Fallsview Inn

More about Fallsview Inn

Lovely roomLovely room

Beautiful swirlsBeautiful swirls

Journey Behind the FallsJourney Behind the Falls

As the water flows inAs the water flows in

Need alot of help for Niagara falls and some attractions/hotels.

by Jmoney080

I am planning to go to niagara falls this weekend. I have read the reviews to stay away from the cheap and tacky "sideshows" on clifton hill. Although some sound interesting, my main point of visiting is to visit the falls itself and to go to the fallsview casino. I am 20 years old and i'm from the states. Im a huge poker player and cant play poker in the states because the current gambling age is 21. Anyways my main question(s) is....Can anyone possibly give me any reviews on the Fallsview Inn, it is located on Stanley Ave approx. 2 blocks from the falls. Looked all over the internet and couldnt find any reviews for the place. I reserved their "honeymoon suite", the usual, jacuzzi in the room 2 breakfast for 2, dinner for 2, and a bottle of champagne. So could anyone possibly help me out with that??

Also, i am going to the poker room at the fallsview casino, i was wondering what the approx. wait time is on a saturday night and if the have daily tournaments there or is just all cash games, website doesnt say much about tournaments. Would it make any sense to go to the casino around like 6 or 7 in the morning or is it entirely too dead to go at that time. Can anyone help me out? Thanks alot

RE: Need alot of help for Niagara falls and some attractions/hotels.

by zushness

Hi,

I would recommend looking for accommodation on the American side (not the Canadian). You get better deals (especially now that the Canadian dollar is so high).

Good luck!!!

RE: RE: Need alot of help for Niagara falls and some attractions/hotels.

by zushness

And... the taxes are higher here.

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Niagara and Region

by sunnywong

The Niagara Parkway follows the edge of the Niagara Gorge from Fort Erie at south to Niagara-on-the-Lake on north.

Niagara-on-the-Lake. At the mouth of the Niagara River, this beautifully preserved resort town is often described as a "mini Colonial Williamsburg".

Welland Canal Lock 3 Complex provides a viewing platform as well as a museum, an information centre, gift shop and restaurant. Continue along the Canal to the town of Welland and view one of the world's largest outdoor art galleries, featuring 28 giant murals depicting Welland's heritage.

Cosmic Mini Golf!

by kazander

Mini Golf in blacklight!? Yippee! Well Lou simply cannot pass up some mini golf while we are on vacation, so when we passed by Cosmic Golf on our way up Clifton Hill, we just HAD to pop in. FYI there is what appears to be a bigger better course just around the corner called Dinosaur Park Mini Golf. Cosmic gives you coupons for $2 off each game over at Dinosaur. We were pooped otherwise we would have played some more. Glow in the dark putters and balls are given to you so you can find your way around in the blacklight. (Be careful the orange and pink balls looks quite similar in thses lighting conditions!)
$8.99 CAN

Niagara Falls Taxi

by Shelly87

The best way to get around Niagara Falls is by taxi. A taxi can take you anywhere you want to go, but the ride doesnt come cheap, you got to pay your way around. While I was up here I travelled mostly on a grey hound and a taxi. So if you have your own car, than thats great. And when you take a taxi dont forget to say "I took a taxi it -- it-- was easy" - Pumpkin

Great Neighbourhood Italian Restaurant

by travelgirl3 about Mick & Angelo's

Mick & Angelo's is a very relaxed, comfortable place. The place is huge, with more tables around every corner, so although it was busy, we never felt crowded or rushed. The menu is mostly Italian, but both the menu and decor had a refreshing splash of Mexican added in for fun. Unfortunately, we were there in March, so weren't able to sit on the large patio to the side of the restaurant. They also have a 100 seat 'Party room' suitable for sports banquets, or even an informal wedding reception. We tried our best to try it all, and everything was excellent. Portions were very large, and a lot came home with us for a nice meal later that week. The pasta dishes were served with a starter of soup, which was a meal in itself, along with garlic bread! Our favourites were the Escargot, excellent Caesar salad, and Cheese Canneloni.

The Goats Cheese Rocked

by JennysTravels about Canyon Creek Chophouse

Located in the Casino Fallsview this new steakhouse offers views of both falls through several trees. The decor dark wood, low lights, waiters in black, soft music playing. The service was great and the food was good. Not excellent, just good. For apps we had the warm goat cheese (which was amazing), a warm spinach dip, and bacon wrapped scallops. All was yummy. I ordered the 14oz New York cooked medium rare, with a loaded backed potato. The steak was cooked to my liking but not much taste. I added some steaksauce and salt. We had a bottle of wine which started at $45CDN. My friend picked up the tab, but this place is a little expensive for me. I wouldnt mind the price if the food was brilliant.

Comments