Niagara Family Inn

American Falls, NiagaraAmerican Falls, Niagara

BUTTERFLY PAVILLIONBUTTERFLY PAVILLION

Handicap accessible

by marciandken

Are both Maid of the Mist and Behind the Falls accessible for a wheelchair/stroller?

Re: Handicap accessible

by royalempress

Behind the falls has many flights of steps going up and down and is very slippery with wet moss. I felt at risk just walking.

The Maid of the Mist is really a special experience. They take you down in a elevator to the boat. You might check on line but I think it would be possible to go on the boat. Be prepared to get wet!!!

Mike

Re: Handicap accessible

by hayward68

According the the Journey Behind the Falls website:

*This attraction is wheelchair accessible, except for access to the lower observation deck that is reached via stairs.*

And Maid of the Mist:

*Yes, all parts of the Maid of the Mist Tour are wheelchair and stroller accessible*

Have fun, I was just there last weekend :-)

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Winter Wonderland

by csistok

Woo-hoo! I'm the first person to enter a tip for this location! So, for my very first tip on Niagara Falls, I'd like to recommend you to visit during the winter months. Go down to the Falls at night, and see how beautiful the trees and the wrought-iron railings look with the mist frozen onto them in a thick, even layer of ice. On top of that, enjoy how peaceful it is without thousands of tourists jostling you to get a glimpse of the famous cascade.

What to wear

by OlenaKyiv

The coldest months in Niagara Falls are November through March, when temperatures average between -6 and 4°C (21 and 39°F). Snowfall is abundant during the winter months. April and October are also brisk. June, July and August are balmier, with average highs of 25°C (77°F) and lows of 15°C (59°F). Keep in mind that the falls affects local weather conditions. Even on the sunniest days, visitors close to the falls can get quite wet from the mist if the wind is blowing their way. Be prepared to wear rain gear or to don dry clothing. Grab an umbrella. Everyone will understand you, even though there will be no rain.

We finnally got to dance...

by redhed410 about Rumour's Nightclub

We had a great time at this club...some of the guys were creepy, but I guess you can get that anywhere. The dance floor was small, and really sticky, but that didn't stop us from dancing. Because you can smoke in doors anywhere in Canada we had to spend a lot of time in the smoking room for my friend. Its like a hallway lined with mirrors and filled with smoke. If you can breathe it for a little bit, you can actually converse with people in there. We met some REAL interesting characters there. Typical club gear.

Great food! Best Steak Ever!

by TammyChristopher about The Keg

We had the best meal of our entire trip at The Keg. It was located in our hotel on the 9th floor. The food was amazing! I craved the dinner we had there for months after our trip! They had the best steak I have ever eaten! Pricey, it was over $100 for just the two of us. But I won't complain about paying that for the meal we got there! Would go there over and over again! It is also a beatiful view of the falls while you are eating! The sun was setting while we ate, it was just amazing!! The STEAK, by far the STEAK!

Boston Pizza

by sim1 about Boston Pizza

For lunch we went to the Boston Pizza. This is also a chain restaurant, hahaha, and the name already tells you that they serve pizzas! But not only that, you can also order pasta, salads, ribs, sandwiches and appetizers. They have too much to mention, and too much on the menu list to decide quickly what you would like to eat. Hahaha, it took me some time staring at that list before I could make my mind up :-)) The food is okay, the service is a little bit slack. But a nice place to have lunch anyway.

The view..... the 'monster' of Clifton Hill (hahaha, you might remember that monster picture in my previous tips).

The restaurant is not hard to find. Just try to find that giant monster, which is impossible to miss, cross the street and you are at Boston Pizza.

Comments