2750 High Point Drive, Northeast Quadrant, Milton, L9T 5G5, Canada
Hotels.com HIExpress.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Milton

Mahone Bay in the sunshine - AfterMahone Bay in the sunshine - After

View of Niagara Escarpment from Rattlesnake PointView of Niagara Escarpment from Rattlesnake Point

Autumn Day in Algonquin Park, OntarioAutumn Day in Algonquin Park, Ontario

And that's no bull.... its a nice little heifer!And that's no bull.... its a nice little heifer!

Travel Tips for Milton

Great place to stop for gas and coffee fill-ups

by CdnJane

Not sure where this actually fits in, but if you're heading out on the 401 from Toronto towards London, Windsor or places beyond, or coming into Toronto and need a stop, Milton is a great place to take that break.
Exit at Rd 25 south into Milton (exit also notes Acton on 25 north). First lights south of hwy 401 is a Tim Horton's and there are several gas stations around there. Just take one of those short breaks that tend to refresh you and make the rest of your trip safer. 2003 - As MissAntarctica has written about... the Milton Fair is special. I can't exactly speak from experience, as I had a family emergency come up and I missed going with her, but I did win a ribbon for one of my photos entered in the fair. MissAntarctica and her husband did quite well with their entries.
2004 - Well, as you can see from my pictures I did get to the fair this year. I would say it is the most rural fairs I've been to, despite Milton becoming very much a commuter local. I hope that that doesn't change.

No Rattlesnakes seen / heard here despite the name

by CdnJane

After having spent a lovely day out for a picnic with friends, I can highly recommend Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area near Milton for a day out. Whether you are there just for a picnic with friends/family, or to go hiking on the Niagara Escarpment, or even to go climbing, then you will have a wonderful time.
We found a table in the shade, with a lovely breeze blowing around. After our lunch we repacked the car, and went for a walk to see the views from Rattlesnake Point! WOW!!!! Worth the drive to Milton (although I understand that both Campbellville and Burlington are trying to claim this as their's!)

Home Sweet Home

by MissAntarctica2002

Milton is about 100km west of Toronto, Ontario along Highway 401.

I've lived in Milton for about two years now. It is a nice town with lots of community spirit. I like that it is much more than just a bedroom community of Toronto.

Milton remains very close to its agricultural roots and my favorite event in town is the Milton Fall Fair which takes place every September.

Milton Fair - 2006

by CdnJane

"It's Autumn and Time for Another Visit to the Fair"

One of the special things of the small town country fairs is seeing the arts and crafts made by the locals. Some of these are dying arts, judging by the few entries. But the work is beautiful. Quilting, I'm glad to see, is making a come back, and the walls were covered by these beautiful pieces of work.

"Winning Wall of Photographs"

As I have done in the past few years, I entered some of my photographs into the competition. There were some great entries, and I'm going to boast that I won 2 classes, and placed 4th in another. Not too bad with 3 wins out of 7 entries. My friend, Stephanie (MissAntactica2002) did very well - I lost track of how many ribbons she won this year - all but one of her baking items got a ribbon, too!

"Looks like this bird has something to crow about!"

What is a country fair without poultry? This proud bird came 1st in his class.

"Man, I forgot about the wind at the top!!!!"

Its been a long time since I've done any of the rides at the fair, but we had time to kill before we could collect our items from the buildings, so Steph and I went up on the ferris wheel! It wasn't a great day for it, as it was rainy and very windy. But we didn't blow away! And, we DID NOT ROCK THE SEAT!!!

"A view of some of the rides"

It was late on Sunday afternoon, and it was damp and windy. The fairgrounds weren't too busy, as you can see.

"The Merry-Go-Round was much more sedate!"

There's something fun about getting up on those good old horses and going around and around. Not that there were many of us doing so. But it was fun, and we laughed trying to take pictures of each other but we kept going up and down at the wrong time! You see there is a class in the photography contest for pictures of the previous year's fair - so we just had to take some pictures!!!

"A Fair needs horses and cars"

What better view of the horses, than from the grandstand, in front of the wreck-em cars!

"This is not the crowd leaving the fair!"

I'm not sure what the big thrill is in watching already bashed up cars bang and wack at one another, but there I was snapping pictures, and the grandstand was pretty much filled. That, of course, could've had to do with the fact that it was raining and there was the cover over the grandstand seats! It was noisy, it was crazy, and it was fun. All part of the fair experience

Comments