park and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Algonquin Provincial Park hotel reviews