3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Orbitz.com Marriott.com

Costs 110% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• WBeall's Profile Photo

AWESOME view!

When I say perfect location, I dont think you can get better then this! The rooms have an awesome view that looks over the falls and the staff were very friendly! We had a problem with our priceline.com booking and it was cancelled. When we got there around midnight, the staff had one room left and put us in it and they fixed any problems super quick and made it look easy. Then we got to the door and the key was not working, so they ended up moving us to a room that must have been a suite. The balcony could have fit a pool on it, it was soooo big! I woke up in the morning and just sat out there starring at the falls. BEAUTIFUL!! I will def stay in this hotel again when we come back to the falls!

The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that it is quite a bit of a walk to the attractions. They do have buses but if your enjoy walking then this is the place for you. We are young and adventures and love to walk everywhere so it was not a problem for us.

Unique Quality: Conveniently located just 185m walking distance away from the famous Niagara Falls, the four-star Marriott Gateway On The Falls offers amazing views and close distance to the newly opened Scotiabank Convention Centre across the street.
    Recently renovated, the hotel has a smoke-free policy. The hotel is furnished with elegant furnishings and modern technology.

All 405 spacious cityview and fallsview guestrooms spread over 31 floors comprise 371 rooms and 34 suites arranged with cable/satellite TV, fireplace and mini-bar.

At the Fallsview Milestones Grill & Bar you will enjoy international gastronomy, Starbucks offers its delicious coffee and at the Great Room Lounge & Bar taste some delicious and healthy snacks and beverages.

Some 3716sqm of meeting space features 15 meeting rooms with option to be divided into 23 breakout rooms while the largest meeting room is 786sqm of space all equipped with wired, wireless high-speed internet and business facilities.

The spacious fitness center comprises health club arranged with state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment, free weights and large 25m indoor swimming pool with modern whirlpool.

Year renovated 2008. Number of floors 31. Number of rooms 371.

Directions: On the Falls, Cant get any closer then this!

• THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!

The valet service at the Marriott literally gave our vehicle away to another guest with a similar car without checking their valet ticket to ensure it belonged to them. We called valet to bring us our car as we had to go run some errands quickly to make it back for our dinner reservation. Over an hour of waiting and complaining for our vehicle and countless excuses from the Valet Service of where are car may be, I demanded an explanation from the front desk manager. Only after this did they have the DECENCY to explain that SOMEHOW their staff GAVE our vehicle to another guest and the guest SOMEHOW did not realize that it did not belong to them (although there were various visible differences) and were enjoying hours of their time in a place 2 hours away from OUR home with OUR gas in OUR vehicle! Not to mention that this vehicle was a brand new higher class vehicle with very expensive personal belongings inside. We had to call the Niagara police to report it stolen because there was no way of getting a hold of the guests that stole our car. Not only did we miss our dinner reservation, and have the most sour emotions possible, as a REPEAT guest (at least 5 times in 6 months) to the Marriott, they insisted that their offer of a complimentary night was satisfactory. This experience was UNIMAGINABLY APPALLING. I suggest that you never stay here! But, if by an unfortunate chance that you do decide to stay at the Marriot Niagara, invest $50 for the on deck parking if you don't want your vehicle squandered off to a stranger. Just imagine not being informed for over an hour in attempts to hide their mistake! I am self employed and previously have worked in customer service for years. This is SHAMEFUL!

Unique Quality: Incredibly small pillows, previous guests hair in the jacuzzi.

• Horrible Hotel Experience

Very, very upset and dissatisfied with our stay.
    I booked the Presidential Suite as a surprise and celebration of my husband's 65th birthday. I shall list my discrepancies as there are so many.
    1. The advertised room rate online is $499.95 per night, we were charged $524.95 for one night.
    2. The heat in the living room area did not work and engineering had to come and fix the heater and provided us with a portable space heater.
    3. I decided to take a relaxing whirlpool in our room and when I got in I noticed pubic hairs in the tub from a previous guest which I did not see until I was "in" the whirlpool. Note there were no safety bars for getting in or out of the whirlpool therefore my husband could not even use the tub even if it were clean.
    4. The duty manager said she would give us a jr. pres. suite but we would still have to pay full charges for it.
    5. Online description says room stocked with "a stocked mini bar and a stocked wet bar". There were 8 cans of beer in the fridge.
    6. Bellhop said we had use of the concierge room beside ours. The door was locked and the front desk said it was closed on the weekends.
    7. The $90 room service hamburgers were cold.
    8. We could not purchase a bottle of water in the lobby because they had no change for a $20 bill.
    9. When we told the duty manager that we were leaving in the morning and not continuing our 2 night stay we were asked to return the $100 voucher for breakfasts and dinner.
    10. We were refunded for this horrible experience in the sum of $100 which was the value of the coupon.
    11. The internet was $10 to use for 24 hours in our room and personally I think this should be complimentary in the Presidential Suite.
    On top of all the disappointments I "feel" guilty giving my husband such a horrible gift. We did not stay in Niagara Falls or visit the casino and stores as planned because the aura of the vacation was ruined and we went home.

