161 Chisholm Drive, Milton, L9T 4A6, Canada
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milton
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Milton

Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia - BeforeMahone Bay, Nova Scotia - Before

Flags of Canada and the Province of OntarioFlags of Canada and the Province of Ontario

4H Hereford calves being shown4H Hereford calves being shown

Not a scene on the highway!Not a scene on the highway!

Travel Tips for Milton

You might be surprised...

by MissAntarctica2002

..by how often you see people speaking sign language in Milton. Milton is home to one of the largest schools for deaf people in North America, and so it is not uncommon to encounter people in town speaking sign language with each other.

Milton Fair

by CdnJane

"Truly an Agricultural Fair - May It Live On"

2004 did get me to the fair with my friend Miss Antarctica (Stephanie), where we both showed some of our pictures, and for her, some of her baked goods. It was fun to go there and check out the livestock, the equitation events, the rides (from the ground - wasn't up on any) and the other events going on.

"A view of the midway from the ferris wheel"

I hadn't gone on any rides for years, but figured the ferris wheel was pretty good. No loop-de-loop, hanging upside down, or anything whipping around throwing your neck out of joint... just around and around. And, a chance to take some pictures of the fairgrounds from above.

"What is a fair without prizes???"

My friend and I had to make one effort or two to win something. This is her with her prize... such a fun day! And, uh, I won a purple-ish one... we didn't do as well as some of the kids wandering around with the big teddybears *sigh*

2007 Winning Photos

by CdnJane

"Category - Farming Life - 1st Place"

"Category - 4H Activities - 1st Place"

4H is a program to help rural kids develop skills in many areas that are part of their life on a farm. There are home-making skills, gardening, and livestock skills. Raising a calf (or colt or pig or sheep), grooming it, teaching it to walk on a lead, and showing it is one activity many kids take part in. Successful showing is not as important as the skills in training the animal to be comfortable on a lead and halter, because it is critical when a vet needs to examine the animal. It is a matter of safety for animals and humans that they can be handled without fear - on either side.

"Category - Landscape - 2nd Prize"

"Category - Flags Flying - 2nd Place"

"Category - Niagara Escarpment - 2nd Prize"

"Category - Before and After - 3rd Place (Before)"

This was before - my first view of Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia - in the rain and gloom of a misty day.

"Category - Before and After - 3rd Place (After)"

The next day with the sun out, although you can see the fog bank in the distance lurking

Tooting my Horn - Prizes from 2005 Fair

"Landscape - 1st Place"

For the past couple of years, I've, along with MissAntarctica2002, entered photographs into the fair. First year I got a 3rd place. Last year it was a 2nd. This year I did very well - 2 1sts, 1 2nd, and 2 3rd place finishes.

"Panoramic Landscape"

I'm so thrilled that my favourite view - for itself, and for the wonderful memories attached won a first place

"Horse Photo - 2nd Place"

I took this last year at the Milton Fair. It was one of the better action pictures. I'm actually amazed that it won anything, because I thought there were better horse pictures. But, perhaps it was the fair aspect.

"Panorama Landscape with Water - 3rd place"

Another picture taken with lots of memories attached. This was the only beach in Australia where I went swimming, so there are good vibes.

"Barns - 3rd Place"

I'm again surprised that I got a prize with this, as it truly is more of a sunset shot than a barn picture, but I'm not complaining! Taken at my cousin's farm on a beautiful early March evening.

Comments