Hampton Inn by Hilton-At the Falls

One Night Niagara Falls Getaway

Romantic Getaway Package

etc.

Unique Quality: free parking

Directions: The Hampton Inn by Hilton at the Falls is located directly across from the Falls Avenue Entertainment Complex

• Modest lodging

A very standard hotel with pleasant enough staff. Upgrades continue to be made. We were initially provided a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke, but the staff promptly provided us with a new room that had been refurbished and was clean. Beds were comfortable. It has a very small pool, but given that the massive new indoor waterpark is across the street I didn't see this as a great drawback. The Hampton Inn has package deals that include admission to the waterpark. The breakfast was very limited and could probably use some warm foods such as scrambled eggs. Lots of free parking in the rear was very handy.

Unique Quality: Right across the street from the new Fallsview Waterpark and casino complex that includes Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, etc. Easy walking distance to the touristy zone comprised of numerous wax museums and spook houses as well as the falls themselves.

More about Hampton Inn by Hilton-At the Falls

Honeymoon Disappointment

My husband and I arrived on May 28th, 2006 for our honeymoon and first trip to Niagra Falls as newlyweds. We booked the Romance package which included the wine and cheese basket, in room jacuzzi and king size bed.

After checking into the room and seeing the sights it was back to our room for romance. Unfortunately the mood was shattered when we discovered that the wine and cheese basket, included two packages of four thin size crackers and cheese spread packages and a bottle of wine that could only be opened with a corkscrew which was missing. Upon calling down to the front desk to inquire how to open the bottle my husband was informed that he had to return to the front desk and the clerk would open it for us. The explanation given for this proceedure was people were steeling the corkscrews. This explantion is completely unacceptable because the hotel has everyone's credit card informantion and could charge them if not returned.

The next morning I was taking a shower when the water got so hot it scalded my stomach area for over an hour. I let out a scream and my husband came running to find the redness all over my stomach. When we told the front desk about this incident the explanation given was it could have been caused by a drop in water pressure, such as somone flushing the toliet or starting the shower while I was cleaning up. They did send a maintenance person to check out our shower but he ran the water for a few minutes and said he could not find anything wrong. This in my opinion was a poor attempt to address my concerns. Suppose a small child was in the shower while this had happend, this incident could have caused more severe injuries especialling to the head and facial area.

Finally that day after a mourning of site seeing we returned to our room around noon house keeping was a few door down cleaning rooms. Our room and not been done but we decided to eat first and return back to our room for the afternoon. Upon arriving back to the room at 2:15pm we were disappointed and upset that housekeeping was still cleaning the same rooms and our room was not touched. Check-in is at 3:30 pm which is understandable but no attempt was made to take care of the rooms of the patrons who was staying additional days. My husband went back to the front desk to voice his displeasure and was given no explanation why our room had not been touched but offered to clean it after whe left for the evening meal and they would also include another bottle of wine. When we returned the room was cleaned and another wine package was there but again no corkscrew! Eventhough at time of check out they did adjust the bill and charged us for only one night, I will never stay at another Hampton Inn again.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member Jennashay

Stayed here one night and then headed to another property closer to the Horseshoe Falls (due to sell-out). Hotel was just OK. Complimentary parking and breakfast were nice, although breakfast room was so crowded we had to take our food up to our room. Decent offerings. Pool was SMALL, so small that we didn't even bother to use it and my daughter was disappointed. Location is great for Clifton Hills tourist area but area is VERY congested. Lots of restaurants within walking distance but a pretty good walk to the Falls. Constantly walking up/down hill so better be in shape! This location is close to the Rainbow Bridge to USA and the American Falls, but quite a distance to view Horseshoe Falls (the better ones in my opinion!) up close. Unfortunately, only room available was smoking and I'm not a smoker. Hotel is DATED and needs some refurbishing.

Nice stay at the Hampton...

