2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino

Disappointed with Customer Service

We have not and will not actually stay at the Days Inn, Clifton Hill! Our booking dates were in October,2005 for two nights for 4 adults.
But I wanted to comment on the very poor customer service we experienced in the booking process. Our travel agent booked our accommodation several months ago and and after reading the reviews on tripadvisor( an invaluable site!) I requested that we definetly be booked into the Tower part of the hotel.
As the trip has been getting closer I felt the need to confirm that this request had been granted. My agent contacted them several times by fax and no reply. Finally phoned them and the lady was in the agents words " very unhelpful" - wanted him to ring back several hours later. When pressed for an answer she advised that we would have to wait until check in time to see if the Tower was available. I might add that we were willing to pay the extra charge if required. In addition I contacted the central Days Inn organisation myself by email and requested an urgent reply - to no avail! The result? Cancelled the booking and staying somewhere else!
Not nearly good enough service!! I will be advising everyone in Australia to not bother and to avoid! What a shame - could have been a nice experience at the hotel!!!

It was ok but disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member justfiona

The bathroom was tiny and there's no vanity, just a little tiny glass shelf. Linens were not ironed very well either.

They advertised a data port for the internet which is one reason why I picked this hotel. I had to do some work that weekend and brought my laptop. Yup, there was a data port in the lamp but it was not wired in to anything yet and the front desk had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about it!!!

There was also no coffeemaker in our room, tho it was advertised that way and the person who took my reservation on the phone said there was one.

The web site also advertised that there was coffee in the lobby in the morning. There wasn't. There was in the adjoining restaurant but you had to pay for it.

I complained and got a $40 voucher toward my next Days Inn stay, but that doesnt cover the inconvenience.

The balcony had a good view, although you couldnt sit down and see much because the front of the balcony wasnt transparent. Still, it was nice to stand out there and people-watch. Great location to the casino and Clifton Hill activities, but that's about it.

Just awful- Avoid it like herpes!!!

We booked the 3 rooms 4 months in advance. The pictures on the web looked great and figured that's where we were staying (in the hotel part)...but when we got there, they put us in the old part - a dingy, ghetto old motel - the doors to the rooms (which were tiny) lead outside. The first room had NO heat - it was freezing cold! The second room had junk on the ceiling! There was a glow in the dark eyeball and an orange gooey grabber hand! There were some other things stuck on the ceiling that we didn't know what they were! The third room had a dead, smashed fly on the window. We tried to use the phone to call other hotels, but the phone (and remote) were really sticky (and not in a good way). We went to the desk and upgraded to two"suites" which is where we wanted to stay in the first place. Nicer rooms, but the only mirror in the room is in the bathroom and we had to keep asking for towels. The staff seemed very annoyed that we complained about the filth we found in the original, unacceptable rooms. They made no effort toward any sort of compensation for the hassle of room switching, our complaints, disgust, and waste of time. Also, the parking lot is a parking garage...underground! AND, in addition to the room fees, you have to pay for parking for each vehichle each night (and we were charged for too many cars)! (--) Do yourself a favor and stay some place else!

Great!! Read me!!!

I booked a room in this hotel a few months in advance, then read reviews online saying that it was important to book a "tower" room. So I called the hotel and they told me that I had a room in the old part of the hotel, which I was not told when making the reservation (I didn't know there was an "old" part). So I payed the extra money for the room in the tower. This is an older hotel--it's just that they built a brand new part onto it. MAKE SURE that if youre staying here that you book a room in the tower for maybe $20 more. The motel part of it is gross and scary--but the new part is GORGEOUS. My boyfriend & I stayed here and had a room with 2 double beds. There was more than enough room for 2 people. Honestly, I think it is the largest standard hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room was clean, spacious, and was obviously brand new. The beds were comfy and was definitely worth the price ($95 a night?). It is located right on Clifton Hill which is basically where everything is to see. We never got in the car once the whole time; everything is in walking distance. TIP--don't eat at the Applebee's in the hotel. It is terribly overpriced and not very good. You could eat at a nicer restaurant for the price of Applebees. The staff was friendly and helpful. There's nothing bad to say about this hotel. WIll definitely be back!!

great experience glad we stayed in the tower!

My boyfriend and I go to Niagara Falls about three to four times a year we love it there.

When we go we always stay at different hotels, we have not really found one that impresses us much.

We went to this Days Inn (which is directly across from Casino Niagara) and loved it.
I just want to say though that when we arrived and saw the older part it is honestly scary, as people have said. It is in your best interest to make sure that when you book that they put you in the tower part. To tell you the truth they don't even compare.

We are going again on April 14th and as I mentioned earlier we never stay at the same place we always try different ones, but this time we have reserved once again at the same hotel (Days Inn acroos from the Casino Niagara). For your dollar it is the best price in Niagara Falls.

Try it you will not regret it.

Wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member chibrian79

We paid $45 CAD and got a huge, brand new room that had a distant view of the falls. The staff was very nice, parking was $10 CAD (unlimited in and out) and it is right across the street from the Casino Niagara. The bathtub was HUGE and really nice after a chilly damp day out and about.

We normally stay in higher end hotels, but we were just making a quick stop over night. We were so happy with the hotel, we will definitely stay there next time we're in Niagara Falls.

Unbelievable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Daisy067

We booked in a the days inn and our stay was great. The front desk was helpful, the restruant was excellent. We booked a 2 night package with attraction coupons. THe hotel was clean, frinedly and well worth the money.

I would advise any one to stay.

Don't Stay Here

As a manager for another hotel I stayed in this accommodation. I was frequently disappointed by the staff at this location. On more than one occasion myself or a member of my party was almost rammed down by a staff member wheeling carts out the front door. Never were we apologized to, nor did the staff member even attempt to make eye contact with us.

When asking questions at check in we were frequently cut off, cut short or just plain interrupted by the front desk staff. We would explain our situation and the staff member would leave to answer the phone and would then reappear asking “how can I help you?” I found this to be very annoying.

When asked for a simple thing such as “to go cups” for our coffee we were instructed that can’t be done and there was no way we could be helped.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel!

Not too clean

When you pull up to this hotel it looks great from the front. Apparently, the front (hotel) portion has recently been renovated and it looks very nice. However, if you get a "good deal" on the room rate, you will more than likely be in the courtyard (motel) portion, which is a disaster. The room was dank and filthy and for a non-smoking room had a horrible smell of smoke. The bed comforters are disgusting! The curtains (which match the comforters) are equally as bad. The walls look like they haven't been painted in years. The lampshades have big stains on them (I still cannnot figure out how they got there). The bathroom had mold and dirt in between the tiles (some of which were broken). Basically, if you want a CLEAN room in this place, you are going to have to pay more for it. And that is such a shame that you have to pay just for cleanliness. The pool and jacuzzi area are small but nice. I felt more comfortable there than in my own room. So we were only in the room for less than 6 hours to sleep and then we couldn't get out of there fast enough!

great!

I loved this hotel! We stayed for a weekend with a promotion coupon to stay and eat. Our room was in the tower part of the hotel it was new, big and clean.

Close by the Fall from the BoatClose by the Fall from the Boat

Rainbow Bridge & RainbowRainbow Bridge & Rainbow

I cant stop seeing the falls! :))I cant stop seeing the falls! :))

Niagara Falls, ONNiagara Falls, ON

Info on Table Rock Restaurant Please

by orlandoglobetrotter

I heard about a place that is supposed to have the closest views to the falls of any restaurant in town. However, I don't want view at the expense of service or food quality. Does anyone know anything about this restaurant? Would you recommend it?

by fallsguy

It is quite good, but fairly expensive as you are paying for exclusive view. Make sure that you make reservations. You can do it online.

by orlandoglobetrotter

Thanks. If I was atill interested in a restaurant with a view of the falls and it didn't have to be right on top of the falls, is there a place anyone would recommend for a more moderate price?

by loose_motion

Table Rock Cafe's the only restaurant near the falls. There are however a couple of grab and go joints and a tim hortons adjacent to the restaurant.

You could grab something to go and sit on the lawns opposite the falls .There is also an elevated sitting area & is perfect for viewing the falls. You have lots of options once you get to the falls !

by fallsguy

Across and down from Table Rock is Edgewaters Tap & Grill. It has an outdoor, enclosed patio on the 2nd story with a panoramic view of both Falls. There are several Fallsview restaurants up on the escarpment in the hotels: A Cut Above Steak House in the Sheraton Fallsview, the Keg in Embassy Suites, and several at Fallsview Casino.

by orlandoglobetrotter

The Edgewater Tap and Grill may be just the ticket. I'm looking for someplace that the dress code, price, and atmosphere is more like an Applebee's, Friday's, Chili's type place and less like the Waldorf Astoria. Does that describe this place? My ideal would be $20 per person or less ($15 or less would be even better). Thanks...

by orlandoglobetrotter

Thanks. That was just the ticket. I called and it's for me. I made my reservation. VT is so great!

Comments