Angel's Hideaway

Star Wars CastStar Wars Cast

The WhirlpoolThe Whirlpool

American Falls, NiagaraAmerican Falls, Niagara

A VIEW FROM THE RESTAURANTA VIEW FROM THE RESTAURANT

This may be a very stupid question

by HAPPYGERL

I am a US citizen, I am leaving for Niagra Falls next week. I am bringing my birth certificate and my drivers license. I am worried that once I get over to Canada, if something happens to my paper work, I won't be able to get back into the US. Does this ever happen? I was really excited about my trip but now I am actually feeling scared. Any suggestions?

by leics

If something happened to your paperwork, you will still exist.

Therefore you would be able to prove your identity by referring the authorities to your birthdate/place, employer, family etc etc etc. Of course you would be able to get back....Canada won't want to keep you if you don't want to be there! :-)

Why not make photocopies of all your documents? Store them in different places when you travel (case/purse/hotel room/whatever). You could scan them too, then email them to yourself. Then you can access them anywhere there is internet access, should you need to.

Absolutely no need to worry at all, so don't! :-)

by HAPPYGERL

Thank you so much, for all of your advice. I feel so much better. I have heard that it is harder to get back into the US than it is to get into Canada. I just wanted to make sure I could get back in. :)

by leics

You will be absolutely fine........enjoy your trip!

by qaminari

I realise it's too late for this particular trip, but if you were to get a passport, you could travel anywhere in the world without having to worry about losing your birth certificate!

by lostsooner55

You can get certified copies of those documents through the county clerk/ recorder's office, or in some cases a notary of the public. You might check to see if these "raised seal" copies will suffice for the border crosiing though. If so, you should have no reason to travel with the original documents. Gary

by lostsooner55

You can take a look at the folloeng web site: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html. Gary

by 2Cities1Love

Photocopy those documents twice. Leave a copy somewhere separate to the originals (is in your car or luggage). And leave a copy with someone who can fax them readily if need be.

Cheers
Col & Sue

by Camping_Girl

I was going to suggest the "making 2 copies" idea as well.

Naturally, if you were to lose all of your identification, the first thing to do is contact the US embassy office that is closest to you in Canada. If your documents were stolen, you would contact the RCMP to report this, and they would put you in contact with the consulate office. If your documents were lost, the RCMP would not need to be involved. In this case, you could find the appropriate phone number for the US embassy in the phone book. They would then look after verification of who you are and how to get back home.

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Adventure Pass

by Dabs

There are several different combination passes that you can get, we decided to get the Adventure Pass which included admission to four attractions-the Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, Niagara's Fury and the White Water Walk. It also included 2 days of rides on the People Mover and a ride on the incline railway plus a bunch of coupons, none of which we found of any use.

The current price of the pass is $39.95 and the website says that it's a savings of $22.52 over the price of doing them separately. We enjoyed three out of the four activities, Niagara's Fury wasn't very good but the price of that was $15 so we still saved money even with that dud in the lineup.

There was a stand alone kiosk across from the American Falls before you get to the Maid of the Mist where you can purchase the passes. The Maid of the Mist didn't have reservations but the other three attractions did, you can make the reservations at any time by stopping back at the kiosk. Niagara's Fury and Journey Behind the Falls are right next to each other so we got reservations for both of them at the same time.

Click here for more information on the Adventure Pass. There is also a Niagara Break Free Pass with different attractions including the Whirlpool Aero Car and the Whirlpool Jet Boat.

Allow for spray of falls

by Martman

Usually we observe the weather report when deciding which garments to don. Over and above the weather, we must also allow for the spray of the fall. In other words, certain areas have "rain" 24 houirs/day 7 days/week. You become wet just from standing near the falls!

Tacky and Touristy but Fun

by CdnJane about Clifton Hill

I've read lots of folks complaining about Clifton Hill and how it makes Niagara Falls look so cheap and tawdry. Well, my answer to that is to just NOT go there. Niagara Falls is made up of lots of other aspects - the Falls themselves, the gardens along the parkway, the Casino and the more upscale hotel area, and the shopping further out on Lundy's Lane.
Niagara Falls tourist area was created to be a total holiday experience - and that includes the fun, tourist-y area that appeals to those who want that. I've encountered similar things in Blackpool & Southend, England, there is funland in Luna Park in Sydney, Australia, lets not forget about Atlantic City, or Coney Island. It is there, but you just don't have to spend time there, if that is not your cup of tea. Bars & Restaurants require shirts & shoes to be worn due to health regulations, but beyond that there is no dress code. Visitor casual.

SOOO GOOOD!

by tabbyd786 about Rainforest Cafe

this restaurant was great! i defenitly recommend it, even if you dont have children. we had a great time and we even got souvineir cupps with our drinks. it is very expensivee though. we spent about $60 on 2 drinks an appetizer and 2 salads!! it was defenitly worth it though!! we had an appetizer that was to die for. i forget what it was called but they were described by our waiter as american eggrolls. very tasty and veryy filling!

Middle Eastern fast food

by Dabs about Tarboosh

We had a fairly busy day planned and didn't want to spend a lot of time at lunch so we found a couple of middle eastern places on Victoria. The nicer of the two was a sit down restaurant, the menu said everything was made to order and expect a 20 minute wait. So we decided to eat at the other place we saw, no tables inside and only one outside, this is definitely a take away place. We found a nice shady spot on the grass across the street and ate our lunch there We both ordered chicken shawarma sandwiches, pita bread filled with spit roasted chicken and topped with whatever you want on it-lettuce, onions, tomato, peppers, garlic sauce, tahini sauce, hummus. For the two sandwiches and two sodas it was around $13CDN

Comments