Delta Markham

50 East Valhalla Drive, (formerly Radisson Hotel Toronto-Markham), Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A3, Canada
Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Markham

side of the churchside of the church

Cars parked ; both malls clearly visibleCars parked ; both malls clearly visible

My chicken and rice meal before eatingMy chicken and rice meal before eating

LEFT: munch munch munch  RIGHT: stageLEFT: munch munch munch RIGHT: stage

Travel Tips for Markham

My Markham Homepage

by freddie18

"Welcome to Markham"

Markham is a town located in the Regional Municipality of York, Ontario, Canada. It is directly north of Toronto, one of the fastest-growing communities and the largest town in Canada. It is the fourth-most populous municipality in the Greater Toronto Area, after Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton.

ADJACENT MALLS 1..~ front exterior ~

by Martman

Today (Saturday 4 March, 2006) I visited the two malls to take pictures for my new VT albums. This one was taken from a side road. The exterior of both malls are clearly visible.
The brownish partially obscured left building is Pacific Mall. The whitish partially obscured right building is Market Village. We are facing north, hence viewing the south entrances. The traffic lights are at Steeles Avenue.

I often use the travelogue album of one city for showing another city. I do this when I have used up the limit of five albums per city. I see nothing wrong with this, as long as I clearly label which city I am reffering to. As I have used up my Toronto quota, chose Markham for these albums. The biggest irony is, I suddenly realized that I am not even wrong. These malls are in Markham anyway! Markham is a town of its own with its own mayor. It does, however, border Toronto. These two huge malls are in a major road called Steeles Avenue. Steeles is the border between Toronto and Markham. The malls are on the Markham side of the road. Using Markham pages for these malls is therefore even more accurate than had I used Toronto albums!!

This means that this photograph was taken by city borders. I am in Toronto photographing Markham. The traffic lights just before the malls are in Steeles Avenue, the border road. I never noticed a difference in the weather though!!

"Directions"

Both Malls are located on the north side of Steeles Avenue, slightly east of Kennedy Road. Going east along Steeles, as you cross over Kennedy, there is a tiny (but pretty) shopping plaza on the left. The two malls immediately follow. Pacific Mall is first on the left and then Market Village. As the 2 malls are adjacent, their parking areas blend into each other. I am positive that the same entrance on steeles avenue feeds both malls.

If instead of continueing along steeles, you turn left (north) into Kennedy, you will reach the back entrances of the malls.

Warning: I visited at approximately 1pm on Saturday. I drove and drove and drove until I found a parking space. Each time I saw an opening, by the time I worked my way there, it was snapped up.

Pacific Mall looks somewhat like a warehouse. It has a large rectangular foyer. The mall is comprised of long passages that go north-south or east-west. Each shop looks almost identical in both size and shape. For this reason, nearly every area of the mall looks identical. To me the mall is a rectangular grid. If you visit the given website of Pacific Mall, there is an option for photos. The interior photos clearly demonstrate this.

Market Village is shaped like most malls. Some shops are large and others are small. The entrance has a large foyer. Other areas of the mall thin out. The back section has exterior facing shops. Every part of the mall is different. Market Village is the antithesis of the uniformity of Pacific Mall.

Here are the actual mailing address and phone number of the malls:
I also provide the external links to their websites.

Market Village

Tel: (905) 470-8785
Fax: (905) 470-9234
Email: info@pacificmalltoronto.com
Pacific Mall

The two malls are in Markham, Ontario. Steeles Avenue (where the malls are located) forms the border between Toronto and Markham. The malls are the north side of Steeles, hence in Markham. The south side of steeles is formerly the town of Scarborough. Scarborough is now incoporated into Toronto.

The front entrances of the malls are on the south side, facing steeles avenue. The mall Market Village is not to be confused with Markham Village, another large shopping mall in the Greater Toronto Area. Markham Village is not specifically Chinese or any other group. It is a typical mall.

In case it interests you, click here for that malls website:

MARKHAM VILLAGE

I am not sorry at all that I made this album. There are so many VT pages, that I really want to be different. I am not making light of the the major city attractions, they are wonderful, but they are covered in abundance. Here at least I am showing off more unknown city landmarks. I personally find it fascinating to have these two malls in the city. I am delighted to have gone today to take these pictures! The album still has space for more pictures. I have every intention of going again to fill those spaces!

The two malls combined have over 500 stores. The combined parking has over 1500 spaces. The malls are popular not just for Chinese customers, but also for non-Chinese customers who want a taste of the Chinese experience. The malls are therefore often crowded, especially on weekends.

You have reached the end of the first of 7 albums. Below is a list of them all to chooe and click on. You may continue onto number 2 or simply choose whichever you prefer!

ADJACENT MALLS 1 Front Exterior

ADJACENT MALL 6 Pacific Mall Interior 1

ADJACENT MALL 7 Pacific Mall Interior 2

Toronto Chinatown 1
Toronto Chinatown 2

Anyone looking for something different to do, I highly recommend visiting these malls. It is really an unusual but worthwhile experience. I am not out to mislead anyone, I provide the plusses and minuses. If you do take my advice, be prepared to fight to find a parking space! Othere than that, the malls are worth going!

Comments