746 Old Hespeler Road, Cambridge, N3H5L8, Canada

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Cambridge

Main str.Main str.

Downtown PrestonDowntown Preston

Matt Storch & the Usual Suspects.Matt Storch & the Usual Suspects.

red deerred deer

Travel Tips for Cambridge

Have fun!

by kris-t

GAME RESERVE HOURS:
Spring 2005 -April 30 to June 24, Weekdays 10am to 4pm, Weekends 10am to 5pm.
Summer 2005 -June 25 to September 5, Daily 10am to 5:30pm.

Fall 2005 -September 6 to October 10, Daily 10am to 4 pm. Grounds open in summer til 7:30 pm

A close up of the Blue Clipper butterfly

by sim1

I love the details in the colours on the wings of the butterflies. Isn't it just amazing!

The wings of butterflies are actually transparent. The iridescent scales, which overlap like shingles on a roof, give the wings the colors that we see.
Unlike what everyone thinks, you can hold most butterflies gently by the wings without harming the butterfly. Of course, some are more fragile than others, and are easily damaged if not handled very gently. So it's not allowed to touch the butterflies in the Butterfly Conservatory.

Cambridge

by twilightmuse

I currently live in a town called Cambridge, which is about an hour west of Toronto en route to London. It is an odd blue collar town, with lots of white trash and bikers, yet filled with old world charm. The older streets are filled with old victorian brick houses covered in flowers, which very much reminds me of the wrought iron balconies I saw in New Orleans.

"A little Background"

The town is broken up into 3 areas that each used to be a township on it's own until they merged to form a small city. The areas are called: Preston, Hespeler and Galt. It makes Cambridge a very odd place to go because each main area has it's own main street core, featuring shops, restaurants, bars, churches and parks. The population of this town that was born and raised here is fiercly loyal to whichever part they were raised in, as though it is some sort of competition as to which side of town is better. Cambridge is also on the border of Kitchener and Waterloo so it becomes a much bigger mesh of a tri-city area. Guelph is also a close neighbour.

Sometimes I hate the fact that I live in such a blue collar town with white trash and other times I shrug and wonder well where else would I go? There are aspects here that I find beautiful and that I really gravitate to. There are large parks everywhere full of mountain bike trails, ponds, rivers, and groomed fields and picnic areas. You can kayack all the way from Guelph to a little town called Paris which would take about 6 hours give or take. You can run or bike from one area of town to the next following the Speed river away from roads and traffic. I need to be around nature even though I do love urban areas as well.

I tend to need the same check list of things wherever I go: a good coffee shop, a used bookstore, preferably a Chapters, interesting architechture and nature. I find all of that here. Plus I am in an area that is close to lots of other places to visit, yet I can still walk to my local grocery store and the business owners in my area all know me by sight.

Comments