Lyons House Hostel

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Road Trip
See Amenities

by written on May 14, 2012

This is the worst hostel I can imagine! No, there weren't any bedbugs (at least not in my room), only some tiny ants and the dorm room I stayed in was ok. BUT: The owner is one of the most unfriendly, arrogant and disrespectful persons I've ever met in my life. Not only that he is convinced that his hostel is the only decent one in the whole wide world and makes you feel like an idiot because in his opinion you are only a stupid tourist who thinks niagara falls is only about the falls- no: when I decided to stay in another hostel and to leave the ACBB after one week, he was so offended, that he tried to talk the other hostel down and when I told him, that my decision is made he said: "OK, THEN GET YOUR ASS OUT OF HERE!!!!". I have never been rude to him, I was a paying customer who just decided to go to another hostel. Period. And I have no idea what is going on with him. But that is not a professional behaviour and he should never ever treat a guest like that! Yes, most of the guests are young people and the ACBB is not a 5*hotel BUT he should show some respect-even if the guest decides to stay somewhere else! Other negative aspects: Building looks pretty run down from the outside, inside also needs renovations. Breakfast: Even though I always got up quite early (8:30-9:30), most of the time there was nothing left but a few apples, bananas and some yoghurt. So please do yourself a favour, and go to another hostel!!!

Unique Quality: If you want to get insulted: Go there!

Unique Quality: If you want to get insulted: GO THERE

bladedragon's Profile Photo

Great hostel in Niagara Falls

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2008

Our stay in this hostel was great!
I got to know this hostel by a reference from a friend.
The owner, Patrick, is a friendly and chatty guy. And he's very helpfull too.
Upon our arrival there, he explained to us how we can maximize our experience in Niagara Falls.
He gave us a small discount too! Thanks man haha...

The hostel is within 10-15 minutes walking distance to the falls.
And it situated just behind the "Disneyland", that's what Patrick called the downtown area near the falls.

Since check-in time is at 3pm, if you come early, you can leave your luggages with him and come back anytime later.
The room is spacious, there's shared bathroom and kitchen too, so yes, you can cook.
Good thing that there's warm water (unlike the hostel I went in Manhattan that is) for shower.
But best of all, there's PC with free internet and WIRELESS!

Oh, breakfast is provided and check-out is at 10am.

DPando's Profile Photo

Nice Hostel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 8, 2007

My experience.. was quite hard to get the place with a navigational system car but once there my stay was so comfortable and pleasant. The staff is one of the best i've ever met. so friendly and helpful and plan all sort of outdoors activities.. mostly of them on the waterfalls with some discounts on boats. fees are not expensive (as average for a hostel) and rooms and facilities so good.. maybe crowded in peak season means a problem to share the bathroom . but wasnt the case in early september, almost empty i met some japanese guys and some brit but almost alone ..

Unique Quality: The breakfast was included, free use of kitchen and coffee, bread and butter with jam are available to eat.
Its possible to pay with US dollar or canadians.. they dont mind.
The dorms are so nice and cosy.. i do like it so much and bathrooms are clean and quite big

Nearby Lyons House Hostel

5 Photos of Lyons House Hostel

Amenities at Lyons House Hostel

• Free Parking

Niagara Falls Travel Forum

Need advice about Niagara Falls, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Niagara Falls and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Niagara Falls hotel reviews

What happened to the Quality Assurance at Denny's
Fort George
The greatest falls
Things to Do
VISIT THE HARD ROCK CAFE NIAGARA FALLS ONT.
The Niagara Falls.