Brock Plaza Hotel

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Crowne Plaza

2 Night Hotel Package for 2 from $249.96
    (inc. meals)

Unique Quality: "Located in the heart of Niagara’s tourist district, beside Clifton Hill the Crowne Plaza hotel features direct indoor connections to the new Fallsview Indoor Waterpark and the recently renovated Casino Niagara making the hotel an ideal destination for guests of all ages"

Directions: The only hotel located directly across from the Falls

• Blanula's Profile Photo

Brock Plaza

We booked falls view room and at check in we were told that we were upgraded. I thought that they just say it to everybody but after entering the room (607) I could not believe our luck. The room was huge with enormous bed and Jacuzzi in the room. And the view was fantastic! The only think which would need done is the paint on the window in the bathroom.
    All the staff were friendly. On the 10th Floor is a restaurant with beautiful views. We didn’t have time to have a meal there but next time we would try it.
    If we were coming here in the future, we would definitely stay in Brock Plaza again.
    It's a pitty that I cannot download any photos to Virtual Tourist website because I could post here a view from our window... it was fabulous :)

Unique Quality: location, few minutes from the falls, next to the Casino and Cliffton Hill.

• musbars's Profile Photo

A look back in time

Located on Canadian side of the Falls. Name honours one of Canada's great heroes, Major General Sir Isaac Brock., commander of the British and Canadian forces during the early months of the War of 1812. The hotel is very old. For over 75 years hundred and thousands of people have made this hotel their home. Marilin Monroe, Walt Disney, Gene Autry, and princess Margaret ( sister of Queen Elizabeth II) and others stayed here.
    Located in the downtown area of the Falls, easy to access everything by walking. Rooms with city and Falls view, and US-Canadian border.

• Brijb20's Profile Photo

Falls View

This is a very grand hotel, ideally placed on Falls Avenue just by the Rainbow Bridge and American Falls. The views from the bedroom window were breathtaking.
    We visited in October 2000 on a package from England on a room only basis although they do have a restaurant open for breakfast lunch and dinner and a Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby.
    The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpfull
    Because we were on a package I don't know what the room rates were.
    Also very handy for all Niagaras attractions with direct access to Casino Niagara if that's your thing.
    I would recomend this as a place to stay and would be happy to do so myself again.

Unique Quality: It really does have an outstanding situation.

Directions: Right accross from Rainbow Bridge and the American Falls on Falls Avenue.

• joanj's Profile Photo

Good location

This hotel is well situated on the Falls Avenue, and across the road from the Rainbow Bridge" the bridge from Canada to the USA. There is also a duty free shop here at the customs post.

There is a charge to cross to the States,

There is the Casino Niagara right next door to the Hotel, with a connecting walkway between the two.

The Hotel is of the older variety, none-the-less very comfortable, with a gorgeous chandelier on the lobby floor.

The lifts are a little slow, there being only maybe 3 in all.

The Hotel is at the bottom of Clifton Hill , and across the road from the Brock Plaza there is the Secret Garden cafe, and the small gardens are beautifully laid out too. There is a fantastic view of both the American and Horseshoe Falls, and especially so from the Hotel's Restaurant, with windows all round,

I cannot give comparative prices, as we were on a package Canadian coast to coast tour and it was all included.

Unique Quality: Fantastic view of both the American and Horseshoe Falls, as well as the Rainbow Bridge

More about Brock Plaza Hotel

Great View!

by TripAdvisor Member hockeyfan23

They upgraded our room to a Fallsview Room with a King Bed. Very nice, and comfortable room.

The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, and the tub did not drain properly, but the room made up for that.

Would stay here again for sure.

Get the Water Park Package

by TripAdvisor Member Carbonguy

My wife and kids just loved our stay at the Niagara Falls Crown Plaza. We took advantage of the Water Park Package and used it to its fullest. The water park was just an elevator ride away from our room which added to the conveniance. When not splashing around in the water park, we took in the sights. This hotel is right at the centre of it all and so I did not need to drive anyplace which was good. Downtown Niagara Falls can be a nightmare to drive in and so I did not mind spending the $10 per day for parking. Finding this Hotel can be very difficult with all the traffic and distractions. The signs are not very clear. I ended up calling the Hotel and had one of their friendly staff talk me through the busy streets of Niagara. I would highly recommend for all keep the number on hand and make the call at the first sign of being lost. One wrong turn and you will be crossing the bridge to the US.

We had just a standard room with no real view. But this is what we wanted and the only time spent in the room was for sleeping. The room was very clean. It was a little on the small side but again, we used it for sleeping and the beds were big enough for two adults and two children and very comfortable. I really don't have any complaints about the room although a small fridge would have been nice for keeping drinks cold. Fortunately, we had a cooler and the ice machine worked just fine.

