2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Picton BeachPicton Beach

some of the 1000 islandssome of the 1000 islands

random

by brecha

wherees the best place to eat?

RE: random

by Jefie

I really like Chez Piggy (http://chezpiggy.com) - it's got a nice eclectic menu and it's not too expensive.

Re: random

by Highbrae

Depends on where you are staying and the types of food you like. Downtown; try AquaTerra in the Raddesson, as the other post said, Chez Piggy is nice, also for something different try Kingston Brewing Company. West End LaSalle Hotel has The Cavelier Room which is one of the most dependable menus in the city. Lots of choice depending on your mood.

Re: random

by RWFAN

I'm a huge fan of the Toucan myself. I think the address is 74 Princess... downtown anyways. It's a great Irish pub with reasonable prices and a fantastic atmosphere. The patio is great in the summer and the beer is colder downstairs! I reccommend the nachos!

Also, another good choice for sit-down food is Copper Penny... further up Princess by a couple of blocks, not sure tha address on this one. Their prices are good and their fries are legend!

Travel Tips for Kingston

Keep your eyes open.

by janika

Keep your eyes open for attractions. I realized that when we came out of the marine museum and we saw the big ice breaker ship, there was another museum almost besides it, just a block down.

Just by walking for an hour, you can discover a lot of interesting things and take tons of pictures. Just like I did. This is the sign on the street explaining what's in the compound. I have to say my favorite attraction was the Alexander Henry. Downtown. Canadian Coast Guard Ship-moored at the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes

Kinston is where you'll find...

by Deus_ultima

Kinston is where you'll find the renowned Queens University, specialised in applied sciences. All these students help make this town even nicer and livelier. The only deception is that the student houses are all beautifull old houses..which the students don't care for. I even saw stupid grafiti on front doors and stuff..

Symposium

by Deus_ultima about Symposium

This is the nicest Café I've seen in Kingston. First of all the decorations (inside and out..) are really nice. Also, with the couches, the lighting and the music, you feel right at home. Very 'Lounge' feel.

Walk around downtown/historic Kingston

by Jefie

The best way to really see and appreciate Kingston is to do it on foot. It's a lot of fun to walk down Princess Avenue and Ontario Street, and you can also improvise a self-guided tour of historic Kingston and Queen's University campus to admire the many 19th century limestone homes and the red brick Victorian architecture that are characteristic of this beautiful city.

My Kingston and Wolfe Island page

by marielexoteria

"Kingston, not Jamaica ;)"

We did a road trip to Kingston, where my hosts thought they could take a tour to see Thousand Islands....well, this is true but apparently if you get there early enough to visit a travel agent or something because tour operators shone with their absence hehe. Instead, we went to Wolfe Island.

Kingston was once the capital of Canada and now it's a small city conveniently located between Ottawa and Toronto.

We only had a pit stop for lunch here but I managed to take some pictures.

"Wolfe Island, the biggest of the Thousand Islands"

We took the free ferry to Wolfe Island from Kingston. Drive 11km and take the ferry to Cape Vincent, NY (but we didn't do it), otherwise embrace the colors and the beautiful houses around the pier even tho the weather wasn't the best :)

"A splash of Gananoque (pronounced ga-na-naw-kway)"

We drove around Gananoque on our way home from Kingston and we admired the Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations some houses had (no pictures of them tho :(). From here you can take a boat tour to/around the Thousand Islands but the children that were with me were too tired so we didn't do it.

Comments