4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

220 Mountain Drive, Collingwood, Ontario, L9Y 3Z2, Canada

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• riproy's Profile Photo

Lovely B&B in a hundred year old house

Collingwood is a great get-away town and Trillium Place is a home away from home. Pam and Teri are fantastic hosts! They open there 4300 sq ft home to you when you stay there. There are two beautifully decorated rooms plus a loft that we stayed in that can sleep 6 with lots of room to move around, your own TV and fireplace for relaxing at the end of a long day of skiing at Blue Mountain or whatever.

Unique Quality: This Edwardian turn of the century house has so much old luxurious wood in it. It is a grand old beauty. The owners did an exquisite job of decorating their home and they have given it a very comfortable feel yet elegant at the same time. Breakfast is very tasty. The backyard is pleasant place to retire on a warm afternoon in the summer. It is within walking distance of many restaurants and the shopping district. But the best part of Trillium Place is the friendly owners that make you want to come back again and again.

Directions: A one minute walk from downtown.
    trilliumplace@sympatico.ca

More about Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

Lousy customer service

by TripAdvisor Member torontosaurusrex

We stayed at the Westin Collingwood in September for a relaxing weekend getaway from the city.

The good: The room was nicely decorated and the bathrooms were immaculate. The shower was good, and the bed was, in fact, comfortable. We liked how the kitchenette in our room came with all of the utensils, plates etc. It was a nice touch. Also liked the Oliver and Bonacini restaurant in the hotel. Hotel movie selection was also good.

Then came the problems: The hotel is one big cash grab. My personal favourite was paying $25 per day (in the off season, no less) for parking. Paying downtown Toronto rates for parking in Collingwood in September was insulting.

Even worse, however, was dealing wtih the attitute of the customer service manager. We had left a small item in our room and had asked the hotel to mail it to us (of course, we paid for the shipping fees). When we received the item, it was destroyed because the hotel had negligently packed it. The hotel made no effort to reimburse us for the shipping fees we paid, and to add insult to injury, the customer service manager proceeded to blame us for the situation.

With such lousy customer service, I would never return to this hotel and have told many friends to stay away.

Incredible, May not Stay Again...

by TripAdvisor Member JordanaK

The Westin Trillium House at Blue Mountain was incredible!!
Every single winter weekend was relaxing and full of luxury. The service was great, and all the staff were friendly. Especially the bell guys. The rooms were very spacious, nice, and up to date. The famous 'heavenly beds' were something to look forward to after a long day out on the slopes.
Oliver and Bonicini (the restaurant in the lobby area) was incredible each time, yet not exactally cheap. There are a few other options in the nearby village. That was another great thing, we loved how the Blue Mountain Village was easy to access by walking for less then 5 minutes. There is always something to do.
Overall, each weekend our stay at the Westin Trillium house was outstanding.
In addition to all that, we were very upset to hear the prices have raised about double each night. It's extremelly expensive, and I know several people including myself that will most likely not be returning unless the prices drop back almost to where they were. When I say many people not returning, it's not an overstatement. My family and I are not happy about this situation, but it makes more sense for us to rent a place instead.

Loved the Westin @ BlueMountain

by TripAdvisor Member tabbymississauga

We loved our recent visit to the Westin @ Blue Mountain in
Collingwood. We love the suites and being able to prepare a light breakfast or lunch in our room. The restaurant " Oliver Bonaccini" is wonderful! The 4 season pool and spa are great with a heated patio! The pool is clean and well maintained with great towel service and exercise area close by. The underground valet parking is another wonderful service. The car is parked and you can walk to the Village @ Blue to enjoy the many shops, services and outdoor activities..
We also stayed for a week last summer in a 2 bedroom suite with our grandchildren and really enjoyed our vacation. The Plunge waterpark next door is great fun and the village has lots of activities for the children as well as a beach close by.
We would recommend this property to anyone. The staff are very friendly and willing to assist you with anything you need! The rooms are clean and well decorated with wonderful beds and linens! Lots of amenities close by in Collingwood as well as great outdoor activities and scenery. We can't wait until our next trip to Blue Mountain!