We did not eat at the restaraunt. The prices seemed a little steep at first but in hind sight as I look at my VISA bill, I would say the prices would be at par or better than other local restaraunts. If I was to do it again, I would probably try the restaraunt. We waited one hour to be seated at one of the local restaraunts and waited another hour to get our medicore meals. Hardly worth the $120. I wont give the name, but it had a big volcanoe on the roof!

I would highly recommend doing the water park in the early morning and later in the day. From noon to 6pm, it was very busy and there were line ups to the water slides. Early morning, from the time it opens, and from 6pm to closing its not as busy and there are no line ups. From noon to 6 pm I would concentrate on the sight seeing part of the trip. I found the water park very clean and alot of Lifeguard Staff on hand watching the kiddies. After it closes at 9:00 PM, you have enough time to get changed and run down to watch the fireworks over the falls at 10:00 PM.

The only other complaint I had, was the elevators. I found them to be slow at times. This was only I minor inconveniance. Overall, I would rate this hotel as excellent and highly recommend it to those with small kids looking for a fun getaway. The prices were very reasonable and the the staff was pleasant and very professional.

My kids said it was like they were staying in a castle!!.......need I say more!

Do not stay here

by TripAdvisor Member Goingplaces888

This was quite possibly the worst hotel stay in my entire life. I am a business traveller so I stay in a lot of different hotels. Everything with the hotel was average...the real surprise comes when you get billed. I was billed for a conference stay - two months later. A charge appeared on Visa and when I called the hotel to ask about it I got a 3 week run around. NObody knew what it was for. Finally I dealt with some rude managers who told me ' take it up with Visa'. I am still trying to get an invoice from them for the stay- It's August now. This hotel may charge you many months after you leave it- and you'll never get the money back-BEWARE

Great location but very small rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member tweeks1

Positives

The hotel is within walking distance to all major attractions. You are a 2 to 3 minute walk from Clifton Hill. If you don't know what Clifton Hill is please do your research. It is a street full of arcades, 3D and 4D rides, mini golf, etc. It is really fun but bring plenty of money. The hotel is also connected to a casino, water park, souvenir shops, Hershey store, etc. The hotel is also directly right across the street from the Falls. If you don't have a view from your room, you can literally cross the street and be right there. That is a definite plus. You can also catch the Maid of the Mist boat tour by crossing the street. Another cool aspect is you are also directly across the street from Rainbow Bridge. Rainbow Bridge connects Niagra, Ontario to Niagra, New York. You can drive across the bridge or you can choose to walk over the the US side of the falls (US side doesn't compare to the Canadian Side). We got the room on priceline for a great rate of 110 bucks a night. The rooms usually go for around 175-300 nightly. I really advise you go on priceline and place a bid. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping was good. There is an indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna, all which are very nice. The indoor pool was nice because it rained everyday we were there except one.

Negatives
The rooms are way too small. My family of four stayed in the room and it was really difficult getting around. The bathroom was more the size of a closet and there was only one shower no tub. The hotel is an older hotel which has a lot to do with the rooms being small. I don't advise a family of four to try and stay in a standard room you could make it work but it would be a struggle. There was no way 2 people could be up walking around the room at the same time without someone having to squeeze through. The worst part of the stay was the elevator. You have to wait at least 10 to 15 minutes for an elevator. The hotel stays extremely busy mainly because of the traffic to and from the waterpark. You also have to pay 10 dollars for parking daily which is billed directly to your room.

Overall

We liked the hotel because of the proximity to everything. We would stay there again if we got a great rate. I don't think it is worth full price because the rooms are so small. Some additional advice is that the area is extremely busy and catered to tourist. Food is very, very expensive at restaurants. It is not uncommon to pay 25 bucks for a chicken or pasta entree and 30-40 for steak and seafood. There is a burgerking and wendy's on Clifton hill which are also pricy but not too bad in comparison. We ate at Wendys for lunch and the ticket was 30bucks. Also anada has 15% sales tax which also makes everything very expensive. Prepare to spend a ton of money on food. Do not eat at the food court located in an atrium conected to the hotel because 2 tacos and a drink cost me 9 bucks takethe short walk to burger king or wendy's. Well that is all for now.

suite

by TripAdvisor Member CollsMTNesters

cannot beat the location, but does not offer much in the way of amenities for the price you pay. No breakfast and had to pay for parking and internet. The elevators are a joke, ended up walking down the steps to the garage as all of the elevators keep opening full to the brim. But you can't beat the location or view

Comments