90 Highland Drive, RR#1, Barrie, Ontario, L0L 2L0, Canada
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Carriage Ridge Resort

Loved Carriage Ridge

by TripAdvisor Member womo25

The Carriage Ridge Resort was wonderful! The service and staff were 1st class, they make you feel welcome and can't do enough for you. They were ever present and were genuinely eager to be of any assistance. The room was much nicer than what you would expect for the price, it was spacious and well appointed.
The Horseshoe Valley area is very beautiful, it's secluded yet accessible. We went to CasinoRama to see Natalie McMaster and bought a gorgeous bowl from a local artist just down the road. We loved the area and the resort.
We are already thinking about going back!!

Wonderful Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member Jan1958

We stayed at the Carriage Ridge Resort for a soccer tournament on June 7th. As soon as we arrived at the resort I was extremely impressed! The reception area was welcoming and there were lots of people behind the counter for checking in, so there was no wait at all.
The rooms in the resort were absolutely exquisite! They were definitely 5 star all the way! Beautifully appointed with all amenities and very, very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable too!
The entire resort was completely beyond my expectations and I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Peaceful and beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member browncow99

I was going through some personal difficulties and requested some time alone so my husband surprised me with a night at Carriage Ridge resort. The resort was easy to find and the front desk staff were efficient and knew who I was when I walked in. The room was beautiful, spacious and clean. It was the perfect getaway for a wife and mom of two.

Wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Hfx06

My husband and I are moving to the area and stayed at the Carriage Ridge Resort while looking to purchase a home. We loved the room with all the amenities and both commented how great it would be to end the stress of house hunting and permanently move into the resort! The room was clean, spacious and beautiful and the small kitchenette was perfect for making meals. The area around the resort was spectacular for enjoying an early morning run or evening walk. We are hoping to go back in the winter to enjoy the skiing.

Stuck in traffic

by TripAdvisor Member caspiana

We were on our way to Sudbury Ontario via the 400 Hwy at which time we encountered a traffic tie up (because of an accident).We called our Daughter to make arrangements for us to stay overnight some where around Barry.She gave us the phone number of the Carriage Ridge Resort. The staff went out of thre way to accomodate us. The room was very nice and comfortable. It was unfortunate that we had to leave early in the a.m. and did not have time to check out the resort.We certainly plan to return in the future.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Goaliesmom

I booked the resort from June 6-June 8 2008 for the Barrie Spiritfest Soccer Tournament. We had the parents stay as well as 17 16 year old girls...We absolutely loved the facilities. The rooms were spacious & very clean.
Our team has already asked me if we can go again, I received many hugs from the girls expressing that this resort was fantastic.
We did not get to use alot of the amenities as we were on a tight schedule, the girls did use the pool & the gym & were very impressed. I like the barbecue pits as all the parents prepared a huge meal for the girls , did not have to go & find a restaurant.
We hope to go back & stay again without having a tournament so that we can have use of all this resort has to offer.

PS: We also won the tournament
Thanks again to the wonderful staff at Carriage Ridge Resort

Cheryl Steip & The Oakville Cobras

Great location for the soccer tournament in Barrie

by TripAdvisor Member soccermanager

We had a fabulous weekend here...we had a total of 17 families stay here, and everyone thought it was great...we were in Barrie for a soccer tournament and the soccer fields were approximately 12 minutes away ... other teams stayed in the heart of Barrie but had a half hour drive to the soccer fields...it's nice to be able to bring your own food so you save on the expense of eating in restaurants...the location is quiet and surrounded by nature...the kids were able to run around outside without any of the parents having to worry about security...the rooms were clean and roomy...the only thing I would have changed was a longer check out time...10:00 am is a little early...other than, I highly recommend this place!

Peace and quiet!

by TripAdvisor Member scrapper1018

We went to the Hills for the first time for a week away with no kids for our anniversary. The drive in told us we picked well, as we drove through the trees and felt like we had found an eclusive get-away location. We were very happy with the reception & consierge who helped us find everything we wanted to do in the area, especially a church for Sunday morning.

The kitchen had most things we needed, and the supplies were adequate and restocked mid-week. The grocery story off the exit was OK, but I think there was a better selection and prices in Orilla. Also, the restaurant choices being so limited on the first night was a problem, because the grocery story closed too early for us to get there AFTER we ate.

We loved the porch and the maintence folks were very helpful to get us a remote that would work our DVD player. We also enjoyed the pool and pool tables in the rec buidling. And being able to rent movies for the night was also nice.

We did have an issue with the batteries going on our lock the last day, and no one seemed to know that was possible. They had to come back the next day to fix it, but we were leaving, and only in the 1 bdrm part of the unit, so it wasn't a big problem.

We had a wonderful week, very relaxing and rejuvenating. There was some noise above us that bothered my husband more than me.

Excellent Resort!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Tally80

I travel a lot for work, and discovered this gem on the internet while looking for places to stay in Barrie. I have now visited Carriage Ridge several times since I found it in September 2007. I even convinced my family of 90 people to host a family reunion there this year!

The prices are outstanding, as is the resort. I highly recommend it. I never had a desire to travel to Barrie for work; however, I have added Barrie to my schedule as often as possible this year - just so I can stay here!

Comments