Hampton Inn North Of The Falls

Travelocity Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Budusa's Profile Photo

NIagara's Best

About 3 k from the falls, the Hampton Inn issues passes for a shuttle which takes you to the falls and eliminates the problem and expense of parking a car. It is within walking distance of the Walk, a very pleasant walk along the rapids; the Buddha Temple; Sovenir City-usual stuff but also has a glass blowing studio which is interesting; not far from the cable ride which has been in service since 1916.
    The hotel has very comfortable beds, that's why we like Hampton. Also the usual amenities.
    It was a clean hotel and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Tours can be booked at the hotel and hotel pickup and return.

Unique Quality: A pool was available but we did not use it.

Directions: easy to find on River Rd

More about Hampton Inn North Of The Falls

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member Stefan_Toronto

For the time of year we stayed at, it was a great price. We paid around $200 for a 2 night weekend. It's only a 5 min drive to downtown Niagara falls, plus they have free shuttle buses throughout the day. Room was very nice and the breakfast had a good selection of food. We got the dinner special, but later realized it wasn't worth it.

WOW! What a difference!

by TripAdvisor Member happytravelfamily

We stayed at this hotel last year and we really liked it, so we booked here again. Wow! What a difference! They had started some small renovations when we last visited, but you should see it now. New management has come in and TOTALLY updated the place. The bedding in particular is simply luxurious! Every area of the hotel we saw has been completely re-done. It feels like it's brand new. Very clean and inviting.

Good Overall Value

by TripAdvisor Member ladyj07

We stayed May 18-20, 2007. Our room was nice and clean (beds where very comfy). The staff was pleasant and helpful. Pool/hot tub was nice for the kids also. We enjoyed our stay. Its a good value especially the included breakfast and free shuttle to the falls. Saved us a lot of $$ for parking & eating out for breakfast (which can get expensive in Niagara Falls). Would definitly stay here again.

Practical and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member sexy69

Although this hotel is far from the centre of the action, a short taxi ride will get you where you want to go in no time. It is about $10.00 from the Hampton Inn to the Clifton hill area and all the gaudy attractions it has to offer. My get-a-away was mainly to visit the casinos and thus did little touring around. The Hampton is clean comfortable and affordable. The room we stayed in was basic and is more then enough for a weekend trip. The beds are really comfortable and the breakfast they provide in the morning is a nice touch. The breakfast is nothing to elaborate but it is enough to give you a good start to the day. I didn’t have time to check out the pool area since I also booked an appointment at the aveda spa at the double Tree and used their pool facilities instead. I should say I’m a blind traveler but I had my sighted partner with me so I really can’t say much on the service aspect of the hotel. The front desk did call a taxi for me when requested to take me to the Aveda spa and they did provide me with a toothbrush and shaving kit when we returned late at night. Overall, a great stay and I would go back there in a minute. I have booked for my next trip to NF the double Tree just to compare.

Great beds! Crazy heart shaped whirlpool tub not my thing, though...

by TripAdvisor Member kcjones

We have stayed at this hotel before, so decided to visit again as we drove from Cleveland to Toronto. We arrived late in the evening, and I was surprised that our room had a heart shaped whirlpool tub next to the bed!

We had not requested that, and the downside is that the bathroom ends up with the sink area open to the room, and a very small shower stall/toliet area (with a door) next to the sink.

If I was in my 20's that heart tub MIGHT have been a blast, but in my 40's, after a loooong day of work and driving, I was not in the mood! Looking back, we were tired and just wanted to sleep.
Besides, we were there just as a stopover, if we had been staying more than one night we would have changed rooms.

The bed was GREAT!!! Probably the best hotel mattress I've ever slept on, and it was huge, seemed even bigger than a king size.

The shower stall was awkward, very small space with no shelves large enough to hold my shampoo bottle - I had to put it on the floor outside of the shower curtain.

But we got what we wanted, a great night's sleep! The breakfast room is very large, and the offerings were all fresh and well maintained by the attendant, who we tipped - she was working
hard since it was crowded.

I'd stay here again, but I'll make sure I trade the heart tub for a regular bathroom!

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mollycatvirginia

We just returned from our stay at the Hampton Inn North at Niagra Falls Canada. The hotel staff was friendly at all times, the rooms were immaculate and clean, the beds were super comfortable. We took their shuttle back and forth to the Falls area (only about a mile or so away) every day with no problems. Even though we had our own vehicle, after taking the shuttle once, we stayed with that and never moved our car. Parking around the hotel was free. We didn't get a "package tour", we took the shuttle to the Falls and just walked up and bought our tickets for the boat ride. We ate at Kelsey's which was great, and even though eating out is more expensive, there are still good places to eat for a reasonable rate. Just walk around the Capital Hill area and you will find them. The Imax movie of the Falls was a disappointment though and frightened my small granddaughter so wish we had done something different. The hotel offers a free Continental breakfast which was good and an attendent was there at all times to keep it clean and re-filled. The hotel is just a great place to stay and a lot cheaper than staying across from the Falls, but with great amenities. If I ever go back, this is the only place I'll stay.

Clean, Quiet, Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member wesley1982

We stayed at the Hampton Inn North Niagra Falls June 9-11, 2007. The lobby is clean. The staff is pleasant. The rooms are big, comfortable, and clean. The pool and hot tub (on the second floor)are really nice and open a lot of hours. There is a balcony outside of the pool with lounge chairs. There is an exercise room with a video screen. The breakfast had an assortment of items including eggs and sausage.Free coffee in this room all the time. There is a shuttle that runs to the casino every hour and returns on the half hour. This service is free. Once at the casino, you can walk to the other parts of the falls/Clifton Hills area. We found three restaurants within walking distance of the Hampton Inn North. This area is quiet even though the White Water Walk is across from the motel. A buddist temple is beside the motel(free tours for this). We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Clean and Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SightSeeingSanJose

We stayed at the Hampton Inn-North Of The Falls, Ontario on June 7, 8, 9, 2007. It is a clean and comfortable hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel offers free parking and a complementary continental breakfast. The breakfast is just so-so, but suitable for tiding a person over until lunch. The hotel is a bit of a distance from the falls; however, there are a couple of transportation options. You can drive and park right next to the falls, but parking can fill up and there is a $12-$15 parking charge. The hotel has a shuttle that runs every hour, but we found the best option was right a crossed the street from the hotel at the White Water Walk attraction. At this location, you can purchase a Niagara Falls Great Gorge Adventure Pass, which includes entry to the Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk, Butterfly Conservatory and The People Mover Bus. It also includes some discounts coupons. We had a great visit to Niagara Falls and we would stay at this hotel again.

Clean, Comfortable and Cozy

by TripAdvisor Member cantwaittoreturn

June 25, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Hampton Inn North at Niagra Falls Canada for our 25th anniversary. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were immaculate, the beds were so comfortable it was hard to leave them behind. The hotel provides free parking and a shuttle back and forth to the Falls area and "downtown" (only about a mile or so away) every day. The hotel offers a free hot and cold Continental breakfast every morning with attendents there at all times keeping it clean and re-filled. The hotel is just an awesome place to stay and we plan on returning again next year.

Comments