Stayed one night at this Hampton Inn on our way back through Niagara Falls. We booked the Fallsview Waterpark package, and it was very reasonable by Niagara Falls standards. The rooms were clean, needed some updating, and there were stains in the hallway and the room carpet itself. The bathroom was clean, rooms well appointed, and the kids enjoyed the breakfast. The highlight, though, was the waterpark...clean, not crowded, and something for everyone. The package we booked here was well over $100 cheaper than anyof the other attached hotels. We would stay here again.

Needs some help

by TripAdvisor Member gregz69

When I travel, I favor Hampton Inn for numerous reasons. Generally they are very clean, good personnel, good breakfast and in generally a good value. This hotel was a cross between a cheap Days Inn and a low end Embassy Suites. The artrium in the hotel had a dated decor, looking like an old French quarter. The lobby had the hotels pool, hotub and sauna. It also housed bird cages, which a previous reviewer complained about screams. It wasn't people in the atrium it was the birds. Why management have these annoying birds in the hotel, I have know idea.

Our room was clean and satisfactory. The hallway to the room and public area was old and dated. Overall, this is not the typical Hampton Inn that you would find elsewhere. I believe management is relying on this being a tourist area because this hotel does not meet Hampton Inn standards. It is also a couple of blocks from the amusement area however it is quiet and removed from the action. The casino is across the street and a short walk.

Needs a lot of help

by TripAdvisor Member Tomby

Well, I have to say this hotel seems like a total dive, rather than a Hamptons Inn. I agree with most of the other posters. I do want to say that the staff, as at all Hamptons inns that I've visited, were lovely. The hotel needs a lot of fixing up: the second floor hallway carpet was FILTHY; the hall doorknobs were very loose and hard to use; the baseboard heating was falling apart. I will also say the beds were great, and the rooms themselves were clean. It is in a quiet location walkable to the falls, and I didn't mind the birds at all!

Decent and quiet location

by TripAdvisor Member mkkk

This location is not for those who are used to staying at the more luxurious Hampton Inns. Well suited for those who want a decent place to stay for a good price. Who wants to pay hundreds of dollars to stay at a hotel when you'll probably be spending the majority of your time checking out the Falls and Clifton Hill? Beds were very nice and room was clean. Only complaint is the hot water...ran the water for a long time and still no hot water...we all ended up taking cold showers. Turns out the pilot light went out on the hot water tanks...front desk agent said it was all good within half and hour but it wasn't. If you want hot water, make sure you get up early! Breakfast was quite yummy! There were cereals, breads, bagels, sausage patties, waffles, a nice selection of tea and coffee. Location is great...away from all the noise on Clifton Hill.

I'm A Travel Agent And Loved This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jnieman

My family and I booked this hotel as part of the water park package. As we normally stay at the Sheraton I was a little scared by the reviews I had read on this property. The Hampton was the only hotel w/ availability for the weekend we were traveling so we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. Upon checking in I was impressed with the lobby- our room was ready so we parked our car (free parking was a plus) We had a family suit which was very roomy w/ a balcony overlooking the lobby- pool area. Granted this was not a "Fallsview hotel" but when traveling w/ a family it was quite convienant. We did have to walk across the street to the water park but the walk was under 5 min. The waterpark was a blast!! At night we walked clifton hill which was not a huge walk- bundle up in the winter though!! At night the pool is set aside for adults from 9-11 which upset the kids a bit but they played all day in the water park so I didnt find this unreasonable. In the morning we had an ok breakfast- Continental breakfasts are nothing special anyway- but the food was enough to fuel us for another day at the water park. TRUST ME- this hotel is good- the staff was wonderful- our room was clean- and the price was great. Remember this is not right on the falls you will pay a much higher price for that- plus to have the parking and breakfast were a great plus!!

Our stay was great and cheap!

by TripAdvisor Member JaCee

A friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn across from Casino Niagara and was very pleased with our stay. The desk attendant was super and breakfast great!! Our room was very clean and comfortable! It was nice just to walk across the street to the casino. We are both women in our late fifties and felt 100% safe. The price was really reasonable and we really enjoyed our stay. We will deffinately stay there again. JC, New York

Comments