• ohh the view!!!!! breathtaking!!!!!!

Right upon arriving to the hotel on the 25th of July we had excellent service from the vallet people, (was alittle nervous handing off my keys to my very expensive truck), but worth it, didnt need to worry about finding parking spaces and moving luggage ourselves, just drive the truck to the front doors and they do the rest.!! The bellman was very friendly, he put all the luggage on the cart and brought us straight up to our room with great conversation all the way up to the 21st floor where we stayed for 2 nights. Once he left and we walk over to our spectacular view, I litterally jumped for joy...it was such an amazing view!!! My children ages 7&4 girls were both speechless and that does not happen all that often, but words of " WOW and " OH this is amazing!!!!" kept repeating out of thier mouths! Yes lots of people find it expensive to eat and stay there, but you have to know that going in.... you litterally do get what you pay for!! worth every penny to us!! We walked to clifton hill with the kids from the hotel...just letting you know it is along walk so if you have kids, I would advise other means of getting to the fun and excitement of clifton hill!! Cleaning staff was great too, I had even left them a written request to clean our window again because our children had greesy finger prints all over it from gazing out there so much, and it was clean when we came back. You know that the view is amazing when children that usually wake up to sit infront of the tv in the morning, grab thier snack and sit infront of the window instead... now that was cool!!! The bridge over the road you can access from the back door takes you right to the little ride that takes you straight to the falls. the ride opens at 9 am be there 15-20min before 9 cause it gets busy!! The pool and spa was great!!! But i personally thought there was abit to much chemicals in the pool area, my eyes were burning even though I didnt go under the water once. But, all in all, a spectacular hotel, spectacular service........worth every penny!!!! Happy travels everyone!! :)

Unique Quality: it was very cool that the large floor to ceiling windows had a little rotating vent that you could open and close that you could hear the falls roaring, the fireworks blasting,and the traffic below, wich was nice cause you dont really want an opening window at 23 floors high with children in the room...

• Transportation (or lack there of)

We just got back Friday 8/21/09.

Our complaint was that we went to take the shuttle to dinner only to be told that it isn't a courtesy shuttle but that there is a fee per person for it and it only makes 4 specific stops. For the $$$$ for the room and the $20 per day valet charge, the least they could do is give you a lift in the area. Even the lower end motels had free shuttle service.

I had even called ahead to check the radius of the shuttle and was told the radius was 3 miles and they never mentioned a fee. We spoke to the desk manager who neither said or did anything.

One other note, great bar and great bartender but who could afford to sit and relax and have a few drinks? 2 beers and a shot for $32. We really would have liked to have ended our days there with a couple of drinks but just couldn't do it. They would be better off (and so would the guests) if the cut the price a little. I dont' know how that bartender makes any money, there were never more than 2 or 3 people in there at a time.

Unique Quality: You can't beat the view!

The pool was very nice. Even had laundry facilities right there so you could swim while you waited.

The bell, wait and valet staff were great!

Directions: Just above Table Rock

• beachbino's Profile Photo

Best view in town!!

We loved the Marriott in Niagara. The location was the best, and so was the view. We didn't get to the spa, but we heard others talking about how spectacular it was. I would definetly reccomend this hotel to anyone, but be prepared to pay. The room was expensive, but you have an awesome view of the American and Canadian Falls. The food was very good, but also very expensive. Overall we thought it was worth it.

Unique Quality: The view!!!!!

Directions: Directly across from the falls.

• TJS1's Profile Photo

Best falls views in Niagara

We arrived in Niagara having flown in from NYC to Buffalo, and then taxi to Niagara.

This hotel is perfectly positioned overlooking the falls. I believe that every room has a view of the falls.

The hotel was very comfortable,and the rooms well appointed, however the main attraction are the views.

Unique Quality: Our room had a panoramic view of the falls with huge floor to ceiling windows.

Positioned in front of the windows were 2 chairs so you could sit and enjoy the view - day & night.

