Bampfield Hall Bed and Breakfast

4761 Zimmerman Ave, Niagara Falls, L2E 3M8, Canada

More about Niagara Falls

In June, we found fresh fruit for sale.In June, we found fresh fruit for sale.

Dufferin IslandsDufferin Islands

Ahem, this really is terrapin ;)Ahem, this really is terrapin ;)

VIEW FROM ABOVE AT NIGHTTIMEVIEW FROM ABOVE AT NIGHTTIME

Niagara Falls Adventure Pass

by ramot418

I will be in Niagara Falls next week. From what I've seen and heard, the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass (5 attractions) is a good bargain. I know one can buy it on-line, but where does one buy it in person in the Falls area itself? At any one of the 5 attractions?

Thanks.

by crabby38

You can purchase your 5 pass at any of the attractions in Niagara Falls. This includes transportation on shuttles that run every 10 minutes or so...If you wish to stay at an attraction longer you just wait and take a later shuttle. Niagara Falls is a very tourist oriented city --but very small. Make sure you have hotel reservations in advance, because you probably will not be able to find a place on short notice. I hope you enjoy Canada as much as I do!

by brandofan

I know this is blasphomy as a canadian but save your money. See the Falls take Maid of the Mist which is a boat that takes you by the falls and get out. There is only casinos and arcade type stuff there. Total touriost trap. you are far better off to go and see Niagra on the Lake which is maybe 15 minutes away and has our great wineries. The hotels are nicer and the area is far better to look at. But I will tel you now that the food in both areas are way over priced. Unless you go to something very expensive you wont get anything decent. I know this sounds bad but other than eating at one or 2 of the wineries wich is cool cause you can try our wine and eat at the same time. I amlways hit a fast food joint because I am not getting blind sided with a ton of cost for crap food. This area is really touristy just be for warned. Oh yeah Jackson Triggs is my fav winery and gives you the most wine for lowest cost

by ramot418

I disagree, brandofan. While I concur that the *town* of Niagara Falls is one big tourist trap and should be avoided, there are a few things to see and do other than the Maid of the Mist. This includes walking behind the Falls and the other attractions on the pass. I have been to Niagara Falls about 4-5 times already. However, the last time I was there was over 15 years ago. My personal plan this time round is to see the attractions on the pass and then head straight to Niagara-on-the-Lake, via the Floral Clock. I have been on the Maid of the Mist twice, as well as behind the Falls. Also the Butterfly Conservatory was highly recommended by more than one traveller.

by brandofan

Well I guess everyone is differnent. I have not yet been to the butterfly conservatory or actually walked behind the falls actually never new you could do that but I still hold firm that if you hit Ontario there are far greater things to see. I believe Algonquin Park at anytime of the year is a gem that alot of people never mention. But hey I thank you for teaching me things about my own province I never knew. I will be going there just to walk behind those fallls.
Dev

by crabby38

I hope that with these replies that you do indeed choose to use the shuttle service. My husbands family reside in Nigara Falls and we take the grandkids on the downtown shuttle tour each year. With such limited parking in the city this is the only smart way to get around & the cheapest way. Have a good time!

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

free fireworks displays

by sunnywong

Be thrilled with the spectacular free fireworks displays over the Falls every Friday & Sunday night at 10pm between May 17 and September 2. The last presentation of fireworks on Sunday will be on Sept 1, 2002

Bring sandwitches, water and sun screen

by janika

No bags. Leave all heavy bags in your trunk. You walk so much, it makes you tired, quick. In the summer time, dress very light and comfy. Protect your head. Floss Camera NIL Bring money for souvenirs and postcards.

The casino

by bandura about Casino Niagara

Go lose your shirt at the casino. Watch the canadian mob guidos bet tons of money. And remember the american dollar is stronger than the canadian dollar so americans won't be losing as much money as it seems. Alcohol is not free like at some casinos. How sad.... With a free vodka tonic, I might have lost even more money.

Try the spaghetti

by El_Cookie about Tony's

Fine italian dining. Very friendly waitress with lots of great tips on what to do in Niagara or Toronto. I had the Spaghetti with meat balls....excellent. If I remeber correctly I think everything is home made according to our waitress.

Of course... another great view

by lar-n-me about Skylon Tower Dining Room

This was a great evening for our last night there. The dining room is revolving, one complete rotation every hour. You're 775 feet above the falls and city, good food for lunch or dinner. At night, of course, is beautiful. We managed to get seated by sunset, so we had the best of both worlds... a daylight view, then a view of the city lights and intense colors of the lit up falls.
skylon tower