2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Reservations Mean Nothing Here

I booked this hotel through a WagJag deal almost 2 months ago. The deal sounded very good, so I purchased 2 vouchers. The first reservation I made was for a later date than my second reservation.

The first voucher/stay, I received everything according to the deal, and the room was a Fallsview technically, with a balcony, as advertised.

The second stay (which was ironically booked previous to the first stay), my 2 children and I arrived at the hotel, checked in smoothly, and having stayed at this hotel on previous occasions, realized that the room was not the one advertised and paid for through the WagJag voucher.

Ironically, the night of this stay was not my preferred first option date. When I called the hotel over a month ago, I was told that the Fallsview room advertised were sold out for my preferred date of stay. I asked if I could use the voucher for a city view room instead, and was told "no, the voucher is for the fallview room, and it couldn't be used for reserving a city view room.

After seeing that the room that we were put into, was not the fallsview room as advertised, my kids and I went to the desk to inform the staff of this error. We were told that there were no fallsview of the rooms left available (despite the fact that the reservations was made at least 5 weeks previous, and confirmed through the hotel). Song and dance from the reception staff as to why no fallsview rooms.

Reception staff stated that for the inconvenience, they had inserted extra coupons for restaurants etc, into the arrival package. What a laugh. Having been here only 8 days ealrier, I didn't recieve anything extra this time compared to what arrived in my inserts 8 days previous. How many restuarants can a person actually visit for full meals in one overnight stay?? Basically, the additional vouchers are worthless, since I don't need to eat 3 or 4 dinners in one night.

At no time in the weeks leading up to my arrival, did the hotel have the courtesy to call me to inform me that my reservation expectations were being changed, despite the fact that they had my contact information.

The reception staff basically fed me a line of BS about any extras that they gave me, because the previous stay showed that these vouchers are the norm.

Never again will I stay at a hotel that basically does the "Bait and Switch" method of advertising and business in general.

Room Tip: They will only put you in a different room anyway, so why recommend??

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Nice hotel for visiting Niagara Falls

We stayed one night and it was nice.
    The location is indeed central and close to the falls and the rooms were nice and comfortable.

Unique Quality: Convenient location

• Well Worth the Money

Michael's is a little dated, but definitely worth the money, especially compared to other hotels in the area. The inn is conveniently located to everything. Parked our car and rarely used it again. Walking distance to everything!! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant was actually reasonably priced compared to some of the places we at breakfast at. As I said, the place is really in need of updating, but it is very clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Disgusting horrible service!

I was really looking forward to a working holiday weekend and after seeing the reviews for this place was pretty excited about my getaway to the Falls.

The place advertises on booking that they 'have wi-fi throughout the entire hotel' yet this means only by one window in the lobby which doesn't even have the signal strength to be accessible. I think they are possibly using free wi-fi from another location. Now I know this may seem insignificant to some but I work as a computer programmer so when I can't get wi-fi I can't work remotely and chose this hotel especially because it was one that had wi-fi. When I spoke to the manager named Claudio about this, he chuckled and said he can't compensate me at all for this as he really didn't mean to advertise that. What a joke a discount off my bill at over 100 a night would have been better! These people have no clue about customer service at all!

Next thing we know the hot water in our room cuts off. Now again being a customer and working with clients myself I am aware that from time to time these things happen but what we would do in our business is reimburse our client for the inconvenience. But no, Claudio tells me it is 'out of his control', therefore not his problem, and 'if there was something really broken in your room' he might think about compensating me for it. What does he think running hot water is? A luxury item that I should be grateful for??

Don't come to this place they mislead people and then are extremely unhelpful

Worst hotel ever!

Unique Quality: Unique qualities would be the ability to totally disgust and offend a customer in under 5 minutes when said customer is actually trying to be reasonable.

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Michael's Inn

3-diamond hotel is on River Road and is steps away from The Falls.

Room Cad 145-170 +taxes

Unique Quality: 5 min walk to falls and attractions - great central location. Wireless internet. Free parking.

Directions: Michael's Inn By the Falls is located across the street from the Niagara River in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
    Three blocks from Casino Niagara
    500 meters from Clifton Hill

• sunshine9689's Profile Photo

Michael`s Inn

The hotel was alright. We were 10-15 minutes of walking distance from the Falls.
    The room did not have air conditioner though and it was pretty hot.
    The swimming pool and hot tubs were very dirty..
    Food was alright.

• You will love this place!

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We just arrived home today and the fact that I am looking for places on the internet to recommend this hotel says it all!
    Affordable, location, location, location...and CLEAN! The building is in great shape. The pool and hot tub are outstanding. Sittng in the hot tub with a full view of Planet Hollywood and the Casino was great. We pretty much had the entire pool area to ourselves for 3 days as we went off season. We upgraded to Fallsview rooms when we arrived and we were not disappointed. The falls are down a little bit, and the bridge is before them, but the view was incredible regardless. The rooms are well decorated, and I cannot stress to you how clean they were. I would probably do cityview next time, I do not recommend ground floor, terrible access to the pool and overlooking a parking lot with no balcony.
    The main tourist street, Clifton hill, is just a couple small blocks away...and I have stayed directly on that street previously. Micheals Inn is without a doubt much better for location. (unless you like chaos and noise) Very short walk to everything. Trust the reviews on this place, it is a sure best bet for your money.

Unique Quality: Some helpful information for you...do NOT eat close to tourist area. If possible go down Lundys Lane (by car) to Flying Saucer restaurant for breakfast and Mick and Angelos for supper is a must. They have something for everyone and goooood food and prices.
    We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on it but it smelled great!
    We made the mistake of eating at Denny's for lunch one day and $15.99 for chicken fingers and fries, and not good ones either, is outrageous! $65 dollars later we learned our lesson.
    Also bring a can of Static Guard. Sounds weird I know, but it must be the carpeting. My hair and clothing were a nightmare and I cannot tell you how many shocks I got over the course of our stay.

