Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls

Great Wolf Lodge
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 106% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Not bad at all

We decided to go here instead of going to our annual trip to the CNE. The kids loved it. The water park is well kept, the towels are free and it's great to know that the water is salt water.

The only problem was the food in the dinning room (All you can eat buffet). Even the kids commented that the food had no taste. It dosen't help that I'm a chef but for the price they are charging for the food could have some taste. The chilli was tastless. They had dry chicken covered in some kind of sauce that had no taste. The soup of the day was saltier than the water in the water park. Deserts were limited to some kind of cakes and icecream. For $21.99 per person I would have rather drove to Niagra Falls and had dinner there or ordered in pizza.

Unique Quality: The water park was not that busy but the slides were slow. I guess for safty they allow only one tube at a time to go down so you have to wait until the ride is over. But the slides are great.

• Trisha12's Profile Photo

GREAT Wolf Lodge

My stay at Great Wolf Lodge was unforgettable. It was the perfect place to stay, for my grade 8 trip. The rooms had a cottage rustic feeling, and the lobby was to die for. We had fun in the whole place. The service was better then the service we had recieved in Toronto. The rooms made us feel like we were at our own cottages, but had high class service.

Unique Quality: At Great Wolf Lodge there are many activities that kept us busy. It was full with a basment arcade, waterpark, gift shop, store, and one of the most tasteful breakfeast buffets I have ever had. The pool area has water slides for all ages. A kiddy pool is available for children who are just beginning to swim. The hot tub is outside, along with the outdoor pool. The indoor pool is heated and the facilities by the pool side are well kept. The arcade is filled with games for all ages, and I would want to go again sometime, it was a really good stay.

• Great Winter Getaway!

The middle of winter, snow flying all over the place, temperatures below -30 celcius with the wind chill and we are in our bathing suits being flushed down the Vortex!!!! This place is truly amazing!
    The minute you walk in you will be impressed and the kids will be amazed.
    I cannot say enough about the rooms, the waterpark, the staff, the food...you have to experience it for yourself! The water park has something to please everyone, all ages, sizes, shapes and attitudes. Nice big slides, water roller coaster, giant toilet sort of flushing ride for the big kids, a wave pool for everyone, lots of kiddie slides for the little ones and a lazy river to just float around to relax. They give you a wristband that takes care of everything..with your bathing suit and wristband you are good for the day. It acts as a key and credit card/money....very convenient! The fridge and microwave in the room is great for those on a budget for every meal. We had hot dogs and chips for dinner in our room, saves a ton of money. We did eat once at the buffet and it was pretty average price ...family of 4 for under $70 is pretty good in Niagara Falls. Go in the winter on a typical school day and you will escape the crowds and the prices are fantastic! Monday night in February was great for us...pretty much had the place to ourselves, no line ups. At one point it was just my family of 4 in the wave pool!
    The only complaint I have is that their heating system is noisy..pretty much drowns out everything when it kicks on and if you are a light sleeper you might not get a whole lot of sleep. And not sure what the logic was putting the sink outside of the bathroom but I didnt quite like that. Middle of the night handwashing woke everyone up.
    I highly recommend every family experience this place, it really is great fun!!

Unique Quality: The rooms are incredible! We had the least expensive room and it had 2 queen beds, a sofa bed/sitting room, fridge, microwave, balcony..everything you need. We peeked in at the more expensive suites that have the kids bunk beds and fireplace...look nice but for the amount of time you are in your room I dont think I would spend the extra..but thats just me.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Great for Families

New hotel/indoor and outdoor water park. I have never stayed here. It opened spring 2006. I've heard wonderful things about this place. Perfet for famililies, even has a huge conference centre for business.

Unique Quality: Indoor waterpark.

Directions: Check out their amazing website.

More about Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls

Had a blast, can't wait to go again

by TripAdvisor Member jmcrowe3

In June we took our family to Niagara Falls for a mini vacation. We spent the first night on Clifton Hill and had a great time. The second day we spent at The Great Wolf Lodge and had a blast. This place is amazing and although expensive I think that it was well worth the money. I wish that their cheapest room was even cheaper so that more families could experience it. We spent all afternoon in the water park, great exercise having to climb 5 sets of stairs to the amazing rides. I was impressed with the amount of lifeguards they had on staff and having one right at the exit door is an excellent idea. I felt safe allowing my older kids to roam the indoor park without having eyes on them at all times. In the evening we spent some time in the arcarde and then in the front lobby for the amazing story time. You get to go there in your pj's with your blanket- very interactive and great for the kids. The rooms were large and comfortable and offered more then I had expected. If you choose the cheapest rate room with no balcony or patio be warned that these rooms are located the farthest away from the water park. Loved the idea that your room key was on your wrist band and that you could charge anything to your room with them too. The only disappointing thing about Great Wolf Lodge was the food and the price of it- mediocre and expensive. They had only been open for about 6 weeks when we went so I am hoping that there is room for improvement for when we return in October.

Special memories made!

