Comfort Inn Guelph

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels

Stay Somewhere Else!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2015

I booked a 5 night stay at this hotel as I travel frequently. However, I have never experienced such terrible customer service. Our room, when we checked in, had only 1/2 a roll of toilet paper. No big deal, I thought. I will just call the front desk and ask them to bring some more to the room. Bad idea! The guy at the front desk, who refused to give me his name, refused to bring some to the room and in a very rude tone, told me that if I wanted toilet paper I could come down to the front desk and get it myself. I said no, I would like it brought to my room please. He then began yelling at me over the phone and swearing, telling me that I should check out of the hotel today and go somewhere else. As I refuse to be spoken to like that, I went downstairs to confront this "individual" who would not give me his name. He ended up being a short east indian man in his mid-40's....in case you dare to visit this hotel...anyways, when I got to the front lobby there was one worker standing by the front desk doing nothing, and the rude "individual" sitting in the cafeteria. I then asked the rude "individual" to get me his manager and he again, rudely said that I can come back later and speak to him and that I should stay at another hotel. I left the hotel, called Choice Hotels corporate office to complain about this, and requested a refund of the nights I wouldn't be staying as I was definitely not staying at that hotel for the remaining 4 nights that I had booked. I returned to the hotel to collect my bags and check out, at which time the manager approached me and asked what happened. He was also east-indian and I explained the event to him. I told him that I would not tolerate such behaviour and that I will be posting my experience on every hotel review website that I could find. He begged me not as if affects his pocket book. The rude employee was not dealt with at all, because both him and the manager (who also owns the property) are likely related.

The sad thing is that I've stayed at this hotel once before...about 3 years ago, and it was fantastic. The service was great and the rooms were recently renovated and very clean. Since then, however, new management / owners have taken over (the 2 people I mentioned in this review) and they have no respect for anyone. I strongly encourage those reading this to stay elsewhere.

It is NEVER ok to yell and swear at a paying customer. Completely inappropriate especially when you're paying north of $100 at a name brand hotel.

Stay elsewhere!!!

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Guelph Travel Forum

Need advice about Guelph, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Guelph and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Guelph hotel reviews