Directions: About 2 blocks from the Falls and all the crazy touristy places. Kitty corner to Planet Hollywood, the Casino, Hersheys store..mmmm.
    Right across the road from Niagara Falls Aviary, Birds of the Lost Kingdom.

• Great Hotel

My family and I have stayed at Michael's Inn several times and have had a great time. Staff are great, rooms are clean and restaurant is very good. It is a rather long walk to the falls but if you don't want to stay in the noisy Clifton Hill section then this the perfect spot for you.

More about Michael's Inn By The Falls

Didnt like it sorry

by TripAdvisor Member GaryH_UK

We stayed in Niagara for 3 nights and chose the Michaels Inn. As soon as we walked into reception we thought - oh dear, this place looks a bit dated. The decor is so 1970's. Staff were ok, and we were sent to a standard room on the 2nd floor.

Hated the room, it looked out over the car park, with some cars higher than the room, and the room was small. Most of the lights in the room didnt work, the decor was awful, and the bathroom tiny. The place had a horrible "tacky" feel to it.

We asked to upgrade and paid extra to stay in the romance suite, which was huge corner room, with 2 balconies, one overlooking the falls, with a huge jacuzzi in the room, huge bed, bathroom etc.

Again, some of the lights didnt work, the tv was on the blink, and more dangerously, some of the safety bars preventing kids from climbing through the side of the balcony were missing. There were old eggs at the bottom of the patio door on the balcony overlooking the falls - as if people had thrown them at the window months ago - the chairs outside were dirty, and again the decor, very old with wallpaper peeling in places, and a mix and match of colours which didnt really go.

My biggest complaint was the air con system, every room in the hotel has a vent along the side wall near the ceiling, and a control in the rooms allows you to control the temperature and the fan speed, however, the noise the system made drove me crazy - even with the fans off - the noise is similar to that of driving a car with one window down and hearing a constant "booming" noise in the background which eventually vibrates in your head. Getting to sleep was difficult due to this - in addition the fact the curtains didnt close properly (and were very dirty) didnt help.

We didnt eat in the hotel, to be honest we didnt feel safe enough given the standard of the rooms to eat there, and the restaurant hours were limited. As we had the jacuzzi in the room we didnt use the pool but did have a look in and it looked ok.

On the plus sides, its in a decent location, slightly away from all the neon lights, but close to the falls. The rooms were clean - except for a condom in packet under the bed we found on checking the room before checking out, and we had a plentiful supply of clean towels and shampoo etc.

I wouldnt go back there personally, I would rather pay a bit more and stay in one of the hotels nearby, mind you I dont think I would go back to Niagara - I hated the place, imagine Blackpool but much worse. Neon lights and money grabbing attractions everywhere.

Michaels Inn is probably good value for money for those on a budget, but sorry I wont be returning. Not until they update the decor in the entire hotel, and install a complete new heating/air con system.

Poor Service from Property Manager

by TripAdvisor Member Doug & Matt

We enjoy Niagara Falls in the off season; room rates are very affordable, in the case of Michaels Inn you receive what you have paid for - less quality service from the front desk. The room we had was clean, out - dated, but clean, we had breakfast in the restaurant - both service and quality of food were standard for a property of this type. The only concern that we had, was with the front desk staff. Several very important calls were made by family to reach us, the calls for reason unknown were never put through to our room, no voice messages with our in-room phone. The family member that called, had spoken with a front desk staff member and explained the urgency of the call. Still the front desk staff did not relay the message. This is an Astons property, so I made the attempt to address my concerns with their corporate offices a letter was sent to the corporate offices addressing the lack of appropriate service from the front desk staff on this matter. I was assured that the matter would be reviewed by the property manager and I should receive a response to address the issue. I did receive a response, one of complete denial that any calls were received by the staff of the property, the content of the letter was completely lacking in any form of 'customer service' frankly it was degrading. Based on my experience with this property, I have not and will not be a repeat customer.

Beautiful Balcony

My husband and I stayed at Michael's Inn last year and are going again this month. We had a regular room last time which was very nice, beautiful view and very clean. The one thing I really liked was the fact that we could go out on the balcony. All the big hotels now do not allow you to even crack open a window to get fresh air, never mind stepping out and enjoying the view. I have upgraded to the Scarlett O'Hara room this time and will let you know what we think.

First time going alone.

by bouncetrounce

Hey,
I'm a College student in the US,and plan to fly alone (from this side) to meet friends over at the canadian side. I can't drive, (and neither can my friends) so I was wondering if anyone can tell me about cheap/local transportations routs that I can take from yyz (Pearson International Airport) to Niagara falls.I will most likely be staying at the Radisson Hotel & suites falls view (a few blocks from the falls) or Michaels Inn (1 block from the falls). AND if I can get student discounts in Canada even tho I'm a US college student.
Thanx every one!!!

RE: First time going alone.

by loose_motion

Hi,
Take the niagara airbus from the airport to your destination. Contact :
Niagara Airbus
Tel: (905) 374-8111 (Niagara region)
(905) 677-8083 (Toronto)
(716) 835-8111 (Buffalo and vicinity)
1-800-268-8111 (North America)
Fax: (905) 374-0932 (Niagara region)
1-800-206-7222 (North America)
Website: www.niagaraairbus.com

Look up www.gtaa.com for any YYZ info requirements. Have a good trip

Comments