Cobourg Hotels

Our Members Say

• kehale profile photo kehale
  • Reviews: 178

MacKechnie House Bed & Breakfast: The Perfect B&B

While planning our wedding for the summer of 2013, I was looking for a different venue. Something with charm and character. A place not everyone else from my small hometown had got married at. I started to look further east of Toronto, and eventually stumbled across the website for MacKechnie House Bed & Breakfast. After speaking to the owner Cathryn, my gut instinct told me it was the perfect location... even before we saw it in person. We visited in January of 2013 for the first time, and even on that grey, cold day, with no leaves on the trees or flowers in the garden, I knew I found our beautiful wedding venue.

The location is perfect on a small quiet residential street close to downtown and the lake. There is so much character and history to the gorgeous house, and it was even better that myself and my girls could stay the night before the wedding, and our room for our wedding night was included in our venue rental.

The B&B has 5 bedrooms in total - only 2 do not have a private en suite. The room on the main floor has access to a sitting room as well as a private veranda by the gorgeous back gardens. Cathryn is an incredible cook - not only did we have two delicious breakfasts, but the food she made for our rehearsal and wedding dinners was incredible! She worked with us to make the perfect menu for our special day.

If you are heading to Cobourg for a visit, I suggest skipping out on the chain hotels and pay a visit to Cathryn where the food is fabulous, the rooms are comfortable and beautiful and the hospitality can not be beat! Enjoy your stay!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 17, 2013

MacKechnie House Set up for our Wedding

• Jenny_Scott profile photo Jenny_Scott
  • Reviews: 17

The KingGeorge Inn: Jail

I have never been but I have heard a lot of nice things about it.

The Historic Cobourg Jail houses our Inn with 7 rooms in the Governor's Manor and 12 in the renovated "Jail". Each room individually designed & decorated.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 8, 2004

The Inn

• Red_12 profile photo Red_12
  • Reviews: 1

Breakers Motel: Neatest place to stay in Cobourg

This Motel is so extremelly neat, it's right on the water and has extremelly nice rooms. Some with jacuzzi tubs and all with fireplaces. The best thing about this motel is that it is known to be haunted. While I've stayed there I didn't see any ghosts but there have been stories about it, and I found it extremelly neat that in our small little town there would be something haunted.

This motel has jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, kitchens and is right on Lake Ontario.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average