3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Gananoque

Trinity InnTrinity Inn

1000 Islands/Bridge to the U.S.1000 Islands/Bridge to the U.S.

Up in the sky!Up in the sky!

BOLDT'S   CASTLEBOLDT'S CASTLE

Travel Tips for Gananoque

Don't climb this one

by janika

Another bird for you.

Hydro poles. Don't climb this one though. This pole is infront of a motel and it's decorated with Native, Indian art. A wooden bird looking animal. It very well could be a fish or some sort. We should ask the artist on this one. :) Something interesting as you walk by.

Skydiving in Gananoque!!!

by CndnSugarPlum

"Arriving at the hangar"

My friend Ali and I just stared at each other for about 15 mins before we left, didn't say anything! Then we thought we better get to the drop zone. But we were pretty excited about it all, we were planning it for over a year so we weren't going to bail out! (plus we'd lose our deposit, so that helped :)

"Pre-jump"

So they got me all in my jump gear, and this is my showing of fearlessness!
The big joke was if you happen to get separated during freefall, just go with it and meet us back at the hangar!

"Getting ready..."

So I was the first one to go, and receiving instructions from my tandem instructor Will. Literally: 'okay so put your head on my shoulder, and I'll do all the pushing!" Yay!

"The Jump!"

So the plane ride was a good 20-30 mins. Threw me over the side of the plane and said okay we're gonna do a flip...and..go! The cameraman followed us during freefall and then booked it down to landing so he could tape us coming in. We stayed up in the air for quite awhile and got to use the ropes a bit. The landing was super easy and effortless. Absolutely amazing feeling up there!

"Ali coming in...."

The cameraman filmin the landing...definitely worth buying the dvd for first jump even for the cost of it, it's awesome and we've watched them a million times.

"Survivors!"

So we're still alive and can't wait to make the second jump!

"Certificate of Jump"

The other neat little thing they give you is a little certificate stating the successful completion (a good thing) of your first tandem jump. Everyone is invited to stay and camp at the airport for the night and sit around the campfire. Jumping out of a plane is definitely one of the best things I've ever done!

Comments