Lyons House Hostel

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Average

• DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!

This is the worst hostel I can imagine! No, there weren't any bedbugs (at least not in my room), only some tiny ants and the dorm room I stayed in was ok. BUT: The owner is one of the most unfriendly, arrogant and disrespectful persons I've ever met in my life. Not only that he is convinced that his hostel is the only decent one in the whole wide world and makes you feel like an idiot because in his opinion you are only a stupid tourist who thinks niagara falls is only about the falls- no: when I decided to stay in another hostel and to leave the ACBB after one week, he was so offended, that he tried to talk the other hostel down and when I told him, that my decision is made he said: "OK, THEN GET YOUR ASS OUT OF HERE!!!!". I have never been rude to him, I was a paying customer who just decided to go to another hostel. Period. And I have no idea what is going on with him. But that is not a professional behaviour and he should never ever treat a guest like that! Yes, most of the guests are young people and the ACBB is not a 5*hotel BUT he should show some respect-even if the guest decides to stay somewhere else! Other negative aspects: Building looks pretty run down from the outside, inside also needs renovations. Breakfast: Even though I always got up quite early (8:30-9:30), most of the time there was nothing left but a few apples, bananas and some yoghurt. So please do yourself a favour, and go to another hostel!!!

Unique Quality: If you want to get insulted: Go there!

Unique Quality: If you want to get insulted: GO THERE

• bladedragon's Profile Photo

Great hostel in Niagara Falls

Our stay in this hostel was great!
    I got to know this hostel by a reference from a friend.
    The owner, Patrick, is a friendly and chatty guy. And he's very helpfull too.
    Upon our arrival there, he explained to us how we can maximize our experience in Niagara Falls.
    He gave us a small discount too! Thanks man haha...

The hostel is within 10-15 minutes walking distance to the falls.
    And it situated just behind the "Disneyland", that's what Patrick called the downtown area near the falls.

Since check-in time is at 3pm, if you come early, you can leave your luggages with him and come back anytime later.
    The room is spacious, there's shared bathroom and kitchen too, so yes, you can cook.
    Good thing that there's warm water (unlike the hostel I went in Manhattan that is) for shower.
    But best of all, there's PC with free internet and WIRELESS!

Oh, breakfast is provided and check-out is at 10am.

• DPando's Profile Photo

Nice Hostel

My experience.. was quite hard to get the place with a navigational system car but once there my stay was so comfortable and pleasant. The staff is one of the best i've ever met. so friendly and helpful and plan all sort of outdoors activities.. mostly of them on the waterfalls with some discounts on boats. fees are not expensive (as average for a hostel) and rooms and facilities so good.. maybe crowded in peak season means a problem to share the bathroom . but wasnt the case in early september, almost empty i met some japanese guys and some brit but almost alone ..

Unique Quality: The breakfast was included, free use of kitchen and coffee, bread and butter with jam are available to eat.
    Its possible to pay with US dollar or canadians.. they dont mind.
    The dorms are so nice and cosy.. i do like it so much and bathrooms are clean and quite big

More about Lyons House Hostel

Hostels Niagara Falls, Canada

by JennysTravels about Hostels in Niagara Falls

If you are planning on staying on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls there is a hostel close to the train station and all the touristy stuff.

Backpacker's International Inn

Beds start at $25.

HI-Niagara Falls Rainbow Hostel in Niagara Falls, Canada
4549 Cataract Ave., Niagara Falls
Beds start at $22.

There are a few more hostels/hotels to stay at in Niagara Falls just depends on your budget.

check with www.hostelworld.com Personally I have not stayed at any of these hostels as I lived in Niagara Falls for most of my life. I have seen them in passing and when taking friends on tours.

I hope you enjoy your stay in my city!

Lyons House Hostel

by adejude

We have a trip to Ontario coming up fast and it will end, as it were, with a one night stay at The Lyons House Hostel, reads OK, looks OK but does anybody know if it is OK??

All views welcome,