Blue Mountain Get Away....

by TripAdvisor Member DooMan635

My wife and I went up for a two night mid-week get away. With only a 2 hour drive from our home in Waterloo, it was the perfect spot for a quick holiday. Hotel was very clean and room was fantastic. I am attching some photos. By going for a Tues/Wed in late September there were no crowds at all - which is good because I hate crowds. Work-out room is very nice, and heated whirlpools and pool are very nice too. All part of a big development by IntraWest (Whistler) but doing a very nice job of it. The Village which is a short walk from the Westin is a collection of shops and restaruants. One problem - my wife wanted to go for a spa, but midweek in September the spa was closed. Otherwise we had a fantastic time - heavenly bed that Westin promotes is very nice. Kids at grandparents so a good nights sleep was so nice. Don't forget to ask if your employer has corporate rates. I asked and mine did - got a nice suite for $140 or so with gas fireplace, kitchenette, and really nice bathroom. Two more quickies - the $15 a day parking is no big deal - it poured when we were there and we were happy to have it. Also if in Collingwood I recomend two spots: Expresso Cafe on the main St - Great Coffee and Expresso. Also if you like exotic cheese their is a fantastic chesse shop called "Dags and Williams" just behind the A&P.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member natcho

My husband, 4 year old and I decided to visit Blue Mountain for Thanksgiving in lieu of a loud dinner with family...we were not disappointed. We had a great time at the Westin Trillium during our 2 night stay. Our immaculate room (1 bedroom with pull out sofa in the living room) was located on the 5th floor with a breathtaking view of the village. The queen sized bed was quite comfortable and the room had a kitchenette with stove, toaster, microwave oven, coffee pot and kettle, including all cutlery/plates and complimentary tea and Starbuck’s coffee. The AC and Heating are individually controlled which is always nice. You can save money there by getting breakfast items and snacks at the local A & P (open 24 hours) or Price Chopper which are each about a 7 minute drive from the resort. We also enjoyed the outdoor heated whirlpool and pool as the weather was just fabulous. There was also a petting zoo and an inflatable playground to entertain our 4 year old. We did not get a chance to visit the Westin Kids Club as we were too busy enjoying the outdoors. I’ve read several reviews with people complaining about children running around in the hallway; it’s true that this is a very family oriented hotel and I would not recommend it as a romantic getaway, yes you will see there small children enjoying a soak in the hot tub with their parents...and if you have a problem with that then the Westin may not be the right place for you. I have only one complaint: the sheets were not changed after the first night, which we didn’t really have a problem with, however, we did notice that the bins (both in the kitchen and washroom) were not emptied nor the towels in the washroom replaced after our first night. We immediately contacted reception and they kindly apologized, fixed everything within the next 30 minutes and even left us a note, they also offered to deduct the parking charges ($30.00) from our bill. In the village - You have to check out the pizza place (can’t remember what it’s called – but there is only one so you can’t miss it), their individual pizzas are a good size with a tasty thin crust, I had a pizza with sausage and tons of fresh herbs…hum, hum, delicious. I would not recommend the Blue Moose (burger place) as we found the food well below average, the meat in our burgers was burnt and tasteless, they ran out of ingredients for our milkshakes, we got a warning from the staff not to take off with the ketchup bottle (as if!!…there must have been just one bottle for the whole restaurant!) and to top it all, our meal was constantly interrupted by “complimentary” flies. We had Thanksgiving brunch at the on-site restaurant: Oliver and Bonacini and the food was excellent! You’ll notice that everything there is pricey, it’s a trap for tourists but, trust me, you’ll enjoy falling into this one! We’ve already made plans and look forward to staying again at the Westin Trillium this winter. Cheers.

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member Princess3737

We stayed at the Westin in August and had a great time! The resort is beautiful and very clean. Everyone we came into contact with was very kind and willing to answer any questions we had.

Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, hot tub and village. We could also see the mountain from our balcony. The room itself was of true Westin quality and it was appointed with the right amount of amenities. The only downfalls were that our safe and fireplace didn't work. There were also quite a few spiders on the rails of the balcony, although we had our own little nature show.

The pool was a good size and wasn't very full went we swam in it so we basically had it to ourselves. There were two hot tubs and we took advantage of the larger one every night.

We went to the Scenic Caves and found it really interesting. It is a bit pricy for a nature hike but we felt it was okay but not quite what we had hoped it would be. There are quite a few little caves that tell a story of when the Indians had settled there. Our favorite part was Fat Man's Misery. It is 14 inches wide and about 6 feet long. When we first saw the opening, we didn't think we could fit through it, and we are not large people, but it is wider than it looks. The suspension bridge is really neat, from the middle you can see all of Collingwood and the Georgian Bay. If you are afraid of heights though, don't look down as it is pretty high. Note: Wear hiking boots or running shoes with really good treads. Some of the rocks around the caves are muddy and slippery.

