5700 Stanley Ave, QEW & Hwy 420 at Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls, L2G 3X5, Canada
Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

More about Niagara Falls

Carriage rides.Carriage rides.

On the Canada side of the Niagara Falls.On the Canada side of the Niagara Falls.

Great Canadian MidwayGreat Canadian Midway

Seats for weary legsSeats for weary legs

DO i NEED A VISA FOR CANADA?

by alyf1961

I am going to Niagara falls from New York next May. Do I need a visa to cross from the USA to Canada and back to the USA, I have had a look on the Canadian embassy site but it isn't clear. If I do need a visa do I need to get it beforhand or can I get it on the day.

Alyson

by Dymphna1

To get back into the USA you will need a passport.

by SfumatoPants

No, no visa needed. As a above, a passport is required for international travel.

by csuresh

It depends on your citizenship. For Americans, you will not require a visa, but for lot other country citizens, you need to take a visa [Canadian embassy is in Newyork city).

by GrumpyDiver

Your homepage says you live in the UK. I assume you are a UK citizen. As stated before, UK citizens do not need a visa to enter Canada, but they do need a valid passport. You will need to use the passport to return to the US.

by davesut

Hi Alyson, I did this trip a few years back and you are so right, that Canadian embassy site is hopeless, I spent ages trying to get a straight answer. Anyway, nothing needed only your UK passport. The online visa waiver or whatever it is called now is enough for multiple entries into the USA for 2 years so you will be fine going to and fro over the Rainbow Bridge between US and Canada as many times as you want.

by nhoolb

First of all: there is no EMBASSY in New York. There is a CONSULATE. All embassies are in Washington DC.

Secondly: no ESTA required to return to the USA-although you may have one already-when arriving into the USA BY LAND.

You can find that here:

Where it says:

>>>>>>
I am a citizen of a VWP country and am visiting the U.S. from Canada or Mexico?

If you are coming by land, you do not need to have ESTA authorization. If you are flying into the U.S. or arriving by sea, you do need to apply for ESTA
<<<<<<<

by alyf1961

Thanks for your help, I didn't know if it was different for UK passport holders than for USA passport holders. cheers, Alyson.

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls is probably the...

by hayward68

Niagara Falls is probably the most visited tourist spot in Canada. Everyone has either seen it or heard about it. Whenever we have someone visiting we take them to see this famous spot. I believe I was 5 when we first went here. My grandparents were visiting from England and I can still remember seeing the Falls for the first time. They are quite an impressive sight. I also remember that it had recently rained and my parents wouldn't let us on the grass as it was so muddy!

That's me showing off my flowered panties, a word of advice, don't wear a skirt here!

Driving into Canada from Queens!

by machomikemd

Wow this is a Tiring Drive and It took about 10 hours and a few stops to gas stations for us to arrive at niagara falls from woodhaven in queens. the distance is about 422 miles and it gets confusing at times since there are so many turnpikes from the freeways here (there are no turnpikes in the west coast), we got lost near syracuse and also in scranton in pennsylvania but eventually got to niagara falls via the I-290W and I-190N then off to rainbow bridge and into Niagara falls Canada side and Queen Elizabeth Way to Toronto.

Tiny church

by mtstranscribe

On the way to Niagara on the Lake, where all the wineries are, look out for this tiny church on the side of the road. Its a great photo op and probably the smallest church in existence (or close to it).

Via Rail

by kentishgirl

We travelled to Niagara by train from toronro, the journey was cheap and the trains were comfortable.

Niagara train station is located away from the falls and you must then get a bus down a steep hill to the falls area.

Dont forget to stop by the Rainforest!

by crusin_tha_world42 about Rainforest Cafe

The Rainforest Cafe` is always such a fun place to eat. I can never get enough of the thunderstorms they have or the moving animals surrounding you. But dont worry it doesnt distract you when your eating because they only turn them on about every 10 minutes or so.

It also wasnt that expensive. on average about $12 a plate and the food is very good.

Probably the best place in all of Niagara to go if you have smaller children. I ordered this salmon on some kind of wood. Im sorry i forgot the name of it, but it tasted absolutly amazing! They brought it out on a piece of wood and you get so many flavors- i really cant describe it, but the best i can say is that it had this flavor that came from the wood. If anyone has had this before you know what i mean.

Comments