At night the falls are illuminated with a spectrum of lights - amazing.

Directions: You could not be better situated to view the falls

• Great views of the Falls

We stayed in the Presidential Suite of the Marriot Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel. The room was very large and clean. The view of the Falls was outstanding. The room had a very large spa type bathtub. The food at the reatuarnat was good but over-priced. There is no direct route to the Falls from the Hotel. There was a lot of construction going on at a nearby hotel that made walking the closest route to the falls somewhat tricky. Overall no complaints.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

A spectacular view of the Falls

The Marriott Niagara Fallsview Hotel offered a spectacular view of both American and Canadian sides of the Falls. It is 23 stories high and contains 432 guestrooms and suites. We made our reservation at this hotel because of the superior view offered!

The hotel is approximately 100 yards from the Falls, so afforded a broad unobstructed view of the Falls right from our room. Nightime illumination of the Falls was terrific--we didn't have to vie for parking spaces or get jostled by other tourists because we were seeing all of this from the comfort of our hotel room.

We scheduled our stay here to coincide with fireworks night---a colorful and creative display offered at least 70 nights throughout the year. Firework displays are not offered every night, so be aware of this if you plan to stay here.

Tours to the attractions can be arranged from the hotel lobby---we found their guidance immensely helpful!

Unique Quality: It's the view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carsonsmom42025's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

This hotel was the best!When we arrived&checked in a valet took our car&a bellboy took our bags.He refused to let us lift a single bag or help him!He was extremely friendly too.He showed us our room which was a suite&was FANTASTIC!The last thing he did was show us our view of the falls&it was the BEST view there.The horseshoe falls were right in front of our window&the Bridal Vail Falls were down the way but clear as crystal!We were able to watch the fireworks from our room,even thought they were down by the bridge to New York we could still see them just fine!The entire staff was very nice&friendly&the bartender in the lounge was very nice as well,although the drinks were very overpriced for no more than they were.The room was clean,we always had towels,the view was FANTASTIC,the staff was friendly..I will definatly go back to this hotel.The only complaints I have about this hotel are that the cleaning staff was a little too eager to get to clean your room.I had just gotten out of the shower one morning&my husband was about to get in the shower when the cleaning lady came to the door.We were naked so we couldn't go to the door so she let herself in!I had to hold the bathroom door shut to keep her out&tell her that we were still in the room!Just remember to always keep your "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on your door!Also,the valets were a bit slow to get our car to us when we called down but they were busy so it was understandable.They also were parking the cars in a lot next to construction&everytime our car came to us it was COVERED in white dust and filth!Yet we never saw any other cars from the hotel covered in it.It was odd to us but our car was safe&just had to be rinsed off so we didn't complain to them.Overall, Niagara Falls is an AWESOME place,I'd love to see more of Canada,&this hotel will see me again before I die!

Unique Quality: The views are to die for!
    They have a Starbucks in the lobby!
    VERY friendly staff!!
    Prime location!
    Shuttle bus for hotel guests!
    They have "bridge" at the back of the hotel that takes you over the road in front of the hotel, rather than having to cross the street and such.
    More than willing to help with anything you might need, be it directions or more towels!!
    A bit overpriced but the view makes up for it!
    The suites have a jacuzzi and a fake fireplace!!! and a mini-refrigerator that has WAY overpriced liquor.
    Excellent hotel!
    And they have a spa!!!

Directions: Right in front of the Horseshoe Falls! Across the street from Tony Roma's and Outback Steakhouse! Next door to TGIFriday's!

• crzymallard's Profile Photo

Wonderful Hotel

The rooms in this hotel are highly recommended.

Service was outstanding.

The food in the hotel was satisfactory.

Unique Quality: Be sure to ask for a room on an upper floor for a spectacular view of the Horseshoe Falls.

• tracynew72's Profile Photo

BREATH TAKING VIEWS!

First class accommodations, friendly staff and great location. If possible, spend the cash and get a room with a view of the falls.

If you thought the sound of the ocean was soothing while you sleep - try this!

Unique Quality: Above and beyond the amazing views, the hotel staff was wonderful. The property was beautiful and the amenities were plentiful! They have a gorgeous spa that I hope to utilize on my next trip!

Directions: Overlooking the Canadian Horseshoe (the larger of the two falls) at Niagara Falls.

More about Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Getting from Buffalo Airport to the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

by ImOK

I just found out that the hotel does not offer a shuttle. Any advice on the most economical way to get to the hotel from the airport I wonder if there is a simple bus service?

Comments