686 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 1E7, Canada

Howard Johnson Inn Kingston
Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

• deschain's Profile Photo

Horrid.

Seriously, don't stay here. It has had a really bad reputation for as long as I can remember. I recently stayed there as I have moved to Toronto and was back in town to see friends, and against my own memories I booked a room here as it is the cheapest in town. Well, there's a reason for that.

There were huge blots of ketchup all over the comforter, the air conditioning was broken, the room has only a handle-lock on the door - no dead bolt, no chain. One swift kick would have it open. The sheets were clean, but that's it - even the carpet was filthy. And this is just my own experience; I had one friend stay there two years ago, and when he got to his room, he found it decorated with large swasticas drawn in black marker.

For just $10 more a night you could be at the Super 8 one block up the street, and it's much nicer, not to mention safer. (the doors have actual locks). Seriously, go with that if you're looking for budget accomodation in Kingston.

Unique Quality: None.

Directions: Upper Princess Street, but below the Kingston Center.

• DON'T GO!!! Huge ripoff!!!

They're nice when you're booking...screw you over when you cancel, and now i'm out $145.60 for two nights I had cancelled well in advance for. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. BAD SERVICE AND DISHONESTY, what worse combo is there in a business?

I am a first year university student, and I had booked to stay with Rest Inn for two nights because I had difficulties in the transition from Residence to House. They were perfectly friendly and helpful when you inquire about prices and when you make a reservation, providing you with name and confirmation numbers and cancellation policy. When cheaper and better arrangements came up, I called a week in advance to cancel. The guy first couldn't find my account, then fiddled around with it for a bit, and finally told me my reservation was cancelled. A month later, my VISA bill came, and I was charged $145.60 for those two nights I'd cancelled well in advance for. When I called management, they said there was no record of anyone even accessing my account before those nights. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT GUY DOING WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEL?! They are insisting i did not call to cancel.

Unique Quality: Small, dirty from the outside and from previous Rest-Inn-victims. Not set in the best neighbourhood in town, though i'll give you that it's situated on the main road of Kingston.

Comments