Imperial Hotel and Suites

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• spgood301's Profile Photo

A comfy room for a night

I spent my one night at Niagara Falls here, and found it comfortable. The Imperial's not the fanciest of digs - you'll want to look elsewhere for luxury accomodations. I chose it because I got a good deal here.

My room was pretty clean, I slept well and the shower was fine. And the Imperial's within walking distance of all Niagara Falls attractions, including a 10 minute walk from the Falls themselves.

It's all I ask for in a hotel on a short stay. I'd come back to the Imperial.

Unique Quality: The Imperial has several different kinds of rooms, including the Honeymoon Suite (not that I needed it, of course heeeheeeee). There's a Golden Griddle restaurant downstairs, for family dining.

Directions: Take the Stanley Avenue exit off Route 420. Make a left on Ferry, which becomes Victoria. The Imperial is on the left.

• Inexpensive accomodations near the falls

The Imperial is a no-frills hotel within walking distance of the falls (about 10 minutes) and the Clifton Hill attractions (about 5 minutes). There is nothing fancy about this hotel at all, but you get what you pay for. It is pretty inexpensive considering it's location. We paid about $90US per room, per night in peak season. The noise from the hallway and neighboring rooms was very loud, but if you only stay for a few nights, it shouldn't be too bad.

Unique Quality: Free breakfast every morning is included in the price of your stay!! There is a limited menu to choose from (eggs, pancakes or french toast, plus an order of sausage or ham, or cereal or a muffin/danish), but you can purchase add-ons for reasonable prices. And for free, the food wasn't bad at all.

The Imperial has an on-site parking lot, but they will charge a small fee, unless you are staying longer than a few nights. We stayed for 6 nights and got a free parking pass.

Directions: Near the intersection of Victoria Avenue and Clifton Hill

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

Imperial Suites Hotel...

Imperial Suites Hotel (changing to Hawthorne Suites)
    We paid $70/night (US dollars) for the room, but I think it was a special rate that we got online. Not bad for 3 stars in middle of tourist season.

Unique Quality: Very nice suites at regular room prices. Make sure you are in the hotel, though, and not the courtyard - those rooms looked like dives. Price includes breakfast. Nice pool and hottub facilities, too. Only complaint was the lighting in the rooms is really dim, too dim to even read in the room.

More about Imperial Hotel and Suites

Perfect for the price

First the bad news...The pool is a bit dinky and the exercise room is a useless joke. The breakfast discount dosen't put much of a dent in the high priced, yet unsatisfying, meal; You are much better off at the Dennys down the block.

Other than that, this place was great. It is clean. The staff are friendly. It is located a short walk from the falls, right off Clifton Hill (You should be in shape to walk back up Clifton hill to get home at night) but far enough off the hill so you are not bothered by the noise.

The price was great for a stay in Niagra Falls, in fact the price I was charged was less than the amount I was quoted when I made the reservation.

They do charge $5 CA a day for parking, but strangely enough that wasn't on my bill when I checked out.

Perfect for the price!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Imperial Room #204 for 6 nights Aug. 21-27 and we have made a few pros and cons about the hotel…

Pro:
The staff was excellent at the front desk!
They have a HUGE bathtub so two people baths are not an issue
The rooms were very clean!
They had a safe, which was useful for only $1 a day
Nice big TV in the room, which aired HBO
Since we stayed for six nights, they gave us free parking for three of the nights
Indoor pool and Jacuzzi
They Offered Room service for $5
Very deep drawers
VERY close to Clifton Hill
They gave us a $10 voucher for breakfast in hotel *one per night you stayed*
You get a coupon for the ‘love boat restaurant’ for buy one meal get the next 50% off
Complimentary luggage trolleys
Work out room with big screen TV and couches
Small fridge
Rooms were VERY big and didn’t smell at all
AC worked very well
The maid service left fresh towels on our doorstep when we put out the ‘do not disturb sign’
They had more then only one ice machine *on different floors*
They had a laundry + Dryer in the hotel

CONS
We had a two bed room, which was kind of useless
We didn’t have a microwave when we asked for it
We are clean people, and didn’t want room service, but then after the third day of staying there, the maid said that we are forced to change the room the next day… when we ‘allowed them’ they didn’t even change the bedding…
The parking attendant is mentally challenged and might harass you if you don’t have a blue piece of paper in your dash board
By the fourth day, the Jacuzzi’s water was getting a little murky and dirty.
Breakfast was expensive *$6.95 per plate*
There were only 13 channels on the TV
TV didn’t have a port to plug in your own DVD player
Pool hours only until 11:00 at night. So, if we went out a little later, and wanted to come home and swim at 12, we couldn’t even when we asked
Games room was a little small and a little smelly
No supervision in the pool, they had a rule saying that there cant be more then 10 people in the pool, and no yelling, we had both at the same time
Cookie that was left on ledge before we got there was still there when we left
Room didn’t have a clock or alarm clock
Cannot rent movies off the TV
11:00pm curfew for noise in the hallway but no limit in the mornings, we heard kids screaming in the hallway in the morning when we tried to sleep-in
Elevators were very slow to get to the floor you were waiting on
Pool floor gets really wet after use, no one around to squeegee the tiles
Still got billed for parking when we told him that we will not be parking there *but got reimbursed after*
Bed comforter was a little rough
There was no light from the ceiling, only lamps

Places to see/suggestions:
Maid of the mist
The new casino… if you sign up for the membership, you can get free parking and two dollars off the excellent buffet.. If you like walking, I suggest you park here and walk everyday (approx. a 10-15 min walk)
Don’t go to ‘brick city’… unless your obsess with Lego
TGI Friday’s was too expensive
Stay here, it’s worth it

Unsatisfied with few things, but would stay again

My fiance and I stayed here over the weekend and overall were pleased. The room was in a nice place facing Victoria Ave, and I liked the layout of the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were quite disappointed, however in the shape of our bathroom, as the wallpaper was peeling off and it just looked kinda dirty. The room itself had an odd smell to it. We were also disappointed in the breakfast vouchers you are given. Even with that, we still paid over $10, so we could have gone elsewhere and gotten a cheaper breakfast. The pool is quite small and the exercise room I would be embarrased of. Overall though, for the price and the room layout, we would stay there again.

Great place for the price

by TripAdvisor Member bobdobalina

With most reviews, you need to compare with expectations. What do you expect for the price. So with that in mind, we booked into the Imperial for two rooms using a last minute room provider. The rate was unbelieveable. It was very quiet at that time of year when we arrived. The rooms were a very good size. Rooms were clean, and service was very good (we only stayed for one night). If you can get this hotel for a good rate (it was about half the price of other hotels in the area), I would highly recommend the place. It is not a four or five star hotel. It provides clean accomodation, in a reasonable location. Watch out for the $5 parking charge. For eating options, try Wolfgang Puck's. We had a very nice meal there.

Best Hotel for Teens/younger crowd

This hotel is an awesome place to stay if you are young (18-25) and are going up with a bunch of your friends. It is very inexpensive and the hotel is very close to everything Niagara has to offer. I would never stay anywhere else and I've been to Niagara 8 times. The staff is usually friendly and leaniant. We slept in the day we were supposed to check out and checked out 3 hours late. The staff understood and did not give us any problems.

Good deal for the money

by TripAdvisor Member staceskins

We stayed at the Imperial for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The suite was huge and clean. The two person tub was large and wonderful! The room needs a bit of updating and some furniture replacements but you get what you pay for.
We had a king size bed which was very comfortable, and our room also had a microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. Our toilet seat was broke and the hair dryer didn't work but they were fixed as soon as I called down to mention the problem. The staff are friendly and helpful in the hotel and in the restaurant. We ate breakfast each morning here and is was very good and came quickly.
The Loveboat restaurant next door is fantastic and we have eaten there on many occasions.
All in all for the money, the Imperial is a good deal.

Great stay for a great price!

by TripAdvisor Member H203

We stayed at the Imperial Hotel and Suites Easter Weekend. It is right in the heart of Clifton Hill within walking distance of every attraction. We were on the 8th floor with a view (albeit distant) of the falls. Even though the exchange is not great right now, my family of four stayed Friday night and Saturday night for a total of $168.00! We had what is called a junior suite which consisted of two double beds and a sitting area with a love seat and table. We also had a refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean and large enough for us. The pool was a little small, but my children had a great time. The hotel staff was very friendly and even let us check in a little early. You receive a $10.00 breakfast voucher per family per day to use in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was good, but we chose to walk down Victoria on Sunday to the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet (of which there are quite a few in the area). I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Imperial Hotel & Suites

by dopey1200

Has anybody stayed here? We have already booked, so hopefully you only have good things to say about the place. How far a walk to the falls and other attractions? Thanks.

Comments