Choosing the Great Wolf Lodge was a terrific decision! Typically, our family would search for more economical accomodations. However, we were taking this vacation with our older children...ages 11 and 14. Feeling as they one day may not choose to vacation with Mom and Dad and in such a young geared and fun environment....we spent the extra money to stay at this wonderful facility! Our kids were taken back...they walked toward the front entrance...opened the doors and were oohing and aawing!!! Yes, even at their age, they appreciated the young at heart atmosphere and allowed themselves to be kids and they truly enjoyed it. We loved making these special memories with them as well. The water park easily fits the needs of older children as it does the younger tots. Staff was courteous and they even sung a unique version of Happy Birthday for our 14 year old daughter one morning during breakfast! It was great! It goes without saying...the facility is beautiful, interactive with the animals and such in the lobby, is grand in size, and a great place to stay!

Never told breakfast was included?

by TripAdvisor Member IMSHER

Great Waterpark area, rooms pretty nice, front desk sign in -not the greatest, never told breakfast was included and since we booked the one night, just to check-out the hotel ,we had to be out of ours rooms by 11 and housekeeping was knocking at 10:30 we just got packed up and while my husband went golfing and could just grab something there, we stayed at hotel for use of the waterpark, as we went to see Avaia the night before and didn't get the chance to check it out till then, so therefore we spent a small fortune at the restaurants around the pool area, also was told it was $8 dollars a person to do the mini-putt ,so why has someone said they got it included at no extra charge?, when my husband got back he was given the evil eye as he didn't want to where his wristband, bright purple to play golf in, but they didn't end up just asking him, they just stared at him, may want to try a lighter colour wristband as kids don't mind walking around with it ,but doesn't look the greatest when your all dressed up and going elsewhere!

waters park great

by TripAdvisor Member matthewg

I stayed here at the beginning of July with two children aged 9 and 13 years. They loved the water park and the games room but i was surprised that we had to pay for the kids club.

The family room was great and very spacious, the only problem we had was with the food I felt that 10 was a young age for childs meal cutoff, and not a great choice of restaurants. The eating place in the water park was very poor food and very expensive.

I would return but would bring my own food for breakfast and lunch and eat out at night as the dinner was not much different for the lunch buffet.

have to do it at least once

by TripAdvisor Member lovetwogo

love d the rooms and the resort, my only concerns were the food at the buffet, some of it was cold, not warm but cold..ie/ the mac and cheese, roasted potatoes and the baked chicken were all cold and they were definitely supposed to be hot items, also had some problems with the service at the camp critters bar and grill, it is open until midnight and we went there at 1030, there was only one server at the bar serving the five or so customers seated at the bar, there were four tables of people that came in approximately when we did and we waited 20 minutes before anyone came from the back to wait on us, her excuse was that they were working in the back and had been told that no one else would be seated for the night, I found that strange since there was still 1.5 hours before they closed, we ordered nachos and some virgin drinks for the kids, another 20 minutes before the nachos came out .....cool to the touch......no signs of our drinks, our waitress asked if we had not received our drinks yet and she said she had told the server at the bar to make them because she didn't know how, five more minutes and someone else made the drinks, one of the tables of people got up and left, they were tired of waiting....I don't expect instant service especially if a place is busy but the place wasn't busy and 45 minutes is a little long to wait for drinks,.....anyways the kids had a blast at the waterpark and they do have some good organized activities during the day

Great Wolf Lodge Niagara

by anglee127

"Perfect Bonding for Friends and Family"

The first time I visited GWLNF in Family Day weekend of 2008, I was amazed of how huge the indoor resort was. I really had a great time there and I love the water rides especially the Vortex, Niagara Rapids and the Wooly Mammoth. Or you can try of those not so scary rides intended for kids and those kids at heart if you're a little chicken for a little adrenaline rush in your gut. The room rates was a bit pricey but can accommodate up to 4 people. If your a group of 4 you can just share for the cost of the room. If really on a tight budget you should go on a weekday since room rates are cheaper. Oh by the way, entrance to the water park for 4 people is included in your room rate. No need to bring towel since there is a n abundant supply of fresh towel in the room and waterpark. The food is awesome and a little reasonable I guess, considering that it's a buffet. If you're on a budget you can just ordered from the Pizza Hut or you can bring your own food and just nuke it on the microwave oven that is provided in the room. Check-in time to your room is 4PM but you can come early if you want, and just stay in the waterpark. All you have to do is check-in in the counter and you'll be given a wrist key which serves as your entrance ticket to the waterpark, your locker key in the changing room and your door key as well, Just don't forget to have it programmed on the counter so you can use it as a key to your room.

Niagara Falla, Canada

by Trisha12

"School Trip destination."

When I went to Niagara Falls, it was the perfect school trip destination. We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge, which was complete with both an arcade and waterpark. We went to Main Street at the Falls and Marine Land. Main Street is a trip in itself. It was fun, and there was many things to do there that kept us busy. The wax musem felt so real. I went back again in March, and had the same amount of fun I had the first time. I would go again and again.

• Sep 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Does anybody use a day passes under somebody else's name? I have a 4 day passes (letter) that I bought for $100, but there was the original owner printed on it. It was given to her as a complimentary that she could use until april 2014, due to the 2 water slides had a leak during their stay.
    She said that she phone them and said that it's no problem she could give it to anybody, but I just dont wanna travel more than 2 hours just to find out that I wouldnt be able to use it since the passes is not under my name.