For breakfast one morning we went to the Motorcycle Cafe in the village. The price is a little steep but that's to be expected for the location. The food was pretty tasty and the service was good. We did find that there were quite a few flies bothering us while we ate and two of them landed in my friend's coffee. The server said that it was the time of year for them and quickly replaced her coffee.

Overall our trip was wonderful. We liked that the resort was close to town so we could get our Timmy's fix in the mornings (very important). We are considering coming back this winter to go skiing. Enjoy your trip!

Trillium Westin Hotel at Blue Mountain = unreliable

by TripAdvisor Member fenix291

I urge anyone who decides to spend a trip at blue mountain ski resort TO NOT stay at the Trillium Westin Hotel. Their service is unreliable and inconsistant. Overall, it can be summed up in one word: GARBAGE. We had planned to spend a nice, fun weekend at blue mountain with our cousins during the xmas holidays so we reserved 2 nights at westin. Unfortunately, we went to the blue mountain site and was informed that it would not be opened until later. Going to blue mountain with no snow and no skiing? I dont' think so. But still nobody said that they were going to cancel the trip so we assumed that it was still on. Then the day before the trip our cousins phoned at 9:00 pm and told us that had just called westin and had their reservations changed to a later date WITHOUT penalty. So afterwards, we did the same.... but to our dismay, instead of easily having our reservation changed, we were bombarded with westin's horrible service. We ended up calling 3 times and talked to 3 different represenatives. EACH ONE gave us different information. One told us that there would be a penalty of $500 dollars if we were to change it, another said $275. One told us we had to change it before a week of the arrival date, one said 48 hours, and another said "several hours" prior in order to have the penalty omitted. What nonsense is this? Our cousins called 3 hrs prior to the arrival date and got it changed without penalty and we wasted 2 hrs on the phone talking to 3 different people, received 3 sets of different infomation just to be forced to cancel our reservations in the end? There goes our perfect trip, ruined... all thanks so the disgraceful service at westin. So a warning to everyone planning a trip a blue mountain.. STAY AWAY FROM WESTIN HOTEL.

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thetripplanner5

This is out third time staying at this hotel so I thought that I would post a review. We stayed last year when it first opened and then again in the summer and now christmas. Yes we do like this place and would come back again. I have not stayed anywhere else in the village but this place seems like the nicest and has the best pool so I think we would book here again. We were somewhat disappointed because the ski hill was closed so we had to find alternate activities but obviously that was not the hotels fault.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit which had a full kitchen. Our kids walked into the unit and said "mom are we rich" . They were so impressed. It was a perfect size for a family of five, although they should likely have 2 double beds in one room, as opposed to one and a king size in the other. As a result of that we did have to use the hide a bed but our kids did not complain. Their were also 3 tvs which was great and 2 full bathrooms.(how spoiled have people become). Which made for a lot less fighting. The kitchen was fully stocked and there is a nice gas fireplace. The unit is nicely decorated and very clean. THe rooms are somewhat small with not alot of drawer space but we were still very comfortable in the unit.
The hotel staff was very very accomadating. I have rarely had such good service. It is a change from other similar type accomadations where they act like they are doing you a big favour by doing anything for you. In fact, the hotel service is one reason we would return again in the summer. THe lack of snow may be a reason we would not return in the winter.
The lobby is very nice and has a relaxing feel to it. THe out door heated pool and hot tub was very nice. Our family enjoyed it but I was not brave enough to go in. The workout facility is completly top notch. Good equipment with tvs on every unit and a nice view as you are working out. A good universal and an adequate supply of weights. No excuse for not working out when you are there. Also clean and well maintained.
I would definetly reccomend this hotel and can't think of anything negative about it.

Comfortable Stay at Trillium House

by TripAdvisor Member Nayrb

My friends and I went up to blue mountain for a day of snowboarding. That night we booked rooms at Trillium house (2 deluxe and 2 1bdroom suites with dens). Overall, it was very comfortable. The trademark heavenly beds were VERY soft and comfy and the sofa beds were decent. The kitchenettes and kitchens were very nice and fully loaded (all the pots and pans you need!). All rooms were equipped with a phillips dvp642 dvd player with divx capability. The hotel itself is clean and attractive. We ventured into the outdoor hot tub and it was VERY nice; the surroundings of the hot tub was beautiful and especially romantic at night time. However, my girlfriend informed me that it wasn't very pleasant during the day as it was not warm enough ( i am guessing they turn down the heating since they assume most people would be snowboarding). Luckily for me, my room faced the pool facilities and the view was magnificent (some of my friends werent so lucky and had a room that faced construction). Overall a decent stay for the money.

Comments