Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast

Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast

Lots and lots to enjoy at Lion's Head B&B

The Lion's Head B&B in Niagra Falls, Ontario is an experience not to be missed. The decor is beautiful, just what you'd expect in a turn of the century gorge side home. The real difference here is Helena, the proprietress and Innkeeper extraordinaire. The breakfasts are world class and the local knowledge she gave us proved invaluable. The package of Helena and the home... 5 Stars.

Our first, but definitely not our last time

My wife and I, along with another couple spent New Year's Eve weekend at the Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast. It was our first stay at a B&B. We could not have had a better experience. The bed was elegant, the breakfast was exquisite, and Helena was extraordinary. She suggested excellent restaurants and excellent sites to see. I would recommend staying at the Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast to all heading to the Niagara Falls area.

Okay, but some problems.

by TripAdvisor Member zelfant

Basically what I like about this bed and breakfast was the friendly atmosphere that Helena has created, but did not like two things:

1) The breakfast was relatively small, good, but there just was not a lot of it. Maybe I am just a spoiled American. But my husband who came with me is from Europe, and he thought it was small too.
2) Even though the rooms looknice, it is a very common large house, nothing special about it. Does not have a historic look or anything.

This place is located in an area "nested" with bed and breakfast places. Some of them appeared to be far more gorgeous then this place. I would try a different one next time.

P.S.

By the way, ths place does not have very good bathtubs, and I hope that will improve, but they are just really small.

Felt like home

Saw this B & B on TripAdvisor and it lives up to its reviews. Helena the owner met us at the door steps and made us feel at home right off. The house is very clean and tastefully decorated and with a lot of charm that is reflective of Helena. We stayed in the top floor suite which had a fun claw foot tub that became our nightly ritual. The bed in the suite had an excellent mattress as well. Every morning we opened our door to the lovely smell of a scrumptious gourmet breakfast awaiting us. Helena was also very helpful with our daily sight seeing agenda and her recommendations were all perfect. Can't miss with this one and we will definitely stay here again next time we come to the falls.

I'll be back!

This was our second stay at Lion's Head and confirmed our very positive experience in our first stay. Rooms are immaculate, breakfast is a unique culinary experience, and Helena seems to truly want her guests to have a great experience at Niagara. We agree that Lion's Head is among our two or three best ever B&B experiences. Helena is the best possible combination of professional and personable.

Love the Lion and Helena

Wow! What can I say about The Lion's Head Bed and Breakfast except exceptional, wonderful, hospitable, clean, you name it, the adjectives would be too many to mention. We have stayed with Helena on two occasions, staying in two different rooms--one as exceptional as the other--quiet, clean, and comfortable. My husband and I have stayed at SO many B & Bs over the years and the Lion's Head is truly one of our top two! The gourmet breakfasts were to die for and I was sooo stuffed when I left the table, I was ready for a nap instead of the trek to the "Falls", which by the way, is so close. Everything about this bed and breakfast was/is first class. Helena gave us so many tips on where to eat and visit. We don't necessarily like to "visit" all of the tourist "events/places" and Helena helped us with that endeavor as well. I have also recommended this B & B to friends who have stayed at the Lion's Head, too. I would recommend it to YOU and know that you will enjoy everything that the Lion's Inn and Helena have to offer in first class accomendations!

R. Porter

Loved our stay - will be back for sure

After two very comfortable nights we woke up to delicious gourmet breakfasts cooked and served by Helena in an elegant dining-room - set us off on the right foot for the day. Other than a snack in the afternoon, we were not hungry until evening. The top floor suite is luxurious and we would recommend it to honeymoon couples and for those very special occasions. It is spacious, exceptionally comfortable, private and quiet. We found Lion's Head B&B very close for taking an evening stroll to the Falls and for dinner, also for that very beautiful drive or cycle route to Niagara-on-the-Lake, an area with lots to explore and full of history. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We found Helena to be a very friendly, informative and caring host and will be back for sure. Will also be recommending it to our friends and family.

Coud not have asked for more ...

We arrived with HIGH expectations and were NOT disappointed. It was fabulous. Were we to return to the Falls this would be our choice again. Helena could not have been more friendly - giving useful/accurate advise. Her knowledge of the area is detailed and she takes the time to share it with you. We certainly felt at home very quickly.
The rooms are clean, really comfortable, each with their own character that fits in with the rest of the house. The breakfasts changed daily & we were pleasantly suprised each morning - looking forward to the next 'treat' ... We'll never want to eat a British cooked breakfast again!!
Just out of town - easy to pop along & see the Falls without having to take the car.
For a change - Niagara on the Lake is close enough to get to & so different to the Falls.
Thanks Helena ... If we hear of anyone coming your way we will certainly be recommending you to them.

Great B&B!

My wife loved this little B&B from the room to the food. Good location being not too far from the action and the falls but in a quiet neighborhood. Very relaxing.

A Sweet B&B

What a special place: great location, helpful hostess, wonderful food. Our room was sweet and clean. I'd easily recommend this inn to anyone who'll be in the Niagara Falls area.

Comments