Quality Hotel Cambridge

Satisfaction Average

More about Cambridge

Main Str.Main Str.

wool shopwool shop

bird (photo from Lion Safari web site)bird (photo from Lion Safari web site)

African Lion Safari, CanadaAfrican Lion Safari, Canada

Travel Tips for Cambridge

Photo equipment

by sim1

I had a great day with lots of light in the conservatory because of the sunshine outside. But even in these conditions it was great to have a high speed film. So I would suggest using a 800 iso film when you want to take photos here. When you don't use a strong zoom like I did a 400 iso film would be sufficient.
I know not all of you have this, but it is best to have a good zoom lens with a macro function to make some wonderful photos of the butterflies. The butterflies do allow you to come quite close to them so taking photos with a normal camera woudn't be a problem either. Tripods are not allowed in the conservatory.
Take plenty of film! Because you probably can't get enough of taking picture of all the different butterflies and flowers! Hahaha, at least I couldn't :-)

Another quail

by sim1

Now this little quail didn't want to pose for the camera. Hahaha, it walked away every time I was ready to take it's picture. It was looking for food underneath the plants and it was quite dark to take pictures here. But I finally I did manage to get a picture of the quail :-)

The quails are in the conservatory to keep the ground free from ants and other insects. They also eat the dead butterflies as a source of food.

Butterfly Paradise!

by sim1

On the 14th of April 2003 I went to the butterfly gardens close to Cambridge, Ontario. I had a fantastic day out! And of course took lots and lots of photos. A selections of these photos I've posted on this page. I hope you will enjoy them :-)

Comments