1739 Dundas Street E, London, Ontario, N5W 3E3, Canada

Satisfaction Average

More about London

We visited the top of One London PlaceWe visited the top of One London Place

Thames RiverThames River

Saturday morning farmers' marketSaturday morning farmers' market

No photographs in the 1800's - early Eldon HouseNo photographs in the 1800's - early Eldon House

Interested in Immigration to Canada

by jokly67

We have spotted London and its closeness to a veterans facilitie. I am 100$. I know why she was a tortured sole . I love you and I never looked better.Thank you for any comments or questionare

Re: Interested in Immigration to Canada

by amambaw

Ditto... what the heck are you talking about?

by RobDavis

London has lots of hospitals. I'm sure they'll take good care of you and your 100$ and make her shoe less tortured. I don't love you, but we can still be friends.

Comment - You need to be a Canadian Veteran to take advantage of a Veteran's hospital in Canada
Questionare - If a fish is flattened, does it become a tortured sole?

You're welcome.

by daarth

I bet we are disussing potatoes here....
We have sent utttz to Peru to do a little research for us, though I doubt he will have an answere to a thing

by DUNK67

the potatoes are back, bet they`ve got some stories to tell since they`ve been away. :)

by RobDavis

I had a tortured spud at dinner the other day.

mine was chipped :(

by littlesam1

My spuds were tortured. Now I know who abused them. Its difficult to mash tortured suds. I always feel so guilty afterwards.

Larry

Re: Interested in Immigration to Canada

by RACCOON1

Are you sure you have got the right Forum .Some people place questions in the VT Forum that are ill defined . This one gets the GOLD medal. How about a clue.

by DUNK67

the potato thing dates back to when vt only had one forum, it was probably one of the longest running postings on here.

king edward anybody?

Travel Tips for London

LONDON FESTIVALS

by LoriPori

London has tons of events planned during the year. I will highlight here some of the festivals that London is well known for. My information comes from the "London Visitor's Guide" that I received from the information center.
LONDON FESTIVALS
Home County Folk Festival - July - Victoria Park - www.homecounty.ca
London Balloon Festival - August - Harris Park - www.londonballoonfestival.com
London Rib-Fest - August - Victoria Park
Festa Italiana - August - Covent Garden Market - www.coventgardenmarket.com
Dragon Boat Festival - August - Fanshawe Conservation Area - www.dragonboatlondon.ca
Harvest Festival - August - Fanshawe Pioneer Village - www.fanshawepioneervillage.ca
Western Fair - September - Western Fairgrounds - www.westernfair.com

Elora Gorge, In Elora...

by mizgoldie

Elora Gorge, In Elora Ontario
Its a very small town with a very big tourist clientel. There are many small shops to browse in. There is a hiking trail along the gorge to enjoy. There is camping facilities, and areas for picnics. Elora Gorge is nestled in Mid Western Ontario. Lovely place to visit while your here.

Wellington Street in London...

by mizgoldie

Wellington Street in London has a large variety of eateries! Jack Astors is one of my favorite road houses
good prices, great food! Lots of fun, sit at a table or sit at the bar! Grilled Chicken Salad!

Museum London

by Redlats

On a rainy Saturday afternoon, we visited Museum London. It is located downtown on the banks of the Thames River.

There are displays on three floors - primarily the basement and second floors and has a little of this and a little of that. On the second floor, we saw part of the permanent collection of art, but but enjoyed most one of the temporary displays - various works by Paula Jean Cowan who had paintings, drawings and electronic art featuring non-skinny people.

Actually all in all, I found the museum to be a bit boring. I guess the building is too small to house anything comprehensive, so I found the displays to be detached - not like the Manitoba Museum which seems to provide a total natural and social history of Winnipeg and Manitoba.

The museum has a lot of meeting rooms and non-display area, and on the day we visited, they were setting up for a wedding to be held after the museum closed.

The museum is open 12 noon to 5 pm, but is closed Mondays and holidays. Admission is by donation.

London

by Kaspian

Travel Dates: Many times, July 20-22 2007.

Growing up, I visited London often with my family because this was where all of my cousins lived. It's also my father's hometown.
London's a great little city with a rich history, where 500 heritage buildings sit side-by-side with modern construction.

"The Name Thing"

Having visited the UK, I now find it slightly annoying how besides the name of the city itself, they named so many things in this community after places in London, England--"The Thames River" (which is a tiny mud creek here at best) and "Covent Garden" (an indoor market which doesn't resemble the original in the slightest) are the two most glaring examples, but I'm sure there are hundreds of others. It makes it difficult to discuss things because you never know to which place people are referring. I'm sure some think it's clever, and it might have even been a comfort of sorts to early settlers, but I think they should stop being copycats and come up with their own place names. It's just annoying. It doesn't matter how much stuff you name the same, the two cities don't even have a similar feel to them. ...And I highly doubt they ever will.

"But Other Than That..."

This city has lots of cool little neighbourhoods, hip restaurants, and fantastic municipal parks. It's actually called "The Forest City," because of the number of parks and trees lining almost every main and side street. If more cities emulated London's extensive use of trees, I'm sure there would be a dramatic reduction in their CO2 and smog levels.

Comments