5068 Centre Street, Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2G 3N9, Canada

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

• wlightfoot's Profile Photo

Great location!

The Days Inn Niagara Falls on Centre Street was a great location! Upon arrival, they had a couple of Lion cubs down in the Lobby for the kids to pet!

More about Days Inn & Suites By the Falls

Simple and Sweet

by TripAdvisor Member pburgher

Stayed at this Days Inn because I decided to save some money and not stay at the bigger hotels right at the falls. If you don't care about being able to see the falls out your window and you don't need the fanciest room, this hotels is for you sweet and simple. You get free parking (the other big hotels charge between $18-$20 a day) and you really won't be driving because it is literally one block from all the action on Clifton Hill and a couple more blocks to the falls and casinos. They offer free continental breakfast (coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc.) which I enjoyed on my last day there. If you want a hearty breakfast there is a diner across the street which is ok and lots of other places within walking distance. The room was very basic, neat and clean and only a couple of years old. If I wasn't on a budget, I probably would have stayed at one of the bigger hotels at the falls but I saved over $200 and it suited me just fine.

Great Location

I dont know why anyone would complain considering the price. This hotel was right in the heart of all the action. Casino Niagara was across the street! Clifton Hill within walking distance. The room was a nice size. Bathroom was modernized; pillows were fine. The only time you should be in your room is to sleep! too much to see and do in Niagara Falls to look for flaws in your hotel room. Just an FYI that you will pay $10 for parking when you register at the hotel.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member brendadano

Had a great trip, but when arriving the A/C was not working, after asking3 times for it to be fixed, finely at 11:30 pm they put in a new one, cool the nest of stay. The second choice for breakfast was not great, stay at Days Inn for breakfast, much cleaner. This is a great place, quiet, clean and close to everything.

Just Fine

If you're staying in Niagara at a Days Inn, make sure you have a decent map because there are a number of Days Inns in and around Niagara Falls (both in New York and Ontario). This particular Days Inn was just fine. It seemed pretty new and was within walking distance to everything in Niagara. The parking was gated for only guests to keep out the hoodlums. The staff was helpful, however I did not like the person trying to sell tours sitting in the lobby. She referred to the walk from the Falls back to the hotel as "grueling", which it definitely wasn't. The tour she was selling was also $150 a person for a day, while you could do the same things on your own for less than $50. Parking is about $5 at most places in Niagara, but this hotel's parking is convenient enough for you to walk to all the attractions. It makes me think less of Days Inn for allowing this idiotic tour company to sell tours in their lobby, but otherwise it's a clean, pleasant hotel. It's location is also good, it's not on the seizure-inducing mainstreet in Niagara, but close enough. I would stay here again.

Good Location, Good Hotel, Good Price

by TripAdvisor Member glen65

We stayed at this tell with another family from July 27th through the 29th. It is in a great location right at the top of the Clifton Hill area (about 3 or 4 blocks to the falls and a block to the eating places and tourist traps). Our room was the 2 room suite. The living room has a TV, Table and 2 chairs, a pull out couch, coffee table, and a small sink, microwave, and fridge. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that our no smoking room had been smoked in. There was a sign saying if you smoked in a non smoking room, you would be charged an extra $100 dollars. I hope they got it from the people before us.
Anyway, the bathroom was large, bright, and clean. The bedroom was nice too. There were 2 double beds, a desk and chair, TV, and the usual dresser. The kids and wife slept in the bedroom and I slept on the pull out in the living room. Their beds were very comfortable but the pullout was uncomfortable. I blame that on the hotel. I’ve never stayed on a pull out that was comfortable.
The free continental breakfast they offer is very popular with the guests and the lines to get at the food can be up to 10 minutes. The continental breakfast was basic but good. The kids swam in their indoor pool. The pool was nice, but smelled like it was way over chlorinated. My daughter’s ears were burning when she got out. The kids wanted to go into the hot tub but we wouldn’t let them since some parents were just in there with their kids in diapers. Who knows what was in that hot tub! The next day, it was emptied out. I don’t know if it was because of them or just part of the normal maintenance.
Overall, the experience there was very good. The rooms were clean, the service was good, the price was very good, and the location was great.

Horrible experience

by TripAdvisor Member doodlebug914

We stayed here the second night of our stay in Niagara Falls and I wish we hadn't stayed here at all. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Clifton Hill the first night and had a great experience - see that review if needed.

This hotel is in a decent location steps away from Clifton Hill and just down the hill to the falls. We had easy check in, but had difficulty getting into the small parking lot in the front of the hotel on Centre Street. Our room was tiny, hardly any room to walk around at all. One queen bed occupied 90% of the room. The bathroom was tiny as well. We drove down to the base of the hill to see about getting the Great Gorge Adventure pass, and we drove back 10 minutes later and couldn't find a spot in the small front Centre Street lot so we parked in the back lot. All entrances to their lots have key card entry and miniscule gates.

There is a bar across the street with an open patio, and we were kept awake until at least 3am on a Tuesday night... it felt like there were no walls at all, everything was so loud.

My husband went to get the car in the morning to pull it around to pack up around 10:30am, and he found the gates to the parking lot broken, and the passenger mirror to our new 2005 car that we've had one month was broken, lying on the ground. He came back to our room to tell me what happened and did not move the car. I immediately call the front desk to tell them what happened, they put me on hold, talk to a manager, and then come back to tell me that it's not their responsibility and that's that. I ask to speak to the manager and am very upset. The manager says she didn't know that the gates were broken, to stay in my room, and she will call me back in less than 5 minutes. Almost a half hour goes by and my husband and I take our belongings to wheel them around back to the car. We find a hotel worker outside with the broken gates in his hand and the gates have been fixed as if nothing happened. I am furious, it appears that the hotel is trying to cover up what happened and the manager had not bothered to call me back. Luckily we have a digital camera and my husband had taken pictures of everything before it gets fixed. We go inside and I meet the manager and she tries to act like everything is fine and "she had to fix the gate so other people couldn't get into their parking lot" as if anyone checked it at all, it's 11am and they didn't even know it was broken. She refuses to cover any damages to our vehicle, stating that it's not their responsibility (although we are on their property and their gates were broken and they didn't even know about it???) There are "apparently" cameras on the other two gates to the parking lot, but not one on this gate that is the furthest away from the hotel entrance - how bizarre and convenient. We called the police to get a report per my insurance company and the police officer acted like we were a bother to even call. The manager gave us a coupon to get a free breakfast across the street while we were waiting for the police as if that was any compensation. She wouldn't give me any information for her superiors so I can try to get this matter resolved, and I am still unsure what to do.

This hotel was absolutely horrible. Please save yourself the hassle and stay away!!!

Great place to stay

We stayed here for 4 nights starting July 20 and found the hotel to be a great location. Just one road up from the Clifton Hill area you are within walking distance of everything if you don't mind walking up Clifton Hill. We up graded to a whirlpool room with king bed which was really nice at the end of the day. The room was large and well layed out with fridge & microwave in the room. The double whirlpool could have used more than the eight jets it had but still was nice. The room was clean and the staff was overly friendly. The free parking was a bonus. We were only booked for three nights at first but decided to stay Saturday night too. The front desk quickly took care of this for us and we didn't even have to change rooms. I would stay here again. The only major beef I have is with all the hotels in the area not just this hotel, why does the accomodation price go up on Friday night and then up again on Saturday night, are they not both weekend nights? Just as much stuff if not more goes on Friday night as Saturday night.

Great hotel IF you take my advice

We stayed here August 17 & 18 based on this site's reviews. This is a really decent hotel if you request one thing when you make reservations: The NEW wing. This hotel has two wings; an older one with three floors, and a newer one with six. I highly recommend the new wing. If you get the older wing, be sure to reserve a room with 2 beds! Also, you can't get to the new wing from the old one, and some people were confused about where their rooms were because there are floors 1-3 in BOTH wings. Smoking and non-smoking is done by floor.
My husband and I were at the Falls with a bunch of family, and we had four rooms for everyone. We had reserved a room with 2 queen beds, one with 1 king and a sleeper sofa, and 2 rooms with 1 queen bed each, for $119/night CAD. We had the room with 1 queen, and heed my warning: do not reserve a room with 1 queen unless you want a converted closet. We had the smallest room I have ever seen in my life, and the second one across the hall was even a tiny bit smaller. Those were rooms 304 and 305-stay away! I honestly think these two rooms were converted janitors closets. I didn't take any photos of the small rooms, I was too upset, but trust me that they are TINY (very, very clean, though).
We asked to be moved the second night, and we were. They put us in two new rooms on the 6th floor (non-smoking) with 2 queen beds in each. These rooms were beautiful, and about 5 times bigger than the old rooms. I've included photos of the room we were in. The decor was nice, new furniture, big fridge, coffee maker, desk, table, 2 beds, good lighting, nice bathroom which was squeaky clean, and a great shower/tub. Housekeeping here does a really good job (the king with a sleeper was a really nice room as well). See the photos of the 2 queens beds in the new wing, please ignore the person on the bed! One photo of part of Clifton Hill.
The pool here is decent in my opinion, indoor and heated (but not really warm, which is fine) and they have a really comfortable hot tub. They offer a continental breakfast which is very good, and I suggest you use it because restaurants in Niagara are VERY expensive. Days has cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, pastries, juice, coffee, milk etc...
Parking at the hotel is free, and I didn't see any problems with the gate or parking lot itself, and we had 3 cars. It's not really a gate, just one of those arms like at toll booths, and you swipe your room key to get in.
The location is pretty good, just be aware that when they say it's in Clifton Hill, they mean it really is a hill. Days is at the top of it, and the falls at the bottom. It's not a long walk, but it's a very long, steep hill. We had someone in a Lark, and it's do-able, but the sidewalks are not all that wheelchair friendly. Everything you could want is within 5 minutes of the hotel, and Clifton has everything you can imagine. It's like Vegas, South of the Border, and Disney/Universal all in one. There are so many things like restaurants, souvenir shops, wax museums, haunted houses, mini-golf, observation towers, rock legend museums, a few rides here and there, it's crazy to see at first.
I would consider staying here again, as long as I could be in the new wing. Make sure you request that, and I think you'll be happy with this hotel, because it was good overall.

Comments