Best Western Cairn Croft Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Cairn Croft Hotel

This is Best Western?

My fiance and myself very recently stayed at the Best Western Cairn Croft. We checked in at 2pm, and left at 8pm. We live about a 60 minute drive from the Falls, and were so displeased with the room, we decided to drive home. Originally when we phoned to book this hotel, we requested a smoking room. We were told we could have one in their tower, and that they were doing "a promotion" on their tower, and we were offered a discount. We thought this was great. We really thought we were getting a deal, because Best Western is a quailty name. When we arrived, I was impressed originally with the hotel itself. The courtyard was beautiful, and the tropical theme throughout the hotel was really nice. Our room however...did not have any correlation to the rest of the hotel. There was cigarette burns in the bathtub, and the bed made horrific noises even when you just sat on it. The decor was drab and lifeless. Worst of all, we couldnt even see out our window! There was cement and asphalt jutting out right in front of our window. We couldnt see outside! I suppose some folk would take the "discount" and be fine with it, but we would much rather pay say $30.00 more for a better room, and at least be able to see outside. To us it was a dissapointment, and a waste of money!!

An Incredible Get-a-way

My husband and I just returned after spending 3 days in Niagara Falls, Canada staying at the Best Western Cairn Croft on Lundy's lane.
I just felt moved to let people know what a relaxing get-a-way this hotel is. We happen to have a pool side room which was incredible!!! Think about it, all under one roof...........charming restaurant, bar, lots for kids to do, beautiful atrium with greenery and gorgeous trees that are lit at night with sparking white lights that reflect on the inviting large pool and hot tubs.

Great place to party or just relax. The staff were very helpful with anything we wanted to do and helped to plan a side trip. Take a gang and enjoy a perfect get-a-way!! We did!! or just enjoy a romantic weekend!!!

This hotel was very accommodating by allowing us to check in early due to my laser surgery. The staff were very polite, helpfull and pleasant . The rooms were large with the best beds I have ever slept in. Close to Lasik MD

ask and you shall recieve!!!!!!!!

this is the hotel of "ask and you shall recieve". we visited niagara falls from 4/18/2005 to 4/20/2005. this hotel is everything you would want for your vacation. upon check in at the cairn croft on lundy's lane, after a long 12 hour ride from rhode island, i simply asked the nice lady at the front desk what my chances were of getting a free upgrade from a tower room(above the lobby and check in area, restaurant etc.) to a poolside/courtyard room, and thy was done!!! with no problems, no hesitation. we loved our end room overlooking the pool and courtyard, which is closed up tight at 10 pm and very quiet. there are tables and chairs outside each room soo you can sit out and still enjoy the quiet and the courtyard at night, or eat overlooking the pool, courtyard, gameroom, hot tubs, eatery area, etc.. upon leaving the hotel on the 20th, our car would not start and being 500 miles from home you get nervous and don' t really know what to do. the hotel desk picked up the phone with no problem made some calls, caa(aaa) was there within 10 minutes, yes folks, 10 minutes. the man was really nice to us, took our car to where he knew it would get fixed within that day, and it was fixed within 4 hours so we could get back home, when we were thinking we would have to stay another nite, with everything we had was packed in our car at the mechanic. my husband went with the tow truck and car and had to leave myself and son at the hotel (which i had already checked out of our room) the mechanic sent his wife back to the hotel with my husband to pick us up FREE of charge with no questions asked!!!! the people in canada are soooo wonderful, they help where help is needed with no problem. thank you ciarn croft for a wonderful stay and your help, thank you caa for prompt service thank you hockton's auto who fixed our car and got us on our way. you all made a nervous situation just go right. thank you again. canada and their people should be commended!!!!! by the way, lundy's lane is just like international drive in orlando, florida for those of you familiar with disney area. very safe. we walked around lundys lane at 10 pm to get some eats, drinks, etc...and again...everything ok. soo if you want a nice hotel, nice people, no worries...this is the hotel. thank you again.

Excellent reasonably priced hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NicholaB

Fairly central location. Good sized rooms, clean and staff very helpful.

Bar was like an old fashioned UK pub and was spacious with pool table - don't let the bar staff convince you have cocktails else you'll be fleeced!

Cost £62 for two nights booked on Expedia.

Felt Tropical

by TripAdvisor Member IMSHER

Stayed May 13-15/05 and had a wonderful time, was put in the guest house which I don't recommend, as you have to walk 60 steps outside in bathing suits to get to pool , but once inside the place is a delight, did ask to be moved inside but was told it was full. Anyways the place had the feel of going on a tropical vacation without the expense, the pool was about 90 degrees and had 2 hot tubs that were heated appropiately all this was surrounded by trees, fountains and birds singing, the rooms in this area are the ones you want!, it also has a kid's fun area and the bar was the place to be at night (if you don't mine being told the next day that the locals call it the Wrinkle ranch!) The ages in there are dependant on the guest, also had friends show up and hotel went out of it's way to accommadate them. I have been to a few hotels in the area that were closer to the falls, but would rather drive and park in a lot off main strip for about $5. (across from Hampton Inn, next to Casino)to go there as prices are alot better for everything else in this area which is about 10 mins away! Sherry King

Very good Experience

We recently visited Niagara falls during memorial day long weekend. I was traveling with my wife, my aunt and my little kid (2 and 1/2 year old). I am glad that I searched and read reviews over here at tripadvisor.com and booked a room at this hotel. I got a courtyard room which is opening right onto poolside, which is the best area of hotel. Room size was reasonable and service was pretty good. My kid really loved poolside fun and I think that is the best part of this hotel. Room was clean had refrigerator and coffeemaker. It would certainly help a great deal if they had microwave in the room. Parking and highspeed wireless internet was free and everything is nearby including pizzahut, drug store, grocery store, wendy's and 99 cent store.

The falls from here is about 1 mile away where we drove. I certainly recommend this to anybody with kids. It is a great place to stay with friendly staff.

certainly a better place to stay...

highly recommended particularly for families with kids.

Sid

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member f1luvr

We (me, spouse, 9 yr old boy) stayed here during our "detour" to Niagara Falls during our Toronto vacation. A pretty nice place - very friendly/courteous front desk staff, lovely decor in the lobby.

Room itself was your basic hotel room - not fancy, but nice. We had 1 King and a roll-away cot. The only thing I wish they did differently was the layout of the room - the sofa was on the same wall as the TV, making it impossible to watch TV while sitting on the sofa. I hate watching TV in bed and if the sofa was on the same wall as the bed, I could watch from there.

But nice and clean, the A/C mostly worked well (was very, very hot the day we were there - 30C and high humidity) and the boy LOVED the Nintendo in our room.

Probably would stay here again, but not sure if we'd actually go to Niagara Falls again.

Wonderful Indoor Tropical Experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member RebeccaSal

Our family stayed at this hotel during February 2005 winter break. Our kids (11 and 7) absolutely loved it!!! We stayed in an upstairs courtyard room, overlooking the pool and gorgeous foliage. They had an arcade area for the kids, a tube play area, the fabulous pool and 2 hot tubs, all just below our room. They had a table and chairs outside each room, so you could sit on the balcony overlooking the pool and play cards and games at night. The bistro/bar sold pocorn and slushies at very reasonable prices, which my kids loved. They had a large screen tv in the arcade area, where my 2 kids sipped their slushies and watched Disney movies. The pool was very warm and tropical, and it was tough getting my kids out of it. Forget seeing the sights of Niagara Falls; my kids would have opted for staying at the hotel 24/7 if we'd have let them! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We had dinner and breakfast here as well, and both were terrific. My daughter can't wait for February break again because we will definitely be back!!!

Underneath the FallsUnderneath the Falls

Rainbow BridgeRainbow Bridge

Another splendid viewAnother splendid view

BURGERS ANYONE?BURGERS ANYONE?

Accommodation in Niagara

by jrandria

I am planning to be in Niagara in mid August with my family (2 adults 2 children ages 6 + 8 years ) and I am looking for some reasonablly priced accommodation as close to the falls as possible in the range of about 100 Usd per night for one room that can take 4. Does anyone have any suggestions for me ?
Thank you.

Re: Accommodation in Niagara

by cleung

There are lots of hotel/motels in Niagara Falls for under $100 US. Try Destina.ca and they should be able to spit out a listing of reasonably priced hotels. Otherwise, the Choice hotels chain (Econolodge, Rodeway, Comfort Inn) is well represented there as well.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) Art

Re: Accommodation in Niagara

by Callieq

Hello,
I know your vacation is coming up, but here is some information incase you didn’t book your room yet. Some accommodations within walking distance to the falls that I would recommend would be either the Quality Inn or Comfort Inn in the Clifton Hill area. This area is touristy, but you can find good deals on these two hotels. They all have pools and breakfast/dinner packages. Also, I usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott… again, packages and pool. They are a bit out of the touristy area, and a nice walk to the falls, they also have a shuttle. I stay at the Courtyard because it is very clean and the staff is great! If you want something less expensive and don't mind using your vehicle, try a hotel a ways from the falls such as Best Western Cairn Croft. They also have packages/ a pool and a small arcade within the hotel. I've only been to Niagara in the fall and winter, but I do know that in the summer, prices can sky rocket around the falls. If you need any other info… more hotels, places to go Maid of the Mist is a MUST, restaurants… please don’t hesitate to e-mail me. Have a fabulous